Forum › Can't Defy the Lonely Girl discussion

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

THE ART STYLE IS SO CUTE. THE GIRLS LIKE EACH OTHER AND THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE. THEY SHOULD HAVE SCIENCE BABIES IN THE FUTURE.

I regret not starting this series much earlier, but I am so glad I found it. It makes me smile as I read it.

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

I almost didn't start reading this because the premise sounded like it might be uncomfortable, but I'm glad I did. How are these two so cute?

(Also, that is one meticulously rendered mechanical pencil on pages 2, 3, and 4. No doubt the artist had a reference right in front of them.)

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

yay,adopt a kid!

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Very cute!

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I honestly think this manga need to get chopped. Once Sora's mom made a deal with her and left for Hokkaido, there is no plot or story that makes the manga moves. So one of course will look at secondary characters being developed. Wakana and Yuina simply are not convincing. Also this happens shortly after Wakana run into her crush. This is totally not realistic the way that arc goes. Then how come Yuina would going out with Wakana supposedly because Wakana and her crush did not work out as it is actually a one sided love by Wakata. For one thing her crush can be heterosexual so the entire arc becomes useless. Yuina and Wakana should have been dating quite earlier. Now it looks like the mangaka does not know what to do, so everything including the kitchen sink are thrown into the story, but unfortunately it does not work,. However I think it is the mangaka's "fault". Whatever happened to Egawa? We never have seen her since the cultural festival.

So who is really the lonely girl? Sora or Wakana or someone else?

joined Feb 1, 2021

That was a very fluffy chapter.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Fluff like this is the hardest thing to write there is. That's why most romance series end once the main couple get together.

76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

if only this series could have been like this from the beginning

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I honestly think this manga need to get chopped. Once Sora's mom made a deal with her and left for Hokkaido, there is no plot or story that makes the manga moves. So one of course will look at secondary characters being developed. Wakana and Yuina simply are not convincing. Also this happens shortly after Wakana run into her crush. This is totally not realistic the way that arc goes. Then how come Yuina would going out with Wakana supposedly because Wakana and her crush did not work out as it is actually a one sided love by Wakata. For one thing her crush can be heterosexual so the entire arc becomes useless. Yuina and Wakana should have been dating quite earlier. Now it looks like the mangaka does not know what to do, so everything including the kitchen sink are thrown into the story, but unfortunately it does not work,. However I think it is the mangaka's "fault". Whatever happened to Egawa? We never have seen her since the cultural festival.

I'm not sure I get the criticism here. Sora's mom was the worst part of this story. From the beginning it was really about Sora and Ayaka getting together and figuring out their feelings for each other. There's no reason why a story needs to end when they get together, and there is plenty of space to look at how a relationship develops once a couple has gotten together.

I do agree with you that Yuina and Wakana could have used more development, but I actually think it's better for them to get together after the cultural festival. Their relationship will be better if Wakana has let go of her feelings for her past crush, so I don't mind that, it just happened a bit too quickly, but then again, not every relationship, high school or otherwise, needs to be super serious. They can be more casual about it, and that's nice as well.

And since Ayaka is no longer going for the recommendation, Egawa-sensei isn't important anymore, so would she need to be part of the story at all? She's more of a plot driver than an important character.

joined Jul 6, 2014

Are you joking? Obviously Sora was originally the lonely girl. And I have no idea why you think Yuina/Wakana doesn't work, for my part I think it works well and it's pretty cute, though it needs to be developed more. Not having drama every chapter doesn't mean the author ran out of ideas, there's always a bit of fluff and other characters that can be explored.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Ppl always complain about how most series end with the main couple getting together (myself included) but when one does keep going afterwards then come ppl complaining that it needs to get chopped. Either way you do it, you do it wrong i guess.
Personally i'm enjoying this greatly, hope it keeps going for a while

joined Jan 14, 2020

Yes, good manga is good. Thank you translators.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Maybe Truck-kun should be introduced for the sake of those who want plot

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

The point is to be soft and cute now, duh

Makasete
joined Sep 21, 2016

Wakana and Yuina best couple already

joined Jun 21, 2021

I thought I knew what was about to happen a few pages in…and I Might’ve been right with any other series lol.

It’s so crazy to think how far these characters have come, I wish more series were able to go on this long with the little slice of life stuff post leads getting tougher.

Idk how much longer this series will last, but I’ll enjoy it every step of the way

Fb_img_1685314561718
joined Mar 16, 2022

I think we really have to get rid the blackmail tag now lol.

joined Dec 4, 2017

wow another daily dose of glucose, thanks for the chapter!!
i just cant, they are too cute :)

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

Such a happy and cute chapter^^

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Ahh cute chapter!!

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Awww how precious

I always get sad when good romance manga ends after the romance starts so I'm really glad we're getting just a nice volume full of fluffy "they're dating and being cute with each other" shit. They have such a cute relationship.

joined Feb 1, 2021

The fluff is real!

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

What can I say that I haven't said already?

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

At this rate the only thing that will be missing here will be:
-Seggs
-Graduation
-Marriage
-Adult life

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

These two are so precious together, I love them.

To reply you must either login or sign up.