Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I'm now 180% on board the idea that our little bear is completely into Hino and very much looking forward to all the skinship/mild lewdness that keeps happening . Also kyaaaaaaaaa that last pannel :O :O

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Koguma: "No!"

Koguma's subconscious: "Yes."

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

200% going to be Hino pressing their foreheads together to check if koguma got a fever

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

"Ravish me"

"No."

Sasameki Koto 2: Electric Boogaloo

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^^ Hopefully not though that would at least fit the art. I don't see why she would have call to check though- I know she got wet but she has displayed no signs of being ill.

I still think it was a kiss.

last edited at Dec 27, 2021 9:30AM

joined Feb 21, 2019

we all want the kiss and for her to wake up and react to the kiss... but then we all remember this is Tarou-sensei the trickster so it probably won't be that ;___:

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

we all want the kiss and for her to wake up and react to the kiss... but then we all remember this is Tarou-sensei the trickster so it probably won't be that ;___:

Wouldn't it be a great trick to condition us to expect a fake-out, only to subvert the expectation by actually going through with it?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I still think it was a kiss.

Beyond the usual tricks of this manga, the last time this happened taught us that Hino would not abuse Koguma's trust like that.

Then again, though, we didn't have a cliffhanger that time...

joined Nov 22, 2021

200% going to be Hino pressing their foreheads together to check if koguma got a fever

I think you’re right - Koguma’s cheeks are flushed through the whole chapter, even when she’s not embarrassed. And her behavior in this chapter is definitely “feverish”.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Koguma is all but demanding that Hino do lewd things to her at this point

joined Aug 29, 2019

Is it just me or has Hino-san become the title on Dynasty that currently gets the most community engagement in terms of forum posts and involvement per chapter?
Sure, it's been going for a few years and has 92 chapters now, but 3600+ posts in the thread is nothing to sneeze at. Not even Futaribeya or Hana ni Arashi have as many posts, though then again Bloom into You has more than twice as many :D The power of having an anime adaptation I guess?

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

While everyone (pretty much) likes a toss in the sheets, getting your hair combed and dried is luxurious.

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

Brain: it's bait
Heart: Hino is actually kissing her

Even if it's a fakeout, at least we had so.much else in this chapter:
-big tshirt cute Koguma
-"Do anything you want" / bed push
-Adorable hair drying and head patting

last edited at Dec 27, 2021 11:30AM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Alternative guess: the last panel was from Koguma's dream, since she's sleeping

joined Aug 29, 2019

Regardless of which fakeout it's gonna be, it'll be frustrating in the best way possible.
"We knew you were going to trick us, and we were absolutely prepared for it, but we're still mad about it! We also know you'll do it again! Now give us more!"

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Is it just me or has Hino-san become the title on Dynasty that currently gets the most community engagement in terms of forum posts and involvement per chapter?
Sure, it's been going for a few years and has 92 chapters now, but 3600+ posts in the thread is nothing to sneeze at. Not even Futaribeya or Hana ni Arashi have as many posts, though then again Bloom into You has more than twice as many :D The power of having an anime adaptation I guess?

YagaKimi had tons of posts long before the anime was a thing. Long-runners are almost by definition popular, and those get a lot of posts. Series that attract the different combinations of post types of course get the most, like:

• Approval/disapproval posts: “So cute!”/“This sucks!”

• Plot predictions: “The ex will come back!”/“MC will confess in the onsen chapter!”

• Plot theories: “They’re really twins!”/“That cough means the MC has an incurable disease!”

• Shipping wars/off-brand ships: “SejuxSumin 4evah!”/“Sayaka is best girl!”

• Critical debates/Interpretive readings: “You call it slow, I call it nuanced!”/“Anyone notice the two dozen shots of the various characters’ shoes?”

• Tagging wars: “Subtext!”/“Yuri!”/“Subtext!/“Yuri!” (Lather, rinse, repeat).

• Morality debates/real-life lessons: “Can head patting be sexual assault?”/“Is thirteen months an age gap?”/“Here’s how this relates to my experience.”

• Comparisons with other series/anime adaptation(s).

• Out-of-text issues: publisher behavior/how to access and pay for the online official version/mangaka career discussions, etc.

My impression is that the bulk of the posts for this series are “approvals” and “predictions,” meaning the total is a lot of posts for a series without many complex plot points/mysteries or very much actual controversy among the readers.

joined Feb 1, 2021

My impression is that the bulk of the posts for this series are “approvals” and “predictions,” meaning the total is a lot of posts for a series without many complex plot points/mysteries or very much actual controversy among the readers.

Sounds like it's time for my long-awaited 1,500-word essay on how Hino-san is actually a werewolf who ate her parents

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Sounds like it's time for my long-awaited 1,500-word essay on how Hino-san is actually a werewolf who ate her parents

That certainly would explain certain elements of the story, but might well open up a number of new questions.

Like: Hoo'd win--werewolf or little bear?

joined Aug 29, 2019

It is indeed almost eerily peaceful in this thread, considering how much traffic it has.

Then again, it's not a drama-series, so "Morality debates" (though I think there was some of it much earlier) and most "Critical debates"/"Interpretive readings"/"Plot theories" (aside from maybe Hino's family situation) seem to be off the table.
"Shipping wars" is kinda out because there's, like, four characters in total that I can think of, two of which are a "designated couple" and shipping Omichi with either of them or, even better, Kogumom hasn't really occurred to anyone. Those two also haven't met during the series I think. :D
We do have a lot of "Plot predictions", which basically revolve around how Tarou-sensei is gonna pull the rug out from under us this time—fun times—and basically voicing our sorta-masochism in that.
While there have been some mild discussions, no "Tagging wars" have broken out.
There have been "Comparisons with other series", but no discussions really ever evolved around those.
Extratextual stuff (like this) also hasn't been all that plentiful.

It's as you say: "Approval" and "Prediction" mixed with "y u do this to us" and "just get married already" make up the bulk of it, and I think that's beautiful.

PS: I wasn't here before YagaKimi's anime adaptation finished, and I probably wouldn't be if it hadn't happened.

12a1
joined May 12, 2019

What if Koguma had a dream about kissing Hino and then woke up from being kissed by her

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

"Sub Space" Net Essay Retrospective lets go

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

There have been "Comparisons with other series", but no discussions really ever evolved around those.

I did forget the tip about Yuugai Shitei Doukyuusei, which amounted to a handful of "These are alike in some ways and very different in others and both are worth reading" posts, and then it showed up here.

There's really not much to say beyond that, except that I'm glad it happened, because both are worth reading.

__kawasumi_mai_and_kurata_sayuri_kanon_drawn_by_hiro_dismaless__af8fff43e603564f6b7349639e863a67
Fellowship of Freelancers
joined Oct 11, 2010

Pardon me as I grasp at straws to try to figure out what's happening.

• Hino's and Koguma's chins are parallel with each other. I think this rules out a forehead check since you'd need a pretty sharp angle to make that position.
  • It doesn't look like a kiss on the lips on close inspection. From how they're normally drawn, I'd think Koguma's lips would be just above frame, so they'd both have to be really puckering to get any lip action going. (Additionally, it doesn't look like either of their heads are tilted, but that's hard to tell from this image.)

With these pieces in mind, this might be an Eskimo kiss, though my best guess is we're seeing an imminent kiss with enough distance for Hino to stop herself or an environmental factor (e.g., Omichi calling) interrupting. Regardless of exactly how Tarou is trolling us, I think we'll see Hino have to start wrestling with her feelings for Koguma.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Alternative guess: the last panel was from Koguma's dream, since she's sleeping

Alternative alternative guess: all 92 chapters were just Hino's dream and in the finale she will wake up from the nap she took behind school

last edited at Dec 27, 2021 1:42PM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

At this point, they could be in the midst of hot, ardent sex, and Koguma would still be thinking, "But does Hino really like me that way?" The only thing this series likes to do more than trolling Koguma is trolling the readers. I'll believe nothing until it's explicit.

last edited at Dec 27, 2021 1:57PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.