Forum › Yamada to Kase-san discussion

joined Sep 6, 2018

Yawn. Wake me when the story gets interesting… zzzzzzz. This is turning into “Laverne and Shirley” show. More fun to watch minor characters than seeing main characters not going anywhere in character/story progression.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Think Fukami, why would you listen to some secondhand gossip when the woman in question is so overly doting on her “friend”. Believe what you see, not what you hear

But it’s two girls—how is that even possible?

That is true, with two girls all you can say is "Is there someone you like? I'll support you!"

Then when the one you would love if you weren't both girls finally agrees to get a boyfriend, you go looking for Truck-kun to start over. I've done my reading!

Truck-kun can also help you when your family forces you into an arranged marriage, but you'd rather stay with your girlfriend for life.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yawn. Wake me when the story gets interesting… zzzzzzz. This is turning into “Laverne and Shirley” show. More fun to watch minor characters than seeing main characters not going anywhere in character/story progression.

I think it’s best for everybody if you just stay asleep.

joined Mar 4, 2017

Ooooh. Maybe she tells her friends where she went and her friends all decide to go spy on her! :D

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

I'm waiting for the misunderstanding to continue until Plant Prince Man gets asked if he knows his girlfriend is cheating on him, at which point he'll start wondering why everyone keeps shipping him with every lesbian he knows.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

I think it's pretty clear that Takashima-sensei is writing for the tanks now instead of the yuri mags. Not that I blame her even a little bit.

When Kase-san was a regular feature in a yuri mag, she kept the focus almost exclusively on Kase and Yamada. Now that she's got a tankobon page count to worry about, we're getting a lot more side characters and a lot more drawn-out interpersonal drama.

Still the best yuri romance out there tho.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^ While I'm not a fan of how she's been handling the drama between Kase and Yamada since it often feels like it just goes around in circles with their relationship barely having matured over the past several years (both in-story and out), I don't think there's anything wrong with featuring a few more side characters at this point. If well integrated into the story, they can always contribute to the development of the relationship between the main characters rather than just having their own separate things going on and taking focus away from it. Of course, it's a careful balancing act.

Makasete
joined Sep 21, 2016

Huge comfort series, I really like Densuke-sensei and the prince. Kase and Yamada are getting more assertive which is nice to see.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I like Densuke-sensei's face

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I just reread and caught up with this today and there are four things I'd like to say:

First.
Isn't Kase clearly a lesbian? Or, at the very least, she is obviously attracted to women in general. (This is an answer to an equally funny and baffling discussion that had taken place after chapter 19? I think)

Second.
Is it bad that I liked jealous Kase...?
Or, rather, I liked her face when she was jealous XD
I mean, look at this, isn't she pretty hot??
Actually, the author's artstyle has improved a lot over time. College Yamada is prettier and college Kase is hotter.

In all seriousness, though, it's good that we're finally moving on from that jealousy arc, Kase was getting way too possessive...

Third.
Chapter 20 had an... interesting cover. Either Kase has four fingers, or she is making a quite bold, for this manga at least, hand gesture.... Though, I suppose hurling your backpack at someone's face is a bit bolder lol

Fourth.
Of course we ship the roommate with the rival! I've been shipping them since chapter 11 XD
I really like the roommate by the way, she's cute. I feel like she reminds me of a character in another manga, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Third.
Chapter 20 had an... interesting cover. Either Kase has four fingers, or she is making a quite bold, for this manga at least, hand gesture.... Though, I suppose hurling your backpack at someone's face is a bit bolder lol

She's holding the flower with her index and middle fingers, you can see the tip of the former peek out behind the title on the left of it a bit

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Of course we ship the roommate with the rival! I've been shipping them since chapter 11 XD

Seeing how all the things she liked in their room were the roommate's, yeah, I can see why. :D

last edited at Oct 7, 2021 6:22AM

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Third.

She's holding the flower with her index and middle fingers, you can see the tip of the former peek out behind the title on the left of it a bit

Ohhhh I never realised the flower wasn't part of the background!

Thanks for this, it just seemed so weird and out-of-place with the image I had of Kase (and the manga) XD
It may sound a bit funny, but her throwing a bag at another person seemed a lot more normal than her doing that lol

Manga
joined Dec 9, 2021

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but has there been an update on this chapter? I am not great at keeping up with Japanese news on manga so wasn't sure if there was a chapter this month or not.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but has there been an update on this chapter? I am not great at keeping up with Japanese news on manga so wasn't sure if there was a chapter this month or not.

Should be out shortly.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I don't care if nothing happened, this chapter is the kind of Yamada and Kase-san fluff I could read forever.

Capture
joined Oct 20, 2020

This was a cute chapter

Manga
joined Dec 9, 2021

Should be out shortly.

This is like such a classic situation where I decide to check on something literally as it's made ready lmao! I wasn't meaning to sound impatient or anything, just genuinely wasn't sure if I'd misread the release schedule from google translating Wings tweets.

On the chapter note though: super cute, 10/10, more of this please Takashima!

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Start saving Kase-san, that 560,000¥ would definitely be worth it :D

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

ok, time to die from diabetes

Akiko%20megaer%20think%20smaller
joined Aug 7, 2021

Well that was lovely. I think this series has really needed an injection of pure Yamada-Kase fluff recently, so I'm very glad to see it!

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Ah, a nice fluffy chapter. That's exactly what I needed today.

6dc89f5c-43ac-44ad-a0d6-fe9ddf4f2fb2
joined Sep 2, 2021

I think it’s best for everybody if you just stay asleep.

I second that.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

No birthday segs? Lol

I also don't know what bday present to give. Always. Fck. And it's almost 15th :'(

Makasete
joined Sep 21, 2016

Too damn cute

To reply you must either login or sign up.