Forum › Posts by bleudelalune

Akiko%20megaer%20think%20smaller
joined Aug 7, 2021

I’m so glad these aren’t real people, or else I’d be upset.

They're not real people, and I hate that I'm already upset!

I love the pain, though. Can't lie.

bleudelalune
Still Sick discussion 09 Apr 19:51
joined Aug 7, 2021

What an amazing surprise return. Still love this story as much as when I first read it, and this little look at their lives together has both a message I really like and a lot of good Makoto and Maekawa interactions. Love those dorks.

I am happy as anyone to see these two again, but also how the heck did this end almost three years ago already?? I mean sure I bought the actual books in between there so maybe that makes it feel more recent but still, jeeeez...

The passage of time is still strange, true, but I'm struck at how vividly I still remember the rest of the story. It really left an impression on me. I miss it!

bleudelalune
Matazoro. discussion 06 Mar 14:02
joined Aug 7, 2021

Character growth? For this character archetype? At this stage of the story? In a comedy 4koma? Localised entirely within this chapter?

Yes

May I see it?

... no.

bleudelalune
Matazoro. discussion 06 Mar 08:28
joined Aug 7, 2021

Character growth? For this character archetype? At this stage of the story? In a comedy 4koma? Localised entirely within this chapter?

joined Aug 7, 2021

Sensory overload orgasms? Glad to see they've already had their first time together-!

bleudelalune
joined Aug 7, 2021

Still one of my favourites. Always great to see a little more.

joined Aug 7, 2021

That sparkler scene was such a lovely, gentle moment for a confession. Just surprising enough to give both the reader and Ruriko a start, but fitting enough to keep everything warm and fuzzy! I usually find the usage of fireworks in romance manga a little too cliche, but this hit right for me. Love it.

bleudelalune
Reliance discussion 21 Dec 19:49
joined Aug 7, 2021

I really love how much Tachibana is like a jealous puppy, desperate for attention from her owner. Her face lights up instantly from so little as a glance from Shiki.

Tachibana's reactions are amazing. From dejection at the silent treatment to totally awestruck at so much as a single word out of Shiki. And Shiki herself being an unsure, asocial idiot really helps too. Strangely heartwarming chapter, but I'm not going to complain.

bleudelalune
joined Aug 7, 2021

is this actually yuri or just subtext ?

If it's anything like the anime that it's adapting, it's subtext - but you don't need to tighten your shipping goggles too hard to see the yuri.

bleudelalune
joined Aug 7, 2021

lmao, Yoshitomi's next-level with their comedy at times

bleudelalune
Inko-sensei discussion 13 Nov 18:13
joined Aug 7, 2021

Whatever this will be, I'm into it

bleudelalune
joined Aug 7, 2021

Honestly, when I first started reading this way back when, I thought it was a decent enough comedy, and that was all. Just weird and fun enough to keep my interest, but definitely not the best thing I'd ever read.

As a few chapters went by, more and more of Ai's character came through, and I really liked how her otaku-fueled obsessiveness initially hid (or maybe always complimented?) how honest she could be with others. Misumi's difficulty with her desire to be a mangaka being resolved as it was felt great, and it really did serve to make Ai feel like the "perfect" partner for her: someone who just gets her, without much effort required to hit it off, but with the desire to know as much as possible at the girl she loves. Something about the genuine tenderness of Ai's and Misumi's relationship quickly worked with the wackiness of the setup to make something I genuinely looked forward to reading more of, chapter after chapter. I even thought Madoromi was a good addition to their dynamic! Just a little something to remind you of how bizarre the whole situation was. Most of the other characters felt a bit hit-or-miss at times, but that's expected considering how laser-focused it was on the main relationship and their cute, tsuntsun third wheel mascot.

Going to miss this greatly. Thanks for the TL's.

bleudelalune
joined Aug 7, 2021

Matsuri's hair is really pretty in this chapter.

Agreed! Though, I thought I was going insane for a second. "Did she always have braids...?" It's a subtle thing, but I always appreciate when a series goes out of it's way to give it's characters' more diversity in appearance in their day-to-day lives, instead of just for a large event or gathering. Really makes the characters feel a little more alive.

bleudelalune
joined Aug 7, 2021

Good as the manga is, I'm majorly invested in these amazing credit pages. Will we get a Hoshikawa looking over Kaori's grave to end it all? I think that might kill me as well.

bleudelalune
joined Aug 7, 2021

This is quite intense subtext!

And I'm all for it.

bleudelalune
joined Aug 7, 2021

This single chapter is the best thing I've read in ages.

joined Aug 7, 2021

Now that's quality content!

bleudelalune
joined Aug 7, 2021

I admire Ai's resolve. It takes a lot of bravery to commit such dignity-suicide in front of your girl's parents.

Every chapter of this still makes me smile. I just can't quite work out why it is so compelling for me properly yet.

bleudelalune
joined Aug 7, 2021

Beautiful stuff. Maybe I should suggest this new-age "use a dorky-af photo" strat to my brother...

bleudelalune
joined Aug 7, 2021

Enjoying this greatly, even before we got past the subtext. Definitely feeling this will only get better from here.

bleudelalune
joined Aug 7, 2021

... oh.

bleudelalune
joined Aug 7, 2021

Well that was lovely. I think this series has really needed an injection of pure Yamada-Kase fluff recently, so I'm very glad to see it!

bleudelalune
joined Aug 7, 2021

Every chapter of this never fails to put an enormous grin on my face. It's just the right balance of weird, funny, and cute. I have high hopes for Ai meeting Misumi's parents to provide all three.

bleudelalune
joined Aug 7, 2021

Glad to have read this, even if it only brought pain. Thanks for the translations, team.

Thematically, not sure how that plays out? I’m all for more yuri, but I wonder if Anna’s relationship is also meant to be a mini foil to her grandmother’s relationship with Kiyoko?

Yeah, I took it to further the point of wrong place, wrong time for Kiyoko and Mitsu. If they had lived in a different time frame, things could've been different. Maybe it should be taken as a bittersweet revelation that Kiyoko got to see a relationship similar to the one herself and Mitsu always wanted play out in some capacity.

joined Aug 7, 2021

All my yes.