Forum › Throw Away the Suit Together discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I hope their relationship doesn't turn out to be toxic.

I mean, right, me too, but how is this different than saying, “I hope they don’t get hit by a truck,” or “I hope they don’t drown in a tsunami”?

Right now the MCs seem to have a loving and deeply committed relationship, and while theoretically things could happen that would make it all unwind, is there anything at present that indicates that it will?

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

It's like the antiwork movement condensed into manga form, I love it

joined Feb 1, 2021

So at the end of chapter 2 they're either about to get their bike back, or the house they're moving into is haunted.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

When they reach the top of the stairs, the paved walkway to the run-down house looks a lot like the walkway where the bike thief was when she found their personal belongings in the bike bags.

I wonder if they're going to find the bike thief in the house basement?

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

The art is really nice like 99% of the time. Just look at this cute face: ch01#4
But then once in a while it does something like this: ch01#35 bottom right panel (is she mutating into a dog?) or this: ch01#8 (why is her eye so out of place?)
and I'm just left feeling punched in the face with how messed up it looks. The side profile of the face doesn't always look that distorted either it's so inconsistent. It looks great here for example: ch01#25
What's up with that?

(looking back through the second chapter I don't see it happening so maybe it's just to do with the first chapter? I guess we'll find out.)

last edited at Nov 23, 2021 1:22PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@Blastaar lol. You gotta admit though, a story going all angsty with a love triangle or toxic etc is far more common in yuri than death by tsunami.

I hate stories that don't have a happy end, so I too have a niggling worry on a new manga if its not clear from the tone how it might go. I dont mind neutral ends too where its not clear or whatever but i really dont want something depressing!
And this story, given all the angst in ch1, its clearly serious enough in tone to go down a bad end route if it wanted- even though i have not seen any evidence of it either.

last edited at Nov 23, 2021 1:35PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

@Blastaar lol. You gotta admit though, a story going all angsty with a love triangle or toxic etc is far more common in yuri than death by tsunami.

I hate stories that don't have a happy end, so I too have a niggling worry on a new manga if its not clear from the tone how it might go. I dont mind neutral ends too where its not clear or whatever but i really dont want something depressing!
And this story, given all the angst in ch1, its clearly serious enough in tone to go down a bad end route if it wanted- even though i have not seen any evidence of it either.

OK, point taken. It depends on how long this actually runs, but you’re right that any story that begins with a couple being together potentially could split them apart, if only temporarily, and we don’t quite know how dramatic the emotional stakes are actually going to be here yet.

Just looking at the relatively few cards that have been dealt so far, though, my guess (and that’s all that it is) would be that we’re going to be introduced to some quirky townspeople (seaside/island towns always seem to be full of lovable or potentially sinister oddballs), some of whom may end up challenging the MC’s assumptions about themselves and each other as they work to establish their new lives.

(And when you live on an island, you can never rule out tsunamis entirely.)

Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

What fantastic art and a heartwarming story <3 I could read this for OnePiece-many chapters. Keep up the great work!!

joined Jun 30, 2017

Keep in mind, not only is she stuck in the rat race for employment, she's in Japan. Where:
- You're supposed to write every single application letter and CV by hand like in the 1800's, for whatever reason - it's hard to imagine a more pointless and soul-grinding exercise
- You're basically applying for a lifetime of servitude to a company you have no negotiating power against, who can do with you anything they want once you're hired because quitting will just make you unemployable forever
- Even if you do get hired, what awaits you is the worst work culture in the developed world, especially when you're a woman
In her position I would have snapped too.

joined Apr 6, 2019

I wonder if they're going to find the bike thief in the house basement?

Suspense = zero

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Well I’m super happy about their relationship!! Wonder what the author will do with the bike thief and how our MCs will treat her.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

This is so hecking cute??? Established relationship from the get-go, big house to be all domestic in, casual proposal while getting their new love nest ready... Love it

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Keep in mind, not only is she stuck in the rat race for employment, she's in Japan. Where:
- You're supposed to write every single application letter and CV by hand like in the 1800's, for whatever reason - it's hard to imagine a more pointless and soul-grinding exercise
- You're basically applying for a lifetime of servitude to a company you have no negotiating power against, who can do with you anything they want once you're hired because quitting will just make you unemployable forever
- Even if you do get hired, what awaits you is the worst work culture in the developed world, especially when you're a woman

THIS,this right here is the one of many things that need to be told to more people who want to live in Japan.

And the beginning of this wonderful comic should also be shown to those peeps.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Wow, no wonder people don't date or marry much there. When your work life sucks like that, you're left with very little energy to do anything else in life.

Anw, the motorcycle thief is finally here, can't wait to see how they deal with her.

Raven%20dialogue%202%20dynasty
joined Jul 23, 2021

Since reading ch2 and ch3 most of my anxiety has calmed down. To put my fears to words, I was so scared of their savings running out, not having food, and what insurance they'll have if someone gets sick or injured. I'm not familiar with how healthcare is in japan, but where I am it's tied to your job. Given its tone, i doubt such things will be addressed so I'm sure I have nothing to be afraid of.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Okay I'm glad things seem to be looking up for them, they got a house secured, and will be getting their bike back soon as well. Hopefully they can find a way to make some money on this island to not just blow through their savings

joined Oct 21, 2020

I wish I'm happy like them. They're enjoying their lives without any worries.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Since reading ch2 and ch3 most of my anxiety has calmed down. To put my fears to words, I was so scared of their savings running out, not having food, and what insurance they'll have if someone gets sick or injured. I'm not familiar with how healthcare is in japan, but where I am it's tied to your job. Given its tone, i doubt such things will be addressed so I'm sure I have nothing to be afraid of.

Japan has universal healthcare. It's just that like bus and train companies, many hospitals operate as private businesses that are heavily regulated by the government and not allowed to run over citizens rights and price gouge as they want, like in places where bribing government for policy is practically legal and expected.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

This is that good shit

joined Aug 8, 2020

They've been on the island for like half a day. If their savings were that slim I doubt they would have made the trip at all. It's still a possibility in the future but as far as story pacing goes itd be putting the cart before the horse for that sort of thing to come up before they've even got their bike back.

Raven%20dialogue%202%20dynasty
joined Jul 23, 2021

They've been on the island for like half a day. If their savings were that slim I doubt they would have made the trip at all. It's still a possibility in the future but as far as story pacing goes itd be putting the cart before the horse for that sort of thing to come up before they've even got their bike back.

Yea, just seeing the pitch made me already started fearing the worst is all

Dont%20ruin%20your%20life%20stardom
joined Apr 21, 2020

I was talking to my friend about this manga today and apparently it's actually somewhat common in Japan for people to have unused homes in rural areas, with the aging population and urbanization. You inherit the property but can't uproot your life to properly use it.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I was talking to my friend about this manga today and apparently it's actually somewhat common in Japan for people to have unused homes in rural areas, with the aging population and urbanization. You inherit the property but can't uproot your life to properly use it.

I've also heard that property often depreciates in value in Japan.

Crying%20trash
joined Feb 8, 2018

This is the ideal lifestyle.

Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021

I've been lurking for a long time, and I just made an account to say, that fiancees thing was one of the sweetest thing I've ever seen.

To reply you must either login or sign up.