Forum › Hana Ni Arashi discussion

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Cliffhanger bad

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I'm guessing Chidori has decided to tell their friends about them being a couple .

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Oh god, hopefully it's not a "I can't go to the same college as you" thing.
A more wholesome way to spin it would be "I got accepted at a super hard college so you have to try hard" thing
Or

I'm guessing Chidori has decided to tell their friends about them being a couple .

Could just happen hopefully

joined Dec 13, 2018

Clearly, the answer is "I'm pregnant."

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I'm loving these guesses but I just hope it's not going to be the good old "I'm moving for no real reason" that stories love to pull

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

That would completely enhance my enjoyment of this manga.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Clearly, the answer is "I'm pregnant."

Gasp.

(But seriously I hope they FINALLY tell their friends, it's probably the main thing that I to see happen at this point.)

Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

I thought that at first (and I hope it's the case, cause I'm dying to see their reactions), but why would that be related to whatever notification she got on her phone? So I think it must be something else.

joined Mar 8, 2019

Awkward? Maybe her ex is going to the college she wants to go to? Either she asked for a tour/run through or her ex offered and that’s why it’s awkward?

Or! She wants to go visit another college and wants to take Nanoha on an over night trip by themselves?!?!

last edited at Nov 6, 2021 8:35PM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

literally yelling at my monitor because this chapter ended on a cliff-hanger

Screen%20shot%202020-05-04%20at%2010.17.35%20pm
joined Jul 1, 2015

Im guessing one of the friends texted "what was that comment"

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Anybody else find it suspicious how their friends did not react at all to Chidori's obvious blunder? Like, you'd think they'd tease her about this obviously romantic sounding line she dropped without thinking and yet they completely ignored it? Either they didn't hear it (which I doubt) or they know smth bc why else would they not react at all?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Anybody else find it suspicious how their friends did not react at all to Chidori's obvious blunder? Like, you'd think they'd tease her about this obviously romantic sounding line she dropped without thinking and yet they completely ignored it? Either they didn't hear it (which I doubt) or they know smth bc why else would they not react at all?

Pending further evidence, I stick with my previous theory that the friends are always so friend-lovey-dovey among themselves and they know that Chidori and Nanoha have a special "best friends" relationship that the "stay with you, Nanoha" comment just sounded to them like more of the same. And keeping a poker face is not exactly the gang's specialty.

But I will also admit that at this point the complete lack of evidence that anyone among the group knows about their relationship is starting to feel a bit like evidence that they've known all along.

All that said, bad cliffhanger. Bad.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Amen.

Also, sorry for jumping back a chapter, but why has no one heard of taking a teaspoon of granulated sugar to stop hiccups? I'd never heard of drinking water or holding your breath until I moved to the U.S., and I gotta say, neither of those are half as effective.

Lumity%20kiss%203%20low%20byte
joined Aug 9, 2019

Pending further evidence, I stick with my previous theory that the friends are always so friend-lovey-dovey among themselves and they know that Chidori and Nanoha have a special "best friends" relationship that the "stay with you, Nanoha" comment just sounded to them like more of the same. And keeping a poker face is not exactly the gang's specialty.

There's also the possibility that it isn't so obvious in the original Japanese.

But I will also admit that at this point the complete lack of evidence that anyone among the group knows about their relationship is starting to feel a bit like evidence that they've known all along.

Yes! I've been on board the "friend group knows everything" train for a long time now.

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

Amen.

Also, sorry for jumping back a chapter, but why has no one heard of taking a teaspoon of granulated sugar to stop hiccups? I'd never heard of drinking water or holding your breath until I moved to the U.S., and I gotta say, neither of those are half as effective.

We do have those solutions here in Italy as well.
Holding your breath one also includes to keep your head higher as possible while you have to drink water in 10 gulps or more.
They worked for most cases but scaring is always the most effective.

Sheenah_the_Dino
Hetero%20vibes
joined Sep 25, 2021

That actually makes a lot of sense! It's probably Kumako then. Though sadly I still think it'll most likely be college related. We can hope though! (T^T)

Img_20200401_132631
joined Jun 17, 2018

They should tell their friends, hope this get them there

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Or her parents.

Agreed.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

That actually makes a lot of sense! It's probably Kumako then. Though sadly I still think it'll most likely be college related. We can hope though! (T^T)

I have been wondering if these were flags or not: here, here, and here. And whether they were related.
Am curious if we were going to get the 'going to different schools' story arc for a while now, but it's just a guess.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I have been wondering if these were flags or not: here, here, and here. And whether they were related.
Am curious if we were going to get the 'going to different schools' story arc for a while now, but it's just a guess.

Whatever the actual context of the text, it's pretty clear that the "friends find out" and "leaving high school" issues are closely related--the series has been pretty methodical about signaling the passage of time (unlike some "in high school for eternity" manga series), and the reveal to the friends has been the Sword of Damocles development hanging over the series since (checks notes) Chapter 1, page 10. In other words, these are the key developments that have been in the cards all along (well, that and them actually having sex, but I don't expect that's what the text was about).

This situation is ripe for the "studious Chidori goes to university, feckless Nanoha goes to vocational school" resolution, or, in the alternative, Nanoha figures out that the thing she wants to do requires college as well.

I just don't want the "previously unseen relative wants Chidori to live far away for her last year of high school" trope. Do we even know why only-child Chidori lives with her grandma? Are her parents alive and absent, or gone permanently?

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Whatever the actual context of the text, it's pretty clear that the "friends find out" and "leaving high school" issues are closely related--the series has been pretty methodical about signaling the passage of time (unlike some "in high school for eternity" manga series), and the reveal to the friends has been the Sword of Damocles development hanging over the series since (checks notes) Chapter 1, page 10. In other words, these are the key developments that have been in the cards all along (well, that and them actually having sex, but I don't expect that's what the text was about).

This situation is ripe for the "studious Chidori goes to university, feckless Nanoha goes to vocational school" resolution, or, in the alternative, Nanoha figures out that the thing she wants to do requires college as well.

I just don't want the "previously unseen relative wants Chidori to live far away for her last year of high school" trope. Do we even know why only-child Chidori lives with her grandma? Are her parents alive and absent, or gone permanently?

God, the old '' I have to go away for a while, will our love survive that ? '' trope would feel so wrong to me in this story (^^) . I really hope the author doesn't go that route.

last edited at Nov 7, 2021 11:31AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

God, the old '' I have to go away for a while, will our love survive that ? '' trope would feel so wrong to me in this story (^^) . I really hope the author doesn't go that route.

Don't get me wrong--I don't expect this author to get trite at this late date. But trying to imagine what Chidori's text is about did make me realize that we don't know anything about what happened to her parents.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

That would be another item to make me think this is so much like 'Girl Friends', and I don't mean that in a bad way.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

You know, I always thought that Chidori's parents were around, just busy. So she naturally spends more time with her grandmother. I think there was a time when she got a ride somewhere and said it was one of her parents dropping her off while taking her grandmother to an appointment? But I don't remember her ever mentioning her mother or father specifically, or either of them even showing up. Now I'm going to have to go reread the whole damn thing again to check...

Edit: Okay, found something. Her mother and father both make brief appearances on this page. That exchange "Dear, do you want some watermelon?" "Sure" is between the grandmother and father, or possibly between the mother and father (I had to check the raws to make sure, since as you can see, I wasn't able to convey that very well in the translation).

last edited at Nov 7, 2021 3:26PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.