Forum › Posts by WhereTheYuriAt

WhereTheYuriAt
Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

Yes, chapter 32 came out a few days ago and it's the final one.

Kind of ended out of nowhere IMO, but it was also going nowhere for a while now... The previous chapter (31) had the most excitement in ages (them telling their friends, though it felt a little rushed in that the whole scene only lasted a few pages).

But I really didn't like how Wakana and Yuina's relationship happened almost entirely off-screen even until the end, as that could've been a good source of exciting storytelling and the constant focus on "the future after school" in the last part was a bit of a boring plotline (as it kind of always is, cause there's nothing really to innovate on that).

At least it had a happy ending and it was very good manga until it started dragging near the end (and, again, it did the side couple dirty), so, overall, I'm satisfied!

8/10 for me.

Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

Best series is back and with a great impression of a whale. Too bad we didn't get too many moments of Segawa and Umi together, but what we did get was very cute.

Also, protagonists aside, the overreacting girl with the ponytail is the best. She always cracks me up.

WhereTheYuriAt
Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

Soooooo, I just read the final chapter (20, unless there's some kind of epilogue later, but it says 'fin') on the latest Yurihime and... Yeah... I'm just gonna say the ending felt very rushed and I'll leave it at that. Good story up until that point, I suppose...

So if you're sad you're gonna have to wait for the rest on an official site, don't worry about it too much. You're not missing much IMO. Bummer, cause this was one of my favorites until now...

last edited at May 18, 2022 1:27AM

WhereTheYuriAt
Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

Ahhhhhh such a cute chapter!!! Sora x Ayaka moments are very cute, ofc, but I also love the growing relationship between Ayaka and Kotone. So wholesome.

Also, I need the next chapter to be about the Wakana x Yuina sleepover.

I am pleased to see from all the comments that I am not alone in wanting more Wakana and Yuina action. Not that I don't enjoy our main couple, because they're super cute, but there is just something seriously charming about Wakana looking so obviously flustered while Yuina is just the cat that ate the canary (or will be later), lol.

Same thing. I've been shipping them since chapter 10 lmao (when they formed the "secret sora/ayaka fan squad").

last edited at Dec 25, 2021 3:06PM

WhereTheYuriAt
Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

Just gonna go against the grain here and say that:
a) I hate this side "couple" and
b) the nurse saying "hurry up and graduate" made me wanna puke. It's almost no different from when people used to have countdowns for when some famous underage girl was gonna turn 18 in the 90s (eg Emma Watson). Yuck.

Shit like this creeps me out and then the comments calling it 'cute' creep me out even more. Y'all give way too much of a pass to things just cause it's two female characters instead of a grown man and an underage girl (which brings up another problem: fetishization of lesbian relationships, treating them all as inherently 'pure' and so on).

I'm glad this is being kept mostly to extra chapters instead of the main story or I would instantly drop this.

Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

Coworker-chan is great, I hope we see more of her.

And I thought the chapter was relatively sunny, all things considered! It was basically the two of them constantly thinking about each other and realizing how much they like each other! Hell, girl almost just went and erased the damn rule on her own!

last edited at Dec 9, 2021 9:38PM

WhereTheYuriAt
Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

Kon-san is a treasure, but Inui-san is also great for recognizing that Kon-san calls her all the time out of love/caring, cause a lot of people would take that the wrong way, as being patronizing/untrusting. ie "you think I'm so useless that I can't wake up without you having to call me??" something like that.

Basically, they (of course) keep showing themselves to be a great couple.

last edited at Dec 2, 2021 6:45PM

WhereTheYuriAt
Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

T/N: sorry for the "ya" everywhere, but both Matsuba-chan and Miyako are speaking a heavy Kansai dialect and that's the way I found to somewhat render it. Without it, you'd lose some of the flavor of the manga.

The "ya" is no problem at all (though "ya're" is pushing it a bit lol, better to use something that sounds more natural like "yer" IMO), but "'tis" means "it is" not "this", so those parts read like nonsense.

For example "'tis will be my test!" reads like "it is will be my test!" which is confusing as hell.

last edited at Dec 2, 2021 6:27PM

Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

I'm 100% confused by the chapter numbering, afraid to post spoilers and totally not understanding how both versions can be handled as one thing instead of separately (including within the Tankobon, not just here), so all I'll say is: it's a pretty good series so far! Funny, cute and relatively unique.

Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

This is the rare "good drama". It's the "this really needed to happen at some point and I'm glad it's happening sooner rather than later" kind.

Also, if I had a decent space to hang clothes up to dry I'd do it instead of using the dryer. Idk why, but I like the idea of it. But a dishwasher is a must, can't live without it.

WhereTheYuriAt
Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

I'm guessing Chidori has decided to tell their friends about them being a couple .

I thought that at first (and I hope it's the case, cause I'm dying to see their reactions), but why would that be related to whatever notification she got on her phone? So I think it must be something else.

WhereTheYuriAt
Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

I really like this manga and I liked it from chapter 1... But naming it one of the best yuri mangas of all time when it barely even started (it's ch8, but the story moves at a slow-ish pace) is a little silly lol. I'm very glad it's popular though!

With that said, I figured Shion wasn't anywhere near as much of a b**** as some people were making her out to be in the early chapters (at least on Mangadex comments, back when it had comments...). Her reasons were as good as can be, even if she should've went about it in a better way (as she admits herself).

And it's good that this chapter confirmed this manga has actual romance/yuri in it, as for a while now I thought it might just be a subtext thing. Maybe ending with a "I want you to be my dance partner forever!", that kind of thing.

Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

Credits page says it all... That's why I rarely read one shots :(

(it was kinda cute though, but I agree with the other person who said she came off a bit strong with the accusations at the end)

last edited at Oct 22, 2021 8:34PM

WhereTheYuriAt
Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

I thought that this was an actual confession and nearly had a heart attack, what a bait lol

What? Did you skip the next few pages? The girl in love with the nurse (yuck, hope nothing ever happens there, I already hate that it's a thing) even asked Nagisa if she had confessed and she answered "probably...?" as in "I meant to, but I don't know if she understood it".

And, of course, Mashiro didn't understand. But thankfully the mangaka let us know that she's also in love with Nagisa and didn't just run away cause she didn't like her back.

Although I don't expect it to happen immediately in the next chapter, it seems we're close to them actually becoming a couple, so I hope the manga doesn't just end after that.

WhereTheYuriAt
Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

You know, sometimes people just have regular health issues. Not everything is a death flag, jezus. Especially when this just keeps getting fluffier (and better, mc was kinda unlikeable at the start) with every new chapter.

Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata is a whole different thing. That one has been consistently dramatic all throughout the series (in fact, overly dramatic IMO, even if it's still enjoyable) and that character's health issues are much more of a central thing and clearly more serious.

But in this one? It's just a gimmick to make mc "have to" care for her and produce cute situations. The story is not dramatic whatsoever, it doesn't even deserve the "drama" tag.

This is so cute and very wholesome, why does it get no comments? I really like it!

Probably cause it wasn't up-to-date on this site. I've been following on Mangadex for a long time and imagine other people have been as well. But, yeah, it's quickly turning into one of my favorites.

last edited at Oct 11, 2021 10:45PM

WhereTheYuriAt
Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

Am I forgetting something or did we see this girl before? Or is she just being introduced now....?

Pretty sure she's new and I guess she's gonna turn out to be the person Kanon went to karaoke with before (her ex?).

Also, the pandemic must be hell for the hearing impaired who rely on lip reading a lot, huh?

WhereTheYuriAt
Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

This is the perfect example of a series that didn’t need there to be an explicit confirmation of romantic feelings and still works perfectly.

I think that not all couples need to be super lovey-dovey (though I enjoy that) and it would actually feel out of character to see them kiss outta nowhere, so I'm not mad at the ending (and tbh I already knew how it ended cause I read the raws a while ago).

The fact they're living together and seeing the toothbrushes touching is enough confirmation that they're indeed a couple though, but ofc I would've liked it to be A LITTLE BIT more explicit (say, just a confession or holding hands, I didn't even need a kiss).

Regardless, it was still a very cute story with good characters.

Thoroughly enjoyed it and was left just a tiny bit frustrated by the ending/10

last edited at Sep 30, 2021 2:18PM

WhereTheYuriAt
Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

I think that regardless of what happens the yuri tag should stay. It's not just subtext, there was even an actual, proper, undisputable, yuri confession and the MCs' relationship got complicated exactly because of it (cause they're in a similar situation, clearly, though in their case the love is reciprocated, even if they may not be aware of it and are afraid to admit to each other).

It's pretty clear You has romantic feelings towards Hana and vice versa. Even if they don't end up together, it doesn't make it any less yuri, just... Frustrating. I mean, who holds their friend's face, brings them close and says "when you look at me like that I just can't leave you alone"?? They're gay, there's no other explanation for it and the mangaka ain't trying to hide it either.

Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

I love this mangaka. Shinozaki-San was one of the first yuri manga I ever read and it was great so I have high hopes for this one!!

"Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni!" was excellent and people don't talk about it enough (probably because the yuri factor wasn't toooooo present, even though it's yuri without a doubt).

This first chapter was kinda lowkey (just explaining the premise, basically), but I expect this to be pretty funny considering it's from the Shinozaki mangaka and apparently there's 10 chapters out already! And, yeah, looking at Hikawa-sensei's twitter it seems like they are pretty addicted to hololive lol (self insert manga???).

Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

Damn, what a good start for the week! Another chapter of one of my favorites!

I can't even be mad about the girl and her little sister taking away the potential "being alone together watching fireworks" moment, cause everything is just handled so well in this story! It still felt like they were kind of in their own separate world together in that moment. Hopefully we do get another festival in the future though, cause I still want the fireworks kiss scene that was sorta denied here (it's super cliché, but I'm a sucker for it).

And I can't believe even the little brother (a character archetype that tends to be a little annoying in yuri) turned out to be cute here haha. I like that Umi realized he got an instant crush on Shou as well - once again, our MC is incredibly perceptive!

I think so, I honestly love the way this manga handles the sexuality of it's protagonists, it's very frank about the sexual nature of their attraction, without it feeling lewd, which is still surprisingly rare in yuri, although not as rare as it used to be.

Absolutely, this is one of the best parts of this manga. I want them to be attracted to each other cause, you know, it's a romantic story, but I definitely don't need/want to see two teenagers getting it on hard. It's rare that we get a yuri story that balances things out this well. It's not asexual (nor borderline, as it's clear there's attraction in that sense), but it's not creepy either.

Finally, as always, thanks for the translation!!

WhereTheYuriAt
Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

Haha, after reading this one yesterday I had a feeling it was gonna be picked up by Knight Heron.

People are comparing it to Your True Color or Bloom Into You, but I don't think that fits as those are more serious stories, it's a lot closer to something like Well Done, Pervert (with the comedic tone and the secret weirdo + person who knows their secret dynamic + the senpai/kouhai relationship).

Regardless, it should be a good one!

This is good. Will this be a long running series for Yurihime?

No one can say, but since it seems very focused on its gimmick, I think it'll be a short-ish one that ends as soon as the gimmick is sorted out. My guess would be ~10 chapters (though there's only this one chapter out, so it's really too early to tell).

WhereTheYuriAt
Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

Awwww cute.

Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

Koumoto is a top tier protagonist. I like how, even though she's too shy to act on her "weird thoughts", she doesn't hesitate for a second when it comes to telling Segawa things like "I'm not going to let you be alone any longer". You go, girl, support your girl.

As for the "dad lies" thing, I think it's just related to the mermaid thing. And I figure that's just her dad trying to protect Segawa from something related to her mom and her childhood, nothing too bad.

Finally, as always, thanks for the translation! And I think a lot of people here must be watching Aquatope, cause even though you could smell the "subtext" from a mile away, there was a slight hope it could be yuri since the art is by the "Anemone is in Heat" mangaka (that hope has already died, ofc, but it's still a cute anime).

last edited at Sep 9, 2021 11:39AM

WhereTheYuriAt
Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

Bitchboi: "Tell Haruma I said I'm sorry (...)"
Toribami: (blunt) "I won't"

Queen.

I feel like the artist said “ok what if you had a physically masculine MC with a traditionally ‘feminine’ personality and a physically feminine partner with an assertive/traditionally ‘masculine’ personality to help MC accept their true self” and then bam out came this story. Although the art is amazing, MC and Toribama-san feel like exaggerated versions of themselves (MC so overly girly, Toribama-san so overly assertive/guyish) that it makes MC seem super closed-minded and Toribama-san kinda bitchy.

In what world is Haruma "physically masculine"?? Just because she's tall?? She looks as girly as they come (and not just now with the dress)! And I also completely disagree with saying Toribami is "acting masculine", just because she's assertive (sometimes, she's not even always like that).

If you wanna criticize their characterizations for not being super original cause Toribami is the stereotypical "small-but-feisty girl" and Haruma is the stereotypical "shy tall girl", sure, I can see that (not that I mind, they're not overly done tropes IMO and especially not overly done well). But masculine? That's crazy.

last edited at Sep 2, 2021 12:25PM

WhereTheYuriAt
Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

Girl just came out and said it, huh? lol. I already like Taniguchi.

All I want now is for the confession to happen, go well and then... For the story to actually continue! Come on! This is so good (and I love the art style, simple as it is)!