Forum › Maitsuki, Niwatsuki, Ooyatsuki discussion

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

Is grandma a former boss of a bike gang or something lol

Cute "Mwhehe". Someone is quite into this concubinage already.

Also, fluff

last edited at Oct 28, 2021 3:34PM

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

That went better than expected with the mangaka, which of course means the conflict comes from somewhere else.

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Hopefully the seeds of romantic development have been planted in Miss Landlord's head, now all they have to do is grow...and mature...and blossom into something lewd...

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

I love how this chapter starts with a dogeza and ends with a dogeza

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Uh oh, mom found the runaway idol daughter… is she gonna be dragged back into the showbiz?

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

Uh oh, mom found the runaway idol daughter… is she gonna be dragged back into the showbiz?

Something like that, and then she's going to be "shown the error of her ways" and that "her daughter has her own life."

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Is it just me or is the translation this chapter a little hard to follow? Like she asks is this why you been treating me so well cuz I have a pretty face? And then she answers that probably would have been better. Meaning if it was just about her pretty face that would be a better reason if that was the reason she was treating her so well? Well then what is the reason she's treating her so well?

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

This house is just full of dogeza

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

As glad1983 already said, this is the grandma, not mother. The car matches with the one drawn last chapter on page 13.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Is it just me or is the translation this chapter a little hard to follow? Like she asks is this why you been treating me so well cuz I have a pretty face? And then she answers that probably would have been better. Meaning if it was just about her pretty face that would be a better reason if that was the reason she was treating her so well? Well then what is the reason she's treating her so well?

Yeah thats what I got from it. The reason why she treats her so well is simply because MC is a pushover and easily taken advantage of. The mangaka points out that her "bighearted stats is maxed out" and that she takes on other people's work before being asked. So MC prob just wishes she wasn't so giving and nice since it's gotten her into a lot of trouble (like this landlord situation).

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Yeah, she's not even a sucker for good looks
She's just a plain sucker period

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

This turn of events is all I could have hoped and dreamed it would be. Delightful!

I hope Miyako's mom grandma doesn't turn out to be a total bitch or anything.

last edited at Oct 29, 2021 1:08AM

joined Mar 26, 2021

Is she her grandma or manager of her ex idol group. Anyway there is too much people in their house, just leave them alone. And the rest will come with time

last edited at Oct 29, 2021 1:58AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think she's her mother.

She had a very good relationship with her grandma, so I doubt she would kowtow to her.

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Hello, translator here.

I made a couple changes, notably on page 17 and 19, so the implied meanings would be clearer, I hope.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

I love how this chapter starts with a dogeza and ends with a dogeza

That was actually amusing

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Oh shit it's (grand)ma!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Hello, translator here.

I made a couple changes, notably on page 17 and 19, so the implied meanings would be clearer, I hope.

Aw, I liked "concubinage." But then, I'm the kind of person who likes looking up words, and while I knew what the term meant generally, I wasn't completely sure how it might fit this situation. So that was fun. But by definition people like me are not the target audience for translations, and your revision is fully justified.

"Concubinage" seems to be a holdover from the days when it was literally illegal for two persons to live together and have sex without (as they used to say) "the authority of law or of legal marriage." (I believe it's still on the books as a crime in some places, even though it was rarely enforced even back in the day.)

So the original term actually has the snarky connotation of transgression that Hatomori was going for, but I doubt if one English speaker in ten would get that.

last edited at Oct 29, 2021 11:02AM

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

So the original term actually has the snarky connotation of transgression that Hatomori was going for, but I doubt if one English speaker in ten would get that.

Yeah. Most English natives I talked to didn't even know that word and were associating it with concubines and harem.

So I guessed it would be better to change it.

In French, it's actually a very commonly known legal term for "two people living together without being married" and it entails some things about taxes. There's no "harem" connotation, just a couple sharing a roof.

I thought it fitted the situation. But I didn't expect it was a term in disuse in English. I got caught back by my native language.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I thought it fitted the situation. But I didn't expect it was a term in disuse in English. I got caught back by my native language.

Thanks for your work on this one—I’m quite enjoying it.

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

I'm curious as to what japanese word gets translated as totes all the times, it's not すげー right?

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

I'm curious as to what japanese word gets translated as totes all the times, it's not すげー right?

It's めっちゃ (metcha).

It means extremely/very/totally and is in use among youths, first from Kansai, then it spread in the rest of Japan.

Totally => totes.

It's a marker of youth slang, like やべー / やばい

For more information read here

last edited at Oct 29, 2021 1:13PM

joined Oct 2, 2021

If that's mum, she must have gotten powerful granny's nsx. Unless it is granny?

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Which is worse to have show up? Disapproving powerful parent who will demand they leave worthless unnatural you forever and come home and go to their room to wait for their omiyai, or Suddenly Introduced Love Triangle Drama Girl?

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

mean mom is going to become a cliche for yuri manga at some point ))

To reply you must either login or sign up.