Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

TheEternalShade
20230425_150259
joined Aug 25, 2021

Just Opinions Btw dont read if you dont want to

All I'm gonna say is that hima is at fault here
My reasons:
1. She didn't respect the privacy of the secret that was given to her
2. She thinks "OH IF I HELP THEM EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY!" She clearly thinks she like this god who can sway human emotion
3."All I wanted was for you guys to be friends"
That's what she wanted(selfish)
4.She is not involved in the root of the problem. The best she could have done is to like give advice not force them to make up!!!!!
I'm sorry if I offended anyone but C'MON MAN she is clearly doing something stupid

A quick rebuttal.
1. Not gonna touch this, these chapters come out far enough between that I don't fully remember every little detail of the chapters that come before, I don't remember if she mentioned anything to Yori.
2. More like she thinks like a young girl who wants to help her friends stop fighting with each other.
3. Wanting to help her friends resolve a major point of stress is not selfish.
4. Not being involved in the root of the problem gives her a good position as a neutral mediator. She's friends with both sides and has both parties' best interests at heart. It's not her fault that one party adamantly refuses to communicate.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It's beyond me how people can defend Hima, i get she wants her friends to get along but that's just intrusive, even shiho is mad. I can't stand people that believe they're above all conflict and can solve everyones problems , like dude just let them figure out their problems by themselves . It's fine to give advice but it's annoying when You start meddling in people's problems

Imagining blaming someone who just trying to help and want her friends to be happy. It's not her fault Shion is so much stubborn and camping on her positions. What advice you want to give when one of the two partys is literally avoiding the dialogue and use a stupid bet as a carrot. You know, sometime if you don't meddle in peoples's problems, they won't do anything to solve said problem.
Honestly it's more beyondme that peoples blame Hima for literally trying to reconcile two friends. Yes it was extremly naive of her part to think it will have worked but honestly she at least has the courage to try..

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Imagining blaming someone who just trying to help and want her friends to be happy. It's not her fault Shion is so much stubborn and camping on her positions. What advice you want to give when one of the two partys is literally avoiding the dialogue and use a stupid bet as a carrot. You know, sometime if you don't meddle in peoples's problems, they won't do anything to solve said problem.
Honestly it's more beyondme that peoples blame Hima for literally trying to reconcile two friends. Yes it was extremly naive of her part to think it will have worked but honestly she at least has the courage to try..

she´s friends with the ss girls and shiho but shes neither part of the band nor was involved in the incident, she s meddling in peoples personal issues (i also may add that neither part asked for her help) as cruel as it might sound she has no say in the matter, wether or not shiho and aki make up that's not up to her

She sitting them on a table to force them to talk is not only intrusive but also patronizing

last edited at Aug 28, 2021 2:30AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

she´s friends with the ss girls and shiho but shes neither part of the band nor was involved in the incident, she s meddling in peoples personal issues (i also may add that neither part asked for her help) as cruel as it might sound she has no say in the matter, wether or not shiho and aki make up that's not up to her

She sitting them on a table to force them to talk is not only intrusive but also patronizing

You really won't make a good friend if you just gonna let two of your friends having a huge beef between them and they don't want to talk about it. You know, sometimes, it's better to meddle between two persons's problems to get it down because they won't do anything otherwise.
But in this case here, Hima has 0 ill intentions or selfishness, she genuinly just want her 2 friends to get along like they have been. Was it naive ? Totally and nothing will change that. Was it worth a try ? Yes.
I think the problem lie on how you perceive the situation. Of course, if you think Hima is intrusive here, you think she overstep but if you think she is just trying to help their friends, she is just candid.

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

Everyone here just beeffing how Hima violate personal space and all. But we all forgot that her action is only come from good will, and for that we shouldn't blaming how the situation turn out on her. It not her fault that her parents raise such a kind-hearted girl, it rare in this day and age. If we want to blame here, blame how society have make people into thinking that we should scold someone for doing what is good and necessary. Hell if Hima never doing this, Shinon would never accepted the challenge. It always better for friends to upfront with each other. I say let them fight, the drama is good, only hardship can heal old wound, through hardship that friendship once were lost can be regained.

last edited at Aug 28, 2021 3:51PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

This really is going a bit too far. She's not "sitting them on a table to force them to talk", she simply tried to create a situation where they would meet and have the chance to talk. It backfired, of course, but in most circumstances it would not have been such a bad idea.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I just binged read this finally, and with 1000+ comments I thought it would be a good sign, and it has been so far… I’m just a little disappointed with the chapter drops. However, it seems some weirdos (and I don’t use this word lightly) have been getting on Hima for trying to help her friends (one of which I don’t think is that deserving of it)?? Very weird. I swear, haters come in all shapes and sizes. Not too much else to add. I’ll probably forget I typed this and will ignore the comments from now on, since there’s so many.

joined Apr 1, 2013

Whats going on with the chapter releases ? Has this been dropped ?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Whats going on with the chapter releases ? Has this been dropped ?

Last month skipped an issue due to vol 5 releasing, and the usual typesetter is apparently unable to access their PC for the next 2 months to typeset the vol5 extras.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Not a fan of this development. It’s actually turned me off a little from this story. All this betting and conditions just to avoid having a conversation.

Honestly, if I was her band mate I would’ve flat told her no, you can’t treat others this way. A friend using a person as a bargaining chip would immediately turn me off from that friend. They were right, Shiho took advantage of Hima’s inability to let go of trying to resolve this conflict for her own gain and that’s not right.

Also, she doesn’t want to have what would amount to at most a two hour conversation, but she wants someone else to be forced to give up how many hours of their time before the competition even ends? No, that’s not cool.

last edited at Oct 20, 2021 11:20PM

joined Apr 6, 2021

I’m not happy with how the story is taking things. Hima just sitting there and accepting all of this is ridiculous, and Shiho is still a terribly unlikeable character. Hima doesn’t even consider what her girlfriend thinks. I get she’s trying to resolve the conflicts, but at this point it just makes me angry with every new chapter. I get Hima is a good person trying to help her friends, but it just is not going to work, and it makes Hima’s airheadedness come off like she is actually an idiot. And why does Hima agree to be the manager for the team that goes against her girlfriend!? Does she not see that Shiho is using her as a bargaining chip!? The last four chapters have completely taken me out of the story, Hima trying to make Shiho and Aki get along, Shiho’s unsympathetic backstory, and Shiho taking advantage of Hima’s idiocy are all terrible developments to the story. I pray the author can bring it back, because in just four chapters, this story has gone off the rails and I even removed it from my favourites list.

And if it actually turns out that Shiho left the band because she was in love with Aki, but was unrequited because Aki was in love with Yori, I will be INCREDIBLY PISSED. That is such a predictable and boring scenario that it completely brings down the story for me. In that scenario, the biggest conflict could literally be resolved if Shiho says “I like you.” That’s just bad storytelling. And if Shiho and Aki somehow get together in the end, then that would just be a slap in the face.

last edited at Oct 21, 2021 1:51AM

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Not a fan of this development. It’s actually turned me off a little from this story. All this betting and conditions just to avoid having a conversation.

Honestly, if I was her band mate I would’ve flat told her no, you can’t treat others this way. A friend using a person as a bargaining chip would immediately turn me off from that friend. They were right, Shiho took advantage of Hima’s inability to let go of trying to resolve this conflict for her own gain and that’s not right.

Also, she doesn’t want to have what would amount to at most a two hour conversation, but she wants someone else to be forced to give up how many hours of their time before the competition even ends? No, that’s not cool.

Doesn’t this turn of events show a bit more of Himari’s flaws of helping others without proper consideration and thought? The story is not solely focusing on Shiho and her unwilling to make up, but how Himari’s attempts at helping turned out to fail because she ends up tunnel visioned without considering all the negative outcomes or how it affects people, including her own self. Yes, Himari’s a good person for trying to help them resolve their bad blood, but good intentions fall flat when you try to force things to happen and just expect things to end up alright.

Shiho may be immature in not wanting to talk, but in the end that’s her own right to. You can’t force someone to have a heartfelt discussion if they’re not ready or unwilling to because even if you do end up in a situation where you successfully force them to talk, it’s more likely to end up badly than well.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Doesn’t this turn of events show a bit more of Himari’s flaws of helping others without proper consideration and thought? The story is not solely focusing on Shiho and her unwilling to make up, but how Himari’s attempts at helping turned out to fail because she ends up tunnel visioned without considering all the negative outcomes or how it affects people, including her own self. Yes, Himari’s a good person for trying to help them resolve their bad blood, but good intentions fall flat when you try to force things to happen and just expect things to end up alright.

Shiho may be immature in not wanting to talk, but in the end that’s her own right to. You can’t force someone to have a heartfelt discussion if they’re not ready or unwilling to because even if you do end up in a situation where you successfully force them to talk, it’s more likely to end up badly than well.

Yes, you are correct on all those points. It does all of those things and I don’t think I ever said otherwise nor do I think the author should’ve written it differently if this is the story they want to tell. In fact the author reinforces your point about Hima not looking at the larger context and having tunnel vision when Hima is shown to realize that she hasn’t discussed any of this with her girlfriend, who is also part of all of this and now has to watch her S.O. directly support her competitors.

I’m think I’m just burnt out on this kind of drama at the moment and that’s what’s throwing me off. That and As I was saying, I wouldn’t let a friend do that to another person, but that kind of thing doesn’t make for good drama in stories.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

This is such a NTR-esque develoment. The heroine being separated from her lover and coerced into spending a lot of time with her lover s rival for the sake of her lover/friend is such a NTR cliche
I swear to god if himawari develops feelings for shiho i'm gonna be both real mad and excited, mad cuz i hate NTR and love Yori but excited cuz god knows that the manga really needs some spice rn and with the current situation i don't ser another way of getting it

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

The last four chapters have completely taken me out of the story, Hima trying to make Shiho and Aki get along, Shiho’s unsympathetic backstory, and Shiho taking advantage of Hima’s idiocy are all terrible developments to the story.

Shiho's unsympathetic backstory was gold though

And if it actually turns out that Shiho left the band because she was in love with Aki, but was unrequited because Aki was in love with Yori, I will be INCREDIBLY PISSED. That is such a predictable and boring scenario that it completely brings down the story for me. In that scenario, the biggest conflict could literally be resolved if Shiho says “I like you.” That’s just bad storytelling. And if Shiho and Aki somehow get together in the end, then that would just be a slap in the face.

I agree completely with this. It's not like I can't imagine this type of manga to actually reveal that that was basically the reason she quit, but perhaps this is exactly where the problem lies: it is too predictable a development for this story, which makes it rather uninteresting. And, yes, I definitely wouldn't want to see them get together, but for some reason I feel like the author won't go that way in the end...? Or maybe I just hope so lol

joined Mar 26, 2021

Im kind of bored with this manga recently, like the plot is going somewhere but at the same time going nowhere. Not to mention I still hate Hima character, i get that she wants to her senpai's talk it out and get along, but why, is that really necessary. Would something like that work in rl, when people talk it out their issues did they become best friends again or something. I just don't like that she meddling in someone else problems because they HAVE TO get along, would it be bad if things were as they are right now, besides if they really wanted to talk they would do that already, shiho is stubborn but there is still Aki. Also if Shiho lose concert she has to tell why she left SS but if she win she do one thing that anything Hima wants, so its easy to say that Hima would want to Shiho tell them reason why she left. So there's only a win win for Hima. Why she didn't refuse that offer and instead become SS manager and help her gf win.
I like Shiho character, I know she has her issue but who doesn't and maybe she did had a reason to left the band. I don't know if she was in love with Aki but she probably knew that Aki was in love with Yori so she might felt jealous (or maybe she really was in love) that Aki would like to more Yori in her band so she step out. And if there is someone that she has to talk I think it shouldn't be Aki but her old friend Kyou that "took" her violin "world" from her, after all Shiho is just devoted to music and there is nothing wrong with it, also she choose guitar because playing guitar and being in a band was something like a Kyou dream. Something tells me that Kyou will show up later but thats just my guessing here.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

This story slowly devolves into nonsense, way too many unclear motivations and open ends

Primeval Revenant
joined Jun 16, 2019

Have a shred of self respect, good gods. Just letting herself being used as a bargaining chip and, after that, letting the goalposts keep shifting especially without consideration for Yori just feels hollow and vapid.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Thinking before acting really doesn't seem to be Hima's strongest suit. :P

It usually works out for the best, though, and I doubt anything could come between her and her girlfriend.

joined Oct 2, 2021

Just here looking at the pretty pictures.

The story jumped the shark about 10 chapters back.

last edited at Oct 21, 2021 7:50AM

43353v3
joined Jun 7, 2020

@ u/scanlations

Thanks for your work again! Any chance of picking up [Gunbured X Sisters] after Helvetica dropped?

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Himari is digging herself deeper into this pit of teenage angst with remarkable efficiency.

joined Apr 6, 2019

This story slowly devolves into nonsense, way too many unclear motivations and open ends

I have been thinking more or less the same thing for some time now...

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I'm still game for the current turn of events unless a rift actually starts forming between Himari and Yori over this. They should both be able to realize Himari messed up even if she was benevolent, and ride out the manager arrangement without misunderstandings. Shiho herself finally started sounding a tiny bit more reasonable and basically gave Himari an out regardless of the outcome.

Munch
joined Mar 23, 2021

Really don't get how people can hate Hima but like Shiho. Sure Hima isn't a perfect person but at least she's well intentioned. Shiho is narcissistic, self-centered and just an all-round arsehole. Sure she had her reasons for leaving the band but she could at least have the common courtesy to tell them why or at least give an excuse.

To reply you must either login or sign up.