Forum › The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This discussion

Tmp
joined Jul 22, 2020

never expected sakuma to be so direct LOL

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

WTF Sakuma. Like what the actual fuck? And you were talking about Wanko just a minute ago.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

WTF Sakuma. Like what the actual fuck? And you were talking about Wanko just a minute ago.

Eh, I mean, how else do you bring it up? They've talked about him before, surely they can be direct enough by now. Certainly not comparable to Wanko outing him to, from his standpoint, an outsider.

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Eh, I mean, how else do you bring it up? They've talked about him before, surely they can be direct enough by now. Certainly not comparable to Wanko outing him to, from his standpoint, an outsider.

Certainly not in the entrance of their apartments within the possible earshot of his neighbours and family. Dont tell me that you didnt feel the abrupt change of the conversation too? From something seemingly enjoyable for him to possibly something shocking. How much Sakuma knows about him anyhow to make such an assumption?

last edited at Oct 14, 2021 11:03AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Certainly not in the entrance of their apartments within the possible earshot of his neighbours and family. Dont tell me that you didnt feel the abrupt change of the conversation too? From something seemingly enjoyable for him to possibly something shocking. How much Sakuma knows about him anyhow to make such an assumption?

You do remember that it was Kita who brought it up in the first place, right?

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

Oh my god that's funny, I really hope this is gonna be handled well after Sakuma just dropped that out of nowhere

joined Jun 7, 2019

Dude this is a manga,a fictional world,whetever if there are people around them or if the dude gets uncomfortable with that question it's decided by the author,you are literally talking about the boy like if he was a real person lol

joined Dec 30, 2020

...what?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

dankkonata posted:

Oh my god that's funny, I really hope this is gonna be handled well after Sakuma just dropped that out of nowhere

Is not out of nowhere, suddenly many of you are acting like the manga was being super subtle with the subject... Or you all think that after the creepy stalking and asking Sakuma how she turned into a woman (and she was clearly pissed after), they wouldn't figure it out? this is exactly what they wanted to talk about in the first place but couldn't because of the misunderstanding that made things too awkward. She is actually making things easier by asking and kind, because she has no reason to help.

last edited at Oct 14, 2021 3:02PM

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Dude this is a manga,a fictional world,whetever if there are people around them or if the dude gets uncomfortable with that question it's decided by the author,you are literally talking about the boy like if he was a real person lol

Oh wow. Really? This was fiction?

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

You do remember that it was Kita who brought it up in the first place, right?

Yeah and he was in shambles after that conversation and he was humiliated again after that. Maybe a more delicate aproach is in order.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah and he was in shambles after that conversation and he was humiliated again after that.

Maybe if Sakuma were a reader of the manga instead of being a character in it she would know that the boy who said, “I want you to teach me” didn’t want to talk about the subject anymore.

Assuming he doesn’t they don't, that is.

EDIT: I take it the jury is still out on Kita's ultimate goal--cross-dressing or trans.

last edited at Oct 15, 2021 8:21AM

joined Oct 11, 2019

I would have given anything for an older lesbian to look me up and down and help me sort things out when I was Kita's age. They both know she's trans, Sakuma being coy about it isn't going to help anything when she can just be openly supportive instead.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Yeah and he was in shambles after that conversation and he was humiliated again after that.

Maybe if Sakuma were a reader of the manga instead of being a character in it she would know that the boy who said, “I want you to teach me” didn’t want to talk about the subject anymore.

Assuming he doesn’t they don't, that is.

EDIT: I take it the jury is still out on Kita's ultimate goal--cross-dressing or trans.

Until Kita says one way or the other, it's all speculation. I'd just go for gender neutral pronouns for the time being. It's the polite thing to do when you aren't sure.

Fact is Sakuma brought it up while they were alone in an elevator. They've got a clear view of the entry way as the doors are closing, if she has any spacial awareness at all, Sakuma should be aware if anyone was around to overhear. She mentioned it because she wants to establish herself as an ally for Kita and to let them know that they can confide in her if they want to, and she was frank about it because they need to cut to the chase before they are in a situation where they would be overheard.

last edited at Oct 16, 2021 8:09PM

joined Sep 13, 2018

I mean, Kita assumed Sakuma was either crossdressing or trans and just asked in front of her girlfriend in front of their apartment and that was after doing something creepy enough to make her think she had a stalker. Like it was a relatively innocent ordeal in the end, but like that could've gotten serious or bad. Compared to that, like... Asking about it with an assumingly pleasant tone with the elevator doors closing? Like entirely different ball park, and I think Kita just did a very naive mistake. Like I don't know, I'm pretty sure if it takes too long I'm sure Sakuma is fine inviting Kita over, they're like a few apartments away from each other.

Sakuma's approach isn't as big of a deal as people are saying imho.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yep. Guess I'm dropping this series after all.

Oh no how will we ever overcome this loss.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Catching up on the last few chapters. Just wanted to remark on how good the Blues Brothers panel was, got a bunch of trans hate instead. Thank you to the staff for standing firm against the hatred. It matters to me because after ten years of fighting it, I just recently broke my shell.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Attention, Attention everyone! The egg is cracked! I repeat: The egg is cracked!

happy squee

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Attention, Attention everyone! The egg is cracked! I repeat: The egg is cracked!

happy squee

Hooray!

Now she can laser focus on all of the previously unrecognized dysphoria

What I would give to have had my egg cracked that young though

last edited at Oct 21, 2021 12:51AM

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Hopefully he can find happiness
Gonna be a long and hard road though
His family looks like they'll be supportive...hopefully....

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Getting scolded by your dumbass sister on top of an evening of dysphoria. This poor baby needs a break. And I like how Sakuma tried to weasel out of there after dropping something silent but deadly. At least she is self aware about her screw-up

joined Sep 13, 2018

Kitaaaa ;w; God this was really fucking good? Honestly I genuinely appreciate just having a trans character that's... Like 'Oh I might not be able to do the things I like as well as I do now and I don't exactly hate my body'. Like it's a really nuanced and personally relatable depiction of dysphoria and being trans. It's so nice that she's just like 'Seeing two happy gay women made me realize my ideal life'

Also don't worry Kita, you can still kick ass in baseball and transition, I promise ;w;

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Dawwwww

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

saltyslug5561 posted:

Getting scolded by your dumbass sister on top of an evening of dysphoria. This poor baby needs a break. And I like how Sakuma tried to weasel out of there after dropping something silent but deadly. At least she is self aware about her screw-up

Kita was jerking off while fantasizing in case you didn't notice.

So, the "dumbass sister" is perfectly justified.

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

saltyslug5561 posted:

Kita was jerking off while fantasizing in case you didn't notice.

So, the "dumbass sister" is perfectly justified.

There is such a thing as bathroom etiquette. You announce before you enter not while. Yeah still a dumbass

last edited at Oct 21, 2021 3:32AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.