Forum › The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This discussion

joined Sep 13, 2018

saltyslug5561 posted:

Getting scolded by your dumbass sister on top of an evening of dysphoria. This poor baby needs a break. And I like how Sakuma tried to weasel out of there after dropping something silent but deadly. At least she is self aware about her screw-up

Kita was jerking off while fantasizing in case you didn't notice.

So, the "dumbass sister" is perfectly justified.

Was she? Like I figured she was just staring at herself, cause like who stands up to jerk off?

Sheenah_the_Dino
Hetero%20vibes
joined Sep 25, 2021

Oh man this was so good. That complicated feeling of "not really hating your body" is so relatable. I remember reading an autobiographic book once about a trans woman, but that book somehow convinced me that I WASN'T trans, because the main character made it sound like you had to hate your dick so much that you wanted to chop it off in order to be trans. At that point I honestly didn't care about that, I just wanted to wear girl's clothes.

I'm so happy to actually see well-written trans characters in manga! Hope this is becoming a trend! (with the light novel of another yuri manga also having great trans representation)

catsfootironclaw
Imagem_2021-10-09_150323
joined Oct 9, 2021

Only scroll through this thread with a big bottle of whiskey and a shot glass by your desk.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Kita certainly is in a tricky situation here. Would have been even tricky to tell whether she was really trans or just liked the clothes if her imaginary self in the bath hadn't clearly had breasts. Being rather invested in baseball makes it even worse, keeping it just as a club activity in college may well have been simply a reaction to the current confusion over what she really wants for her future. On one hand there's a possible baseball career and not really having a problem with the current body, but on the other hand there's the vision of an ideal future and how she'd want to look like.

last edited at Oct 21, 2021 6:42AM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Great, the author can take seriously the transexual theme

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

Relatable trans stuff. I didn't realize I was trans until post-college because of the way being trans is presented, and it took me even longer to get on HRT because I wasn't pushing myself to do what would make me happy

joined Jun 3, 2014

From the amount of trans setup put into Kita's storyline, I still don't know why some people still think she would be a crossdresser at this point

hold up; possible explanation, kid is transbian.

all hail SillieHonka, the prophecy is true

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

From the amount of trans setup put into Kita's storyline, I still don't know why some people still think she would be a crossdresser at this point

I mean, when even the character isn't quite sure until really thinking about it... Probably easier to notice it for those who've gone through something similar, but for the many of us who haven't, it's just as difficult as for Kita, especially when she's not all too bothered by her body. Had this chapter not made sure to show that her perfect imagined form was female, we would only have been left with her stating that she was quite fine with her body now, it just wouldn't look good in female clothes.

last edited at Oct 21, 2021 10:11AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

She open up a possibilty for him, now it's up to him if he want to go all the way.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Our boy is becoming a woman!

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

We've come a long way since Sasameki Koto haven't we?

It really makes me happy to see trans characters written with so much nuance.

Blue_izumi_hair_glasses
joined Aug 1, 2020

We've come a long way since Sasameki Koto haven't we?

It really makes me happy to see trans characters written with so much nuance.

Right? I relate to this storyline very hard.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah that's not even close to what's going on in the actual panel, so I'm not sure what you're thinking about.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Yeah that's not even close to what's going on in the actual panel, so I'm not sure what you're thinking about.

I don't really see anything pointing to that either. What's more likely to me is smth along the lines of wearing her mom's bra or squishing her pecs together to see how it'd be like if/once she has breasts.

OR she's literally just standing there naked staring at herself in the mirror, bc lord knows that's prob. enough for a younger sister to yell at her already xD

joined Jan 13, 2019

LETS FUCKING GOOOOO

joined Jan 14, 2020

Huh, Kita's dad doesn't live with the family -- seems to live far away for a job. https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_two_of_them_are_pretty_much_like_this_ch87#2

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

vindication has never felt more sweet. ty ty. Looking back i was actually, literally the first. I'm gonna buy me some chickens since im so good at finding eggs. That very first encounter where she did see them struck me as a bit "envious" (not in a bad way but like a wistful one) which set me on that trail, and now that we finally see that it was like that, dang.

last edited at Oct 22, 2021 11:02AM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

At this point, sure. That female-bodied inner self is definitely making it explicit. Before this chapter, I would have said it's likely, but the author could have taken it either direction. (Especially since they have before. There was a cross dressing character in their previous series who never presented or identified as trans)

joined Sep 13, 2018

At this point, sure. That female-bodied inner self is definitely making it explicit. Before this chapter, I would have said it's likely, but the author could have taken it either direction. (Especially since they have before. There was a cross dressing character in their previous series who never presented or identified as trans)

Honestly the difference between how that character and Kita were wrote definitely led me on the 'Oh shit I think she's trans'. Like the crossdressing character kinda... Knew what they were doing. And that sorta makes sense? He wanted to wear girl's clothes and that's that. He looked cute in them and there you go. Kita though? She's like... Bumbling. And it really makes sense given her egg just cracked.

joined Sep 1, 2021

oh dude lets switch! my body is too feminine for a trans man, you can have it!
im liking this even more. see what representation feels like, they/we exist in this world as well!

joined May 4, 2013

I could tell from the look she gave to the main couple, it wasn't a mere look of admiration but awe and longing for a different reality than the one she's surrounded by right now. I feel like that all the time when I see lesbian couples being lovey-dovey.

oh dude lets switch! my body is too feminine for a trans man, you can have it!
im liking this even more. see what representation feels like, they/we exist in this world as well!

gimme gime..

last edited at Oct 27, 2021 3:42PM

Jakuri%20av
joined Aug 26, 2020

OMG, Seven Seas announced the license today

https://sevenseasentertainment.com/2021/10/27/seven-seas-licenses-the-two-of-them-are-pretty-much-like-this-yuri-manga-series/

Will be buying the physical version for sure

joined Sep 13, 2018

Oh yeah for sure, I'm gonna be buying the hell out of this series. A lil shame cause this means dynasty scans will stop posting the scans of this, right?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Oh yeah for sure, I'm gonna be buying the hell out of this series. A lil shame cause this means dynasty scans will stop posting the scans of this, right?

This is done by /u/, who have also picked up other licensed series after being dropped by previous scanlators, so I doubt anything will change here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.