Forum › Tadokoro-san (web comic) discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ah, yes, it's the dangerous rival . . . who were you again? I've seen a few of those in my time.

How could you forget!? It's... you know... that one girl! With the face!

It’s Aikawa, dammit! Oh, wait—that’s in Kase-san, isn’t it? . . .

Esha%20icon
joined Mar 31, 2018

New girl straight up looking like their daughter

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Ah, yes, it's the dangerous rival . . . who were you again? I've seen a few of those in my time.

How could you forget!? It's... you know... that one girl! With the face!

It’s Aikawa, dammit! Oh, wait—that’s in Kase-san, isn’t it? . . .

That was exactly what I thought, yeah.

Jakuri%20av
joined Aug 26, 2020

Girl, that was a mistake. Cue the action music

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

Girl, that was a mistake. Cue the action music

"So, you have chosen death. So be it!" UltimateKars' Awaken plays

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

You have made Valkyrie angry. You should not have made Valkyrie angry...

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Heh, Tadokoro is so kind. Even after being grabbed by a girl she doesn't know she's concerned about her well being just cause she knows what's going to happen as a direct result of it.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Rich girl vs Rich girl is my new favorite scenario, trope, plot device, pseudo fetish.

joined Jul 21, 2020

If this turns into Air Master I am out.

Air Master was a great manga until the rape+pregnancy episode at the end... and I don't think anyone understands what possessed the author to do that stupid shit.

The anime is way way better, among other things because no such end.

I hate to ask, but please elaborate.

I take it you don't know the story neither from the manga nor the anime?

Well, the setting in both is that there are underground tournaments where streetfighters compete for glory and prizes. Maki, a tall, moody, tomboyish schoolgirl, is one of them. She's the main character, a streetfighter nicknamed Air Master.

Several people are romantically interested in Maki. Her friend Mina is the most noteworthy, she's a sweet, feminine, beautiful girl with big breasts. In the anime, Mina is Maki's main love interest. The best story arc in the anime is the Black Society arc, where the leader of a street gang kidnaps Mina to make her his slavebitch and Maki has to fight through literally hundreds of minions to get to the bastard; then she defeats him and rescues Mina. The things they say to each other, after the battle is over, make obvious that Maki returns her feelings.

In the manga, Maki never seems to take Mina seriously. Maki's other suitors have bigger roles. One of them, a tough guy named Sakamoto, is a total psycho. Every time he fights Maki, he tries to rape her while they fight! In their last fight, he comes very close, but Maki stops him before he succeeds (or so it seems). Then, in the last arc of the manga, Maki and other streetfighters face an otherworldly monster named Eternal. Lots of supernatural things happen during the fight, including the appearance of a mysterious girl from the future who helps them defeat the monster and then vanishes again (she returns to her timeline). In a shocking final reveal we learn that the girl from the future is the daughter of Maki and Sakamoto! It turns out that, in that last fight, Sakamoto did manage to rape her a little bit—just enough to make her pregnant. In 9 months, Maki will give birth to a girl who, sixteen years later, will time-travel to the past and help her mother beat Eternal.

This development was not well-received by many readers. In fact it's been called one of the worst endings ever.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Well. It's goin' down. PLACE YOUR BETS NOW, FOLKS! WHO'S GONNA WIN?!

Hj
joined May 3, 2020

"I think it would be best if you ran away" had me absolutely cackling.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Well, the setting in both is that there are underground tournaments where streetfighters compete for glory and prizes. Maki, a tall, moody, tomboyish schoolgirl, is one of them. She's the main character, a streetfighter nicknamed Air Master.

Several people are romantically interested in Maki. Her friend Mina is the most noteworthy, she's a sweet, feminine, beautiful girl with big breasts. In the anime, Mina is Maki's main love interest. The best story arc in the anime is the Black Society arc, where the leader of a street gang kidnaps Mina to make her his slavebitch and Maki has to fight through literally hundreds of minions to get to the bastard; then she defeats him and rescues Mina. The things they say to each other, after the battle is over, make obvious that Maki returns her feelings.

In the manga, Maki never seems to take Mina seriously. Maki's other suitors have bigger roles. One of them, a tough guy named Sakamoto, is a total psycho. Every time he fights Maki, he tries to rape her while they fight! In their last fight, he comes very close, but Maki stops him before he succeeds (or so it seems). Then, in the last arc of the manga, Maki and other streetfighters face an otherworldly monster named Eternal. Lots of supernatural things happen during the fight, including the appearance of a mysterious girl from the future who helps them defeat the monster and then vanishes again (she returns to her timeline). In a shocking final reveal we learn that the girl from the future is the daughter of Maki and Sakamoto! It turns out that, in that last fight, Sakamoto did manage to rape her a little bit—just enough to make her pregnant. In 9 months, Maki will give birth to a girl who, sixteen years later, will time-travel to the past and help her mother beat Eternal.

This development was not well-received by many readers. In fact it's been called one of the worst manga endings ever.

This is almost as shitty as the incomparably repulsive conclusion of Shitsurakuen. Almost.

joined May 24, 2014

Air Master was a great manga until the rape+pregnancy episode at the end... and I don't think anyone understands what possessed the author to do that stupid shit.

This development was not well-received by many readers. In fact it's been called one of the worst endings ever.

Whoa, talk about ungodly dumb. I asked because sometimes the plot twist is so dumb that it can be given away without context like for example the Trollhunters movie Hey Let's just go back ALL THE WAY of the beginning just because my best friend died! Heck, Let's make it better, let him have the Trollhunter powers because he will TOTALLY make everything better!

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

That's a fucking understatement cause good god how did they get there?!

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

That's a fucking understatement cause good god how did they get there?!

Misogyny.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

As long as there aren’t any “if I win, you have to do what I tell you (transfer to my school), but if you win I leave you alone” I’m okay with this. I always thought those were way too forced to cause drama. Though if it was an equal bargain it might be cool to have Valkyrie 2 transfer to the public school and be part of the friend group.

Acreepshowavatar
joined Oct 20, 2017

Welp. She's dead.

joined Apr 20, 2021

Lol, waht did I just read. This makes all the weird endings in yuri with the plot of "MC's love interest disappears with no info on why, then 2-3 years later MC and love interest meet again by total coincidence and hook up" look as a great ending.

Was there any consequence of that whole rape thing? Or it was like well ye that happened and that was the ending of the whole thing. This is so dumb it is amazing...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeppers, she has done chose death.

joined Nov 22, 2019

This is almost as shitty as the incomparably repulsive conclusion of Shitsurakuen. Almost.

sigh context?

last edited at Oct 13, 2021 8:10PM

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

sigh context?

Don't. Just don't.

In happier news, that new girl (whose name I can't be bothered to learn) is going to die, right?

joined Mar 19, 2020

sigh context?

Don't. Just don't.

In happier news, that new girl (whose name I can't be bothered to learn) is going to die, right?

God now I’m hella curious

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

God now I’m hella curious

As another survivor of SHITsurakuen. You REALLY don't want to know. It's not graphic or anything. It's just a shitty "out-of-nowhere" development and not worth the energy typing out, and you'd just waste your energy reading about it. Plus not to mention it derails the thread.

To reel the discussion back in, anybody notice that the school names are literally Normal School (Tadokoro's) vs Beautiful School (Rival's)?

To reply you must either login or sign up.