Forum › My Girlfriend's Not Here Today discussion

joined Mar 26, 2021

Idk why people hate Nanase so much, i get that she may not pay attention to her gf as much as she does for her volleyball club but this what she likes to do, she did train so hard to be there where she is right now, if I was Yuni I'd try to understand that this what she likes to do or if she is lonely and needs attention why don't she talk it out with her, it's not that hard right? So far I notice that Nanase is working so hard while Yuni is just lazing around doing nothing, also she could go on her own to see her gf training playing volleyball. Besides Nanase wants to keep their relationship in secret while Yuni admited thay she already betrayed her for posting that photo also stalker girl has proof about those two kissing. And because of that she can now blackmailing her or both of them. That Yuni saying she will do anything is also cliche like seriously now she will be doing everything she ask cuz will all know it won't end on one request. I think that the plot could be much better since it has potential

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Since I read the raw, I want to point out something that is not spoilers but my thoughts about the November issue.
1. How hard is it for Nanase to invite Yuni to sit in the gym in order to be around her during practice? Yuni attends no club and participates no sports.
2. How hard is it for Nanase to tell everyone that Yuni is a fan and friend of hers.
3. How hard is it for Nanase POSSIBLY POKE AROUND to create a volleyball team manager job for Yuni, which makes her legit to hang around all the time.

Yuni wouldn't really be satisfied with any of that though, would she...? She doesn't want to watch Nanase practice, she wants to spend time with her, right? At least that's what I would think.
The question is, why is Nanase in a relationship if she wants to focus on her club and she's not ready to even spend time with Yuni in public?

This series treats its tropes like it’s the horror genre. I mean, “Please don’t tell—I’ll do anything”? Seriously? Has this person never watched TV, gone to the movies, or read a book?

Well, to be fair, she was shocked and scared about being her secrets being discovered, making rational decisions is rather hard for her at that time.

I mean, it does sound cliché, but the "fight, flight or freeze" response is very much real.

Oh please, I seriously haven't heard of anyone saying something like that ever in any circumstance in real life.
Then again, I haven't really talked to people who had creepy stalkers blackmailing them, so there's that....

This series really is kind of frustrating to read, simply because everyone acts freaking stupid?! (or are a creepo lol). And why does Yuni buy any of Fuuko's sh*t?

I was joking about dropping it last time, but now I'm seriously thinking about it.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I am not sure if this is getting better, or worse...

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Idk why people hate Nanase so much, i get that she may not pay attention to her gf as much as she does for her volleyball club but this what she likes to do, she did train so hard to be there where she is right now, if I was Yuni I'd try to understand that this what she likes to do or if she is lonely and needs attention why don't she talk it out with her, it's not that hard right?

It's completely valid for Nanase to focus on her club. The problem is that she and her gf have very different needs and expectations from this relationship (not helped by Yuni not talking, as you pointed out, but even then, how dense can she be not to realize her partner definitely isn't satisfied with the current situation) or, to go further, the fact she would even go out with someone only to avoid being intimate with them while simultaneously being more intimate with her teammates. It's very hard not to believe she's just stringing Yuni along, even if unintentionally.

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

I don't wanna validate cheating by blaming it on Nanase like a lot of people does. It's perfectly fine to focus on your dreams and prioritize it, but don't get yourself a girlfriend if you have this in mind. Of course, any sane girlfriend will support you, but the problem is, "time", you have to perfectly manage your life and your love life. What's happening here is, Nanase don't have much time to look out for her girlfriend getting bite by a wolf and has no way of knowing unless she looks closely. Yuni seems to find the comfort from Fuuka, but I guess I want to know more of Fuuka's pov. To what her real intentions are, and her feelings for Yuni.

joined May 15, 2021

I dont know much about love relationships i consider myself very incapable of having one but if someone does not have time for one... Then why have it in the first place? I mean sure love is illogical and makes you take stupid decisions... But why?

joined Jan 22, 2015

Annnnnd dropped. The entire premise of this manga stems from two individual's inability to communicate, and I ain't gonna sit around for 20+ chapters of negativity when there is other stuff to read.

Btw Fuuka is the best character in this manga, creepo factor aside. She knows what she wants and pursues it. Meanwhile tweedle de and tweedle da are stuck in never never land.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I am not sure if this is getting better, or worse...

I think the former because of the latter—the more preposterous it becomes the less seriously we need to take it.

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

Well shits are about to go down

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Maybe this is a cultural question. The year is now 2021. What do the general population, especially parents, that their still in high school kids have lovers of the same sex from the same class, would react? or the neighbors? or the teachers?
Nanase and Yuni are extremely scared of coming out.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Kinda big lol. Instead of telling my girlfriend, let me just go along with this creepo and let her find out some other way!

She isn't afraid of her gf finding out anything. She's afraid of the whole school finding out that she's dating another girl.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Looks like the story might earn a Blackmail tag soon.

joined Mar 8, 2019

She isn't afraid of her gf finding out anything. She's afraid of the whole school finding out that she's dating another girl.

I think Yuni is afraid of her gf finding out too? Nanase’s backstory basically indicated that she and her former flame were ostracized when rumors popped up in her old school? Hence why Nanase isn’t as touchy with Yuni in public.

Yuni is probably afraid that Nanase will leave her if anyone else finds out or will leave because she’s been putting their stuff on blast on social media.

On a side note, totally agree with people. If you’re too busy and have goals/dreams that you know will take most of your time it’s probably not a good idea to have a girlfriend who doesn’t have the same mindset. But they are teenagers so I get there’s a lot of error by to be made by all parties. They wanna push certain limits and think “love will conquer all”…

Though I wouldn’t be surprised if Nanase is just a really good manipulator? Telling Yuni stuff to placate her and keep her so she’ll have someone to booty call. Don’t know how despicable things are going to get but fun ride so far.

joined Aug 15, 2021

This series really is kind of frustrating to read, simply because everyone acts freaking stupid?! (or are a creepo lol). And why does Yuni buy any of Fuuko's sh*t?

I was joking about dropping it last time, but now I'm seriously thinking about it.

simple answer, yuni is sad with her current relationship and start drifting to another comfort, deep in her mind she needed fuuko for her comfort n safety feeling that's why she give fuuko attention despite any of that.

do real girl doing this ?? yes, that's a name for this kind of person "convenient person". its satisfying both side in body n feeling, sometime is 100x more satisfying than real bf/gf with this so-called "convenient person".

joined Mar 15, 2013

Um… her name is Taki Fuuko not Fuuka.
Now I interesting about thinking balloons have color
And each color mean their emotions

Hope it not end up with 3p

Tumblr_inline_nhvrix3pa41suuiq8
joined Feb 16, 2018

One of the rare times when I don't want a 3P ending.

All the characters are just kind of shitty lol.

joined Sep 11, 2019

I should stop caring about this but I can't
Cause just caring makes me frustrated at their actions

joined Jan 7, 2021

Since I read the raw, I want to point out something that is not spoilers but my thoughts about the November issue.
1. How hard is it for Nanase to invite Yuni to sit in the gym in order to be around her during practice? Yuni attends no club and participates no sports.
2. How hard is it for Nanase to tell everyone that Yuni is a fan and friend of hers.
3. How hard is it for Nanase POSSIBLY POKE AROUND to create a volleyball team manager job for Yuni, which makes her legit to hang around all the time.
4. How hard is it for Yuni to realize that Nanase is NOT getting fearful of coming out of the closet, but rather is a cheater. This chapter shows a part of how inconsiderate and selfish of Nanase and essentially treats Yuni a disposable f***buddy.

5. How hard is it for Nanase to go on a date with Yuni in areas where they know they will not run into classmates? In addition, have Yuni not post anything on her account so as to keep Fuuko in the dark.

Anything that is negative from Nanase applying to Yuni will be picked up by Fuuko and use that for her stalking behavior.

Could you spoil what happens from what you've read in the raws ? I'd like to know what happens because I don't want to stick around if it's going to keep going like this.

SeraphimofYuri
Download
joined Aug 25, 2019

Wait a second, did I misread that or was Yuni talking about how her girlfriend never forgets an anniversary, and it turns out she doesn't know about the anniversary?

Is this an unreliable narrator situation? Was she just distracted?

Oh, I hope Yuni gets a happy ending.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Could you spoil what happens from what you've read in the raws ? I'd like to know what happens because I don't want to stick around if it's going to keep going like this.

This is the latest chapter.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

i'm sorry but i started laughing when i saw this

Irene_&_teresa
joined Jun 12, 2019

The only one I'm cheering for and like in this story is Fuuko. Yuni kinda dumb and a pushover and clearly Nanase isn't ready to be in any kind of romantic relationship. At this point, I'm just here to see how extreme Fuuko will be and the eventual break-up that's sure to happen because the other two are hopeless.

last edited at Oct 7, 2021 1:45PM

Iloveherface
joined Jul 12, 2020

I didn't realize how easy it's to find someone through social media, I'm glad that I'm not like the ones who post everything.
And Fuuko is creepy af I want to see more about her

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

gonna be more than ears being pierced i imagine

Well from the way I see it both Yuni & Nanase are both at fault.

1. Nanase is prioritizing Club activities over her girlfriend however this what she likes to do & train very hard to be there where she is right now, but if you're going to neglect your girlfriend then you shouldn't be in a relationship in the first place.

2. Yuni isn't really being honest with her feelings & not speaking her mind what she really wants in their relationship, instead she's bottling up everything up.

To reply you must either login or sign up.