Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

That was cute. I need more rei in a bun

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

i am waiting for the pay-off to happen

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

I'm glad there are others here appreciating how good Rei looks in that outfit.

Epbkw3exuain6kj
joined May 19, 2021

Rei's hair is great and I love it a lot
but I love the outfit
I'm guessing all of the knights wear that on patrol and I fucking love it

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I see it, my eyes are opened to the Yuu/Misha crumbs hidden here

I like how so obviously charmed Claire is when Rei puts her jacket on her, and she has to pretend like she isn’t. Things are really starting to build up now that we know Rei is secretly selling her recipies and saving up money for… something. Loving the multiple loaded statements and glances she’s giving Lene here too. Loooots of great little background moments with Relaire too, I love seeing this little slime kid have a blast on Claire’s head.

Overall I think this chapter felt a little more disjointed than it did in the novel, and I can’t quite put my finger on it, something about the Lene-sensei bit and the creme brulee both felt a little rushed somehow, but I’m really looking forward to the actual cafe/festival scene that should be next chapter (?) Yuu in a dress is critical, I gotta see it

last edited at Sep 25, 2021 12:01PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

"This is pretty good for a commoner"

Who the hell makes all your food? Commoners!

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

God Claire is so cute

Yeah
joined Apr 14, 2021

I'm way too excited for the next chapter, I can't even wait lol

joined Jul 24, 2018

Relaire with the same expressions on claire's head is so great

Irene_&_teresa
joined Jun 12, 2019

Rei out here making extra money...for Claire?? Is she foreshadowing something?? Either way, Claire was so f##king cute this chapter!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Loved this episode! Too many of the previous ones were heavy focused on the princes and I was like uuagghh xD but here's the perfect harmony with even more teasing and real smooth progress, way to go! Thanks for the update!

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Relaire with the same expressions on claire's head is so great

Relaire is best slime! TOO CUTE, MUST PROTECC!

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I love the panels where the slime is on Claire's head and even in one is eating a sandwich as well. It's adroable.

last edited at Sep 25, 2021 4:52PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Man, this chapter was amazing.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I can no longer unsee this.

And now, neither can you. :P

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Damn theres a lot of flags this chapter

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Rei out here making extra money...for Claire?? Is she foreshadowing something?? Either way, Claire was so f##king cute this chapter!

Not having read the original novel, my impression is that Rei is covertly putting down layer upon layer of safety nets for Claire to survive once the commoners inevitably rise up and start guillotining the nobles left and right.

last edited at Sep 26, 2021 6:58AM

Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

Not having read the original novel, my impression is that Rei is covertly putting down layer upon layer of safety nets for Claire to survive once the commoners inevitably rise up and start guillotining the nobles left and right.

I haven't read the novel (yet, I will after the manga ends) either, but Rei does mention that she used to write post game canon fanfiction about the game set after "Claire's ruin as a villainess" so she must be making sure she can support her when that happens. Presumably she doesn't think she can change the game's plot that much since she also makes Claire promise to keep going no matter what happens when they have their first challenge/bet against each other. It might have something to do with whatever she used to blackmail Claire's father too, maybe her "ruin" comes from her family and not her own actions.

Also I went and re-read some chapters looking for the post game canon bits and man I can't believe I missed the Utena reference the first time. Sorry if someone mentioned this before lol

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

that credits page tho

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Considering the setting is supposed to parallel a romance game about three princes, I'd be kind of surprised if there's a proletariat uprising. More likely things just go really badly for Claire's family specifically because she was originally the villainess and thus had a designated karmic comeuppance in the original game.

Edit: (Sorry, posted this on impulse before I saw muetokaerou's post. Still, I think the point about the three princes being the main love interests of the original game is relevant to the point, so I'm leaving it.)

last edited at Sep 26, 2021 3:36PM

joined Jan 6, 2017

Considering the setting is supposed to parallel a romance game about three princes, I'd be kind of surprised if there's a proletariat uprising.

The game is called "Revolution"

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

The more I read this, the more I like it. I like to see more manga were lesbians flip the script, on het stories.

On a unrelated note has anyone ever thought to translate a manga, and add their own humorous commentary Rifftrax/MST3K style. I don't know how the copywrite laws work but I can't imagine it's too much different than fan fiction rules.

last edited at Sep 26, 2021 8:39PM

Ayaka
joined Feb 10, 2013

The more I read this, the more I like it. I like to see more manga were lesbians flip the script, on het stories.

On a unrelated note has anyone ever thought to translate a manga, and add their own humorous commentary Rifftrax/MST3K style. I don't know how the copywrite laws work but I can't imagine it's too much different than fan fiction rules.

that usually happen with April fools chapters

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Rei looking kinda gender here.

Also all this food this chapter looked so good. Im hungry

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

that usually happen with April fools chapters

The April fools chapters aren't quite what I'm talking about. I thinking along the lines of keeping the original text, and adding commentary boxes with jokes about the material.
If you're not familiar with Rifftrax or Mystery Science Theater 3000 they take old, and usually bad, movies and add a comedy commentary track. MST3K sets up a whole running subplot, about a mad scientist making a test subject, and his two robot pals, watch bad movies to monitor the test subject mind. It's good clean nerd entertainment.

Editted for clarity.

last edited at Sep 27, 2021 2:52AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.