Forum › Posts by muetokaerou

muetokaerou
Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

Rei out here making extra money...for Claire?? Is she foreshadowing something?? Either way, Claire was so f##king cute this chapter!

Not having read the original novel, my impression is that Rei is covertly putting down layer upon layer of safety nets for Claire to survive once the commoners inevitably rise up and start guillotining the nobles left and right.

I haven't read the novel (yet, I will after the manga ends) either, but Rei does mention that she used to write post game canon fanfiction about the game set after "Claire's ruin as a villainess" so she must be making sure she can support her when that happens. Presumably she doesn't think she can change the game's plot that much since she also makes Claire promise to keep going no matter what happens when they have their first challenge/bet against each other. It might have something to do with whatever she used to blackmail Claire's father too, maybe her "ruin" comes from her family and not her own actions.

Also I went and re-read some chapters looking for the post game canon bits and man I can't believe I missed the Utena reference the first time. Sorry if someone mentioned this before lol

Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

"Do you hate that I like you? Do you hate me like mom does? Will you stop talking to me? Will you look at me like you didn't know me?"

I accidentally read the spoilers about the phone call a while ago and I still wasn't ready. I read the chapters yesterday at night and I'm still not ok.

Jesus.

muetokaerou
Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

Woah, I was really expecting the entire thing to be a fantasy from the new girl somehow.

muetokaerou
Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

I feel like my train of thought is just keysmashing rn because of how much I want more of this.

muetokaerou
Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

I want this to turn into a series and go the poly (or at least balanced harem) route so hard. I'm so fucking in love with this.

Edit: I swear I can English good.

last edited at Jul 6, 2018 7:26PM

muetokaerou
Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

Well, I regret reading this. Ugh.

muetokaerou
Our Dia discussion 18 Jun 19:01
Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

I live for this ot3

muetokaerou
My Hero discussion 17 Jun 04:19
Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

Toku, Minamoto Hisanari and yuri?! This is too good to be true.

I'm reminded of Samurai Flamenco, and that makes me happy.

Same here!

muetokaerou
Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

FUCK

I loved it, but- ;_;

muetokaerou
Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

I found the play an odd mixture of satisfying and unsettling.

This and

Best of all, and I mean that non-sarcastically, nothing is resolved yet change still occurs

this pretty much sums up what I feel about this chapter. In other manga, Touko maybe would've had a breakdown mid-play to up her personal drama and have angst about Yuu feeling guilty for forcing her to face her issues in public, or any other dramatic twist (hell, in some other manga she could've decided to ad-lib that she's in love with the nurse and kiss Yuu on stage lol). I didn't expect anything like that to happen, realistically speaking, but I was still bracing myself the entire time for something else to happen, and I'm loving this feeling.

I'm not sure if this was discussed before as I usually only read the discussion and not participate, but putting Yuu as the nurse was brilliant. The thing about nurses is that they're extremely important while a patient is sick/recovering, but their relationship typically won't last after that. No matter how much they got along, when the nurse's duty is done, so is the relationship. Now the following is obvious: Yuu seems to think their relationship will be like that outside of their play too, but now she needs to figure out if she wants it to be like that, but I like how it was shown in her role in the play.

last edited at May 1, 2018 5:59AM

muetokaerou
Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

So swapping is the goddess plan.

Well I guess now we know what manga Yuri will end up drawing.

That said, that kabedon kiss was great. I'm also looking forward to the teacher's partner being introduced. I wonder if there's a chance of them being in a relationship. It would be great to see Natsuko react to that.

Edit: one day I'll learn to format, I swear.

last edited at Apr 29, 2018 3:34PM

muetokaerou
Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

I'm mentally keyboardsmashing at how cute this is. I need more.

muetokaerou
Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

I want to see the Female Knight x Villainess comic

I didn't know such a beautiful thing exists. :paa:

It's a stretch, but there's always Mage and Demon Queen. But I'm in love with it so I'm biased and jumping at the opportunity to link to it lol

That aside, I love media that discusses falling in love with androids/robots, so I enjoyed this a lot. Hopefully we'll see more of them someday.

Edit: formatting fail twice orz

last edited at Jan 2, 2018 9:50PM

muetokaerou
Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

Ruby puking rainbows over Yohane has given me so much life I don't know what to do with myself.

Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

I don't think my mind can handle so many of my favourite OT3s together. I can't stop smiling.

Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

I have a really soft spot for this pairing after some chapters in the game, but I didn't expect to feel like I was punched in the gut (in a good way by the end, even!). I think a lot of it comes from how I was bracing myself for a bad or at least bittersweet end, but even admitting that, this was great.

muetokaerou
Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

God I love this ot3 so much.

muetokaerou
Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

having nazi shit on dynasty scans is extremely upsetting what with their whole history of putting queer people in concentration camps and destroying a huge part of queer history, and the fact that modern nazis continue to harass and abuse queer people online. i see fucking nazis try to drive people like me to suicide. i know of at least one person driven to suicide by their ilk. nazism isn't a funny joke. it's a disgusting ideology that would enact another holocaust if they were in the position to do so, and they're doing their best to get in that position again. the fact that dynasty scans is fine having a bunch of nazi shit on their site is upsetting beyond words.

I'm gonna have to agree with this, tbh.

edit: shittiness aside, and in a small effort to stay on topic, this won't be my fav manga ever or anything, but I might read it if someone else does it or the nazi bs gets removed from here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

last edited at Jul 16, 2017 9:47AM

muetokaerou
Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

YES MORE OF MY PRECIOUS THIRD YEAR OT3

Every single page of this filled me with joy

Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

Aaaah, the ot3 hints are the best~ <3

Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

The entire thing was too sweet for words, but for some reason "how 'bout a kabedon? I'll give you a kabedon" just made me lose it. Chika-chan, please.

muetokaerou
Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

idk, personally, I love this manga more and more each chapter.

Tsukasa matured a little bit, Kotooka got her first real glimpse of what her plan of making Tsukasa fall for someone to forget about her own feelings for her would actually feel like if it succeed, and tbh I've always thought that Washio is a joy to read about. I also love Subaru and Kyousuke said there's another reason why he liked Tsubasa, so even if the "I'm not gonna give up!" thing makes me want to roll my eyes, I'm not ready to write him off as a thorough jerk (and hopefully I won't have to, lol). I hope we'll get some sort of extra relevation about his feelings to give things more depth. He has time to grow up and I'll be happy to see him do just that.

Ultimately I think a lot of people would benefit from holding off and reading several chapters at once. I actually think the pace of the manga is quite good, but ymmv, of course!

As a disclaimer though, I gotta admit tbh a lot of my positive feelings about this manga come from previous spoilers in the thread and the fact that Hachimitsu is doing this, lol.

muetokaerou
Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

Kaoru really needs to learn of the wonders of poly/open relationships (and go about it properly), geez.
But to see that Ichinose is such a ray of light in her beloved senpai's life warms my heart so much.

And lol @ 'nothing but trouble with girls'.

muetokaerou
Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

Perhaps I'm feeling unusually optimistic today, but these two seem like they could get back together in the future. They seem like the type who'd start to talk by mail again after some time and joking conversations about not having luck in 'finding happiness'/dating other people would lead to a let's hang out next time I come home to visit, we're totally over each other anyway scenario that could lead to more. It wouldn't even be the first time a couple who were each other's first love and break up get back together in yuri, remember Honey and Mustard? (Juuust in case someone hasn't seen that).

Putting aside the fact that I'm apparently writing a fanfic about them in my head (lol) and that's just a thought that came suddenly..

Is this how to break-up in a mature way or just an idiot couple? I can't tell.

I thinks this is the best summary of my reaction, to be honest. I'd really like a follow up or omake, though I think this stands well on its own, in a "you can think whatever you want happens after" way. I liked it a lot, as usual when it's Takemiya Jin.

muetokaerou
Magan&Danai discussion 11 Jun 19:49
Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

They are so ridiculously adorable, oh my God I can't handle this. And the dog crying too when Danai left lolol