Forum › I Wanna Spoil Yoroizuka-san! discussion

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Yoroizuka is a classical INTJ (in Myers-Briggs typology): efficient, brutally honest, and bad at interpersonal relations and assessing others' feelings. Her intro scene is a perfect picture of an INTJ at work: she points out her colleague's mistake, loses interest in her immediately, takes over her work and completes it in 1/10th of the time, before her other colleague is done lecturing her -- which she also has zero interest in. The other example is her complete nonchalance to her GF sneaking into her house: she walked in, saw her standing there, immediately figured out what happened, and lost any interest in the situation. From personal experience, I can tell that 90% of her brain power was still engaged with work at that point. Only when her GF proposed the lap pillow did she mentally switch to the here and now because it was a completely new experience for her. Still, a control freak like all INTJs, she completely ignored the possibility of receiving a lap pillow and instead immediately offered her GF one, remaining firmly in control of the situation.

Myers-Briggs is about as scientifically substantiated as tossing a hand-full of bones and divining the future from them. Judging ppl (or characters in this case, but what you wrote sounds way too elaborate to not be applied to actual living ppl too i'd wager) based on these personality quiz categories is a gross negligence at best. Gives me the heeb's

1011820_10203495624854953_6088973233617870240_n
joined Aug 29, 2019

This was funny, I hope we can see more of it.
Thanks for the TL! <3

joined Jul 4, 2018

LEETTTTTTSSSS GOOOOOOO

mitchellmidnight
joined Jan 29, 2021

R u looking in the mirror or wat

It just seemed like a very unnecessary remark to what was otherwise an innocuous post. Lord knows there's enough "calm down son its just a drawing" arguments on this site, why even bring it up??

What was an unnecessary remark was them saying in the 1st place that's weird & they'll skip it. Like who cares? Just move on. Hell they were looking to start an argument & be rude for no reason. If they're gunna say an unnecessary remark expect one back tf? It's the internet.

joined May 24, 2014

Is there, really?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

drhelsing posted:

Is there, really?

Of course, unless they're both super horny!

Also damn, I know it's been always like this but it really pisses me off, the pressure to get fucked in highschool (and seemingly sooner as years go by) "Why aren't you having sex yet?" :/ What are we gonna say to the other girls?

Idk, literally anything else?XP are girls supposed to hang out to talk about dicks all day? and then the parents wonder how we end up being nerds and antisocial!

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Should this have the "Big breasts" tag?

Agreed. Although we haven't seen them yet (and I sort of doubt we will) they're certainly big enough to warrant the tag IMO.

Also, goodness gracious, how can someone as cold as Yoroizuka be as cute as her shy GF?!

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

That means they'll kiss next, right?

Melty-blood-type-lumina-7
joined Apr 12, 2021

Being pressured into having sex ...

joined Sep 11, 2015

Yoroizuka is a classical INTJ (in Myers-Briggs typology): efficient, brutally honest, and bad at interpersonal relations and assessing others' feelings. Her intro scene is a perfect picture of an INTJ at work: she points out her colleague's mistake, loses interest in her immediately, takes over her work and completes it in 1/10th of the time, before her other colleague is done lecturing her -- which she also has zero interest in. The other example is her complete nonchalance to her GF sneaking into her house: she walked in, saw her standing there, immediately figured out what happened, and lost any interest in the situation. From personal experience, I can tell that 90% of her brain power was still engaged with work at that point. Only when her GF proposed the lap pillow did she mentally switch to the here and now because it was a completely new experience for her. Still, a control freak like all INTJs, she completely ignored the possibility of receiving a lap pillow and instead immediately offered her GF one, remaining firmly in control of the situation.

Myers-Briggs is about as scientifically substantiated as tossing a hand-full of bones and divining the future from them. Judging ppl (or characters in this case, but what you wrote sounds way too elaborate to not be applied to actual living ppl too i'd wager) based on these personality quiz categories is a gross negligence at best. Gives me the heeb's

to be fair, fictional characters are infinitely less complex than real people. Jungian archetypes is a fairly common framework for writers to use when developing characters and such.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Uh okay, still a minor. So wait, what was all that about how she wouldn't date a minor and they'd wait?

I'm confused lmao

last edited at Sep 17, 2021 1:18AM

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Stuff like Myers-Briggs I feel like is a nice guide if you're trying to figure something out, but to swear by it as law or unbreakable rule isn't useful. People of the same MBTI, or whatever measure or standard you're using, are not going to be the same exact person.

All that said... I love this manga.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

to be fair, fictional characters are infinitely less complex than real people. Jungian archetypes is a fairly common framework for writers to use when developing characters and such.

That's why I only use it to discuss fictional characters. When @Giftnova "wagered" that I am somehow applying it to "actual living ppl", they were putting words into my mouth to create a pretext for expressing their own negative feelings about the theory. :-)

And I stand by my assessment that Yorozuika is written to be an INTJ.

last edited at Sep 17, 2021 6:18AM

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

"i won't lay a hand on a minor"

she's a good adult

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

drhelsing posted:

Is there, really?

Of course, unless they're both super horny!

Also damn, I know it's been always like this but it really pisses me off, the pressure to get fucked in highschool (and seemingly sooner as years go by) "Why aren't you having sex yet?" :/ What are we gonna say to the other girls?

Idk, literally anything else?XP are girls supposed to hang out to talk about dicks all day? and then the parents wonder how we end up being nerds and antisocial!

yeah,talking about that stuff is kinda embarrassing

joined Apr 20, 2021

Uh okay, still a minor. So wait, what was all that about how she wouldn't date a minor and they'd wait?

I'm confused lmao

What is there to be confused? She says to wait saying she does not want to do smt against a law by having sex with a minor and also she is extremely shy even if she usually doesn't show it. So she is hiding behind being "a good adult" to hide that

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Myers-Briggs is astrology for nerds who think they're too smart for astrology.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

This is one of those times I wished Dynasty had an option to upvote comments.

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

This is one of those times I wished Dynasty had an option to upvote comments.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Confirmation that the girl is still a minor... so she agreed to "date" her but is holding strong to the "not going to commit a crime" concept. At this point, she should just ask her parent's permission and go for it! I mean, their daughter approached her. She has a high-paying job from all appearances. "Sir, I'd like to ask for your daughter's hand. I'll take good care of her financially and will cherish her. I make more per year than most men in this city."

last edited at Sep 17, 2021 10:10AM

Image_2022-10-30_015926894
joined Jun 3, 2021

idk how to feel about works like this that teeter on ethicality … like you’re either in it or not lol. beating around the bush just makes it awkward you’re either considering legality or it just doesn’t exist

joined Jul 23, 2014

My heart

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

I hope they kiss before chapter 80.

joined Sep 12, 2021

Delicious low fat milk

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

"i won't lay a hand on a minor"

she's a good adult

Somebody make her read some Itou Hachi, see if she smartens up.

Kurumi is not loli enough for Hachi to affect her.

To reply you must either login or sign up.