Forum › Posts by Atlantae

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

Ema looks good with both hairstyles. I hope there are more chapters because this is too short.

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

All I can think about now is that Hinoka has known that she likes Tsukushi for years and has just been waiting all this time for her.

Atlantae
Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

Damn it is absolutely crazy how far people will read into things? Biting her whole ear off? Abusing her? When the hell did any of that happen? This is literally a story about a girl who is constantly hurt and used by the people she loves finding someone who actually wants to go the distance with her and will really love her.

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

Besties going shopping - sweet
Those shoes with socks are ugly af

Actually it kinda works with that skirt, I guess. They are both stylish 22 year-olds.

(makes me feel challenged as a 21 yo)

Let's agree to disagree as it's a matter of aesthetics and personal taste. Not that I like the skirt btw. All of these IMO are examples of blind following of modern fashion trends guided by big fashion brands to "decutify" and/or "masculinise" women's clothing. It is quite obvious if you follow Vogue fashion runways in the last, say, 5-10 years. The opposite is obviously happening with male clothing. But I digress. Sorry for the offtopic of sorts and a bit of a rant

Damn I kinda like how they look lol.

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

I love it already

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

This is some good shit lol

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

I clicked on the comments to see discussion about the cute story. I got 3 pages of (wanabe) thesis instead.

Seriously lol, sometimes I don't know why I even bother clicking on the discussion page button.

For science. It's a known phenomenon that any thread on Dynasty can and will at some point evolve into scientific discussion. Even the image comments. ;)

Seriously! A while back, there was a poster who was using feminist theory to augment their extensive argument on gender presentation in this manga, and I was thoroughly impressed. Not what I was expecting at all.

See, stuff like that can be interesting, but on the other hand, seeing people nitpick irrelevant details or just straight up make things up because they interpreted something so bizarrely wrong just seems to drain the joy I feel when reading yuri manga. I was just commenting on another forum where some people were complaining about certain things in She-Ra that they thought were "problematic" because they didn't like it and can't seem to accept nuance or character development and only see things in black and white and I'm just like "UGGHHHHHHHHHHH" because seeing people dissect the little representation we get for supposed wrongs has got me f*cked up.

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

I clicked on the comments to see discussion about the cute story. I got 3 pages of (wanabe) thesis instead.

Seriously lol, sometimes I don't know why I even bother clicking on the discussion page button.

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

I loved it!! is it related in any way to this anthology?

https://dynasty-scans.com/anthologies/im_the_villainess_but_the_heroines_trying_to_capture_me_anthology

The themes are extremely similar, and page 2 especially seems familiar to me.

The title page says that its part of a different villainess anthology

I love that we live in a time where we have multiple villainess anthologies with more coming out every day.

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

ergzay posted:

Nitpick: 300 million yen isn't quite enough to not work for the rest of your life in a city and also pay for a second person for that same time period unless you also invest it. You also can't live extravagantly on that amount of money.

It's actually not that bad depending on where you live and how old you are. 300,000,000 yen is around $3,000,000usd. If I were to budget that for around 30 years (I'm currently 33 so that'd be until the age of 63, and considering my family's history for biological males that's actually overshooting things a bit) that'd be around $100,000 per year. I'd actually probably have trouble spending $100,000 in a single year since I'm fairly frugal for the most part. I'd be able to live rather comfortably on $50-60,000 pretty easily where I live. It wouldn't be anything particularly extravagant but it'd be enough for me to comfortably pay all my bills, buy all my necessities, and then pay for the things I want. And if you just dump that $3,000,000 in a savings account then that'd result in it taking even longer to burn through it all. It really depends on the person and cost of living in that person's area.

Seriously, people always downplay how much money a couple million dollars is. Let's say she just spent $5000 on clothes in this chapter. That's 5000/3000000, which is 0.0016. That means that buying an entire clothing store only cost her 0.2% if her new wealth. If she spent $5000 a day, every day for the rest to her life, she would run out of money in 500 fucking years! Half a millennium, spending $5k a day, an never running out of money on 3 million. Thats why its so absurd for one person to be worth half a trillion $$. Shits absurd and people don't fully grasp it

Seriously lol, even a million USD would set me up for life.

Atlantae
Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018
Hong_krn-1521115988871516160-img1

Right side is SSSS-tier

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

I hope super player not-Plain Jane doesn't hurt her.

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

Nice!
The beginning kind of gives it an angsty feel

Yeah, her expression when she first finds the picture had me worried.

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

Hana yesssssssssss

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

Oh my god this is perfect, can't wait for Chapter 2.

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

Why is Sakurako-san a cat?

I do not know

HOWEVER. I shalln't complain.

same lmao, wont find me complaining

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

The story was about a married couple having seggs.
Also, is it just me or the English (translation) feels a little off?

The English seems very off lol but it was pretty cute nonetheless.

Atlantae
Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

.....How is this one sided? Thank you for the chapter.

A hidden-meaning title, nice eh?

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

I really like this art style

Atlantae
Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

ACTUAL PROGRESS YESSSSSSSSSS

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

I don't think she's dead, just putting her dreams to rest by burying them and moving on with her life.

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

I'm under 4'10 (~147 cm) and am regularly told that I look like a child and this silly one-shot has got me depressed and wishing that literally anyone would take me seriously. Feelsbad :(

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

super sweet one-shot; incredible credits page.

last edited at Oct 30, 2021 9:59PM

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

This is enlightenment

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

This is absolutely golden, can't wait for more!