Forum › The Skirt Sings at the Landing discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I was thinking "what the heck? are all my previous comments on this manga deleted?!" but I guess they must've been in Mangadex =_= but yeah I like this very much!

"She could've tried outside the school with a male lead" LOL this super simple solution didn't even cross my mind for even a second, but there's a reason why she can't, I'm glad that reason favors the yuri!

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I hope this isn't the type of story, where the author uses dancing partners as an ambiguous metaphor for a romantic relationship. I like my yuri more up front than that.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

I hope this isn't the type of story, where the author uses dancing partners as an ambiguous metaphor for a romantic relationship. I like my yuri more up front than that.

Nah I doubt it. I’m sure they’ll end up being the “best” dancing partners but also in love and gay and dating lol.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Oho seems like someone’s unhappy with the decision she made. Tho it might be because she wants to be a better dancer and knew kiki couldn’t get her there. Or cause she knew Kiki wants to be the follower and somehow figured it’d work out if she left her. Or a third vague crush reason but hopefully not.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Yeah hope its not the later- it was my first thought- and triangles annoy me.

joined Mar 20, 2021

Oho seems like someone’s unhappy with the decision she made. Tho it might be because she wants to be a better dancer and knew kiki couldn’t get her there. Or cause she knew Kiki wants to be the follower and somehow figured it’d work out if she left her. Or a third vague crush reason but hopefully not.

Pretty sure she's pissed that her best friend of how many years still won't confide in her.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

This art is so pretty. Even though the images are still, you can really feel the flow of the fabric

20230113_090020
joined Nov 25, 2018

Pretty sure she's pissed that her best friend of how many years still won't confide in her.

Nah she can go f**k herself after the stunt in the first chapter.

I hurt both of us for your sake is probably the dumbest cliché and very unhealthy.

Edit: like someone said earlier she needs a hell of an redemption arc. But not the "I did what's best for you" kind. The "I'm sorry I hurt you" kind.

last edited at May 2, 2021 6:21AM

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

I don't need her excuses, she hurt her. She better say sorry not "I did it for your sake" etc. You could have done something better.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I love this. I wanted to dance, in school, but I was taller than all the boys in my class.

I suggested dancing with the other girls, but everyone gave me weird looks.

I ended up dancing with the teacher. I wanted to die! >_<

joined Apr 6, 2018

i studied in an all-girls school and once you are used to it, gender is such a fluid concept. I learned how to not remember that gender stereotypes exist. i forgot such things exist hah. everyone is best boi or/and best girl!

u literally can try to be anything u want just close your ears and eyes if needed then always prioritize yourself

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So I think I get it: “dance/leader/follower” = sex/top/bottom.

Seriously, though, this is great—lovely art, cute characters, plausible conflict.

Glad to see this back among the active series.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

So I think I get it: “dance/leader/follower” = sex/top/bottom.

Seriously, though, this is great—lovely art, cute characters, plausible conflict.

Glad to see this back among the active series.

Lmao why

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Social dance seems like a fun sport. Yay for unconventional sport manga.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

And all these girls are gay, surprisingly.

384281a5-2c64-4db2-b731-8ffdc6aa4619
joined Mar 28, 2021

Quality content

17fc5f58-a1a6-4fda-9386-99deb9efe203
joined Mar 24, 2020

Tall Girl (2019)

joined Jan 25, 2017

It's going to be very good when they kiss imo

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

This looks like it would be really cute, but every time I try to read it, I get so damned irritated with the characters that I stop enjoying it and quit. Usually I'm either with a story to the end or I put it aside and don't look back, but I'd at least like to see where this one is going. Is anyone else finding it to be a chore? Or will it get better if I can plow past a certain point?

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

This looks like it would be really cute, but every time I try to read it, I get so damned irritated with the characters that I stop enjoying it and quit. Usually I'm either with a story to the end or I put it aside and don't look back, but I'd at least like to see where this one is going. Is anyone else finding it to be a chore? Or will it get better if I can plow past a certain point?

I kinda get it? Not sure if it's for the same reasons as you, but it seems that everything is such a big deal for everyone in this story, and they react so dramatically it mildly bothers me :P (I did read until the latest chapter available though).

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

You must understand, even if it looks like it's not a big deal for us, for them, this is the biggest thing they've experienced in life.. And the only character that could irritate me is the former partner with her selfish decision, had she explained everything, things could've been much better (sad but better) but instead she just decided to be cruel, no explanation at all and if the senpai weren't there to invite Kiki, she could had quit dance or end up with a mediocre performance anyway.

SoOOoOooo I like the story! a lot...it's beautiful for me, not unlike Thor, in the movie Thor The Dark World

last edited at May 3, 2021 4:29PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Toribami: a leader and a top/dom!

even if it looks like it's not a big deal for us, for them, this is the biggest thing they've experienced in life

Yeah.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I think I get it now. This is the old "cool" type girl, secretly want to be the "cute" type girl plot. I've seen a bunch of yuri stories like this. The "prince" of the all girl class secretly wants to be more feminine, but hides it because she believes she will never be able to pull it off. Then comes the girl who figures out the truth and sets out to teach the "prince" that she really is a princess. Bonding, friendship, and if, us "up front" yiuri fans are lucky, romance ensues.

last edited at May 4, 2021 2:26AM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Its a novel feeling reading about kiki's demons, because where i come from we associate height with elegance

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Its a novel feeling reading about kiki's demons, because where i come from we associate height with elegance

That's generally true in the US, but I don't know how many lovely tallish women I've known or heard of (including * blush * my own mother) who felt hideously self-conscious as gawky teenagers, especially at that stage when adolescents are growing at wildly different rates (and at first girls are often outpacing the boys).

To reply you must either login or sign up.