Forum › The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This discussion

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

A bittersweet relationship. On one hand, I really wanna see Kyouko and Rei get together, but if Ataru got left behind all alone drom that I’d feel super bad for her, like, she’s already nursing all the unrequited feelings for Sakuma, having Kyouko move on from her would really leave her alone to stew in her own negativity.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

It wouldn't be an Ikeda Takashi yuri if there wasn't at least a little bit of angst now would it? Interesting to see where this casual relationship goes, if this will change anything in the long run.

Ataru's line saying she can afford to take things slowly because Kyouko's hot, especially coming immediately after Kyuoko's line, makes it pretty clear that she's angling for a more serious relationship, despite her tough girl act. Similarly, Kyouko's clearly dissatisfied with the state of her faux-relationship and one sided feelings.

The current state of affairs in unstable, so I think it's almost guaranteed things will be changing sooner, rather than later. That change could be Rei deciding she has actual feelings for Kyouko and the two of them getting together for real, but that seems unlikely without some sort of major shakeup and because it would be a real anti-climax for Ataru's ark. I think the most likely scenario is Kyouko and Ataru get together and that causes Rei to realize what she what she could have had and how much she regrets the missed opportunity.

That said, I'm really rooting for the dark horse option: Rei realizes her feelings, but and all three of them go the poly route.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

It wouldn't be an Ikeda Takashi yuri if there wasn't at least a little bit of angst now would it? Interesting to see where this casual relationship goes, if this will change anything in the long run.

TBH I think that's just life. Life is full of hardships and difficult emotions, so I think it's realistic to include at least some of it in stories. Plus the author didn't go over the top with the angst here, and it feels grounded to me.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I kinda like the fact that Ataru is looking quite average. Not ugly, not cute. Just normal.

joined Sep 27, 2017

I kinda like the fact that Ataru is looking quite average. Not ugly, not cute. Just normal.

She's not goth but I think her looks are in a similar vein as to why I find goths hot. Also freckles are something I always love seeing on characters. She's not sexualized or cutesy, but she's still got hot points to people like myself.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Round two coming up.

Interesting to see that these two are still "together", would have expected that to be just a one-time mistake. Well, considering their situations, I can see why they'd keep this up, though.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Round two coming up.

Interesting to see that these two are still "together", would have expected that to be just a one-time mistake. Well, considering their situations, I can see why they'd keep this up, though.

I wouldn't even call it a mistake personally. Sometimes companionship is nice to have even if it's not long lasting, or even if it's only a one-night stand. Connecting with another human being is something I think we all need at different times, even if it's not sexual and it's simply a hug.

joined Dec 18, 2018

Something about this makes me uncomfortable, probably the unresolved feelings involved. Interested to see where this plotline goes tho.

joined Feb 21, 2019

I actually really want these two to get together properly, and progress past the casual thing they have going right now.

"little sad yet little satisfying relationship" is so true, but ya, these two deserve happiness past their unrequited feelings they've held for years

last edited at Apr 6, 2021 6:04AM

joined Sep 27, 2017

I actually really want these two to get together properly, and progress past the casual thing they have going right now.

"little sad yet little satisfying relationship" is so true, but ya, these two deserve happiness past their unrequited feelings they've held for years

Yeah I agree that the relationship is at least bittersweet in a way, and that they both deserve happiness. Even if this current relationship they have is only a brief respite while they're sorting out their heads and emotions, I hope they find happiness with each other or with someone else that loves them for who they are. Fingers crossed that the author takes things in a positive direction for both of them.

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Break is over. Let the bonking recommence!

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

For some reason, this chapter feels heavy.

joined May 4, 2013

Every good series on this website is such an "I wish that was me" mood,
which kind of makes me wonder why straight people would read yuri.

joined Mar 5, 2016

personally it's because dynasty scans gathers a large amount of interesting and funny stories. that most of them are gay doesn't really matter either way. if it's emotionally fulfilling it's emotionally fulfilling, you know? quality is more important than sexuality. i have no idea if there's a website for mainly straight romance that cares similarly about some kind of minimum quality level

personally i've also never felt a need to be represented in stories. or perhaps it's more that i don't particularly identify with any story? i mean, what, am i to identify with john mcclane? just because the character is a straight dude? so the main characters being women isn't an obstacle and them sometimes having concerns that i don't is also not an obstacle. most people have lives that i don't

joined Jul 26, 2016

That's a lot of projecting. People consume fiction for a very wide range of reasons.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I just enjoy good stories and I don't project myself into the characters. In fact, I find it more interesting if I can see a completely different perspective from my own, it's stimulating to the mind and part of the appeal of fictional stories. In this case the author himself is a guy as well so it's pretty evident that imagination allows you to not just consume, but even create a story you can't base around yourself or project yourself into.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Kyouko trying on Ataru's glasses seems like a dangerously couple-ish thing to do. Also, cute.

Integra%2010
joined Dec 4, 2019

Kyouko trying on Ataru's glasses seems like a dangerously couple-ish thing to do. Also, cute.

That’s my favorite page! Especially the x x eyes (the opposite of the iconic 3 3 eyes).

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

She's not goth but I think her looks are in a similar vein as to why I find goths hot. Also freckles are something I always love seeing on characters. She's not sexualized or cutesy, but she's still got hot points to people like myself.

Ataru's look is classic 90s dyke (to watch out for) to my eyes – the short, messy hair, the understated, serious glass frames, the casual jeans + shirt combos. I don't think she looks plain at all. Especially next to moe blobbish characters like Wanko, she really stands out. Somebody with her sense of style would have been a classic ladykiller in San Francisco in the 90s / 00s.

Her relationship with Kyouko is also very SF 90s and 00s, but in a different way. Good luck, Ataru! You're gonna need it!

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

f r e c k l e s

Screenshot_277
joined Aug 31, 2017

nice, nice.
really nice.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Ataru's look is classic 90s dyke (to watch out for) to my eyes – the short, messy hair, the understated, serious glass frames, the casual jeans + shirt combos. I don't think she looks plain at all. Especially next to moe blobbish characters like Wanko, she really stands out. Somebody with her sense of style would have been a classic ladykiller in San Francisco in the 90s / 00s.

Her relationship with Kyouko is also very SF 90s and 00s, but in a different way. Good luck, Ataru! You're gonna need it!

Yeah she’s not average at all imo, just older than most of the other characters. I get what you mean about the 90s look, she’s not your typical moe style character but she’s definitely hot in a different kind of way.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I really don't get why this series needed the tiny bunny boss.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I really don't get why this series needed the tiny bunny boss.

My working theory is the author Ruined His Life by browsing TVTropes.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

But I want to see the consoling...

To reply you must either login or sign up.