Forum › The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This discussion

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

So Kyouko and Ataru are definitely fucking, that’s what the comment about the shampoo says to me. Still not sure if they’ll end up together or if it really will be the voice actor couple.

How do you get definitely fucking? Just shows one of them is close enough to notice a smell change, that doesn't take sex, and the other is flustered by being sniffed.

It's the "kinda", I think.

Also the last panel. If they're not fucking now, they will be soon enough.

joined May 20, 2013

In case there is any confusion (spoilers):
Ataru
Rei

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

Rei is gei.
Gei is Rei.

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

So Kyouko and Ataru are definitely fucking, that’s what the comment about the shampoo says to me. Still not sure if they’ll end up together or if it really will be the voice actor couple.

How do you get definitely fucking? Just shows one of them is close enough to notice a smell change, that doesn't take sex, and the other is flustered by being sniffed.

Ataru's or a hotel's shampoo.

Definitely Ataru's: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_two_of_them_are_pretty_much_like_this_ch43#6
Also I'm pretty sure Mirei knows Kyouko is seeing someone. EDIT: Maybe saying she knows is a bit pretentious on my part, let's just say I think she suspects something.

last edited at Mar 18, 2021 11:10AM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

You're confusing Ataru with Mirei.

Mirei is the black-haired chick in your pic. Ataru is the writer Kyouko met (and fucked) a few chapters back.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_two_of_them_are_pretty_much_like_this_ch43#5

The question is, are they still fucking or was it only a one-night stand?

last edited at Mar 18, 2021 11:13AM

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

The question is, are they still fucking or was only a one-night stand?

I feel like it's safe to assume they're still seeing each other. Like I wrote in my previous post the real question is whether Mirei suspects something or not in my opinion.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Are you actually reading the manga? It was a one night stand, that's why it was so awkward when they met at the workplace.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Are you actually reading the manga? It was a one night stand, that's why it was so awkward when they met at the workplace.

That hardly rules out becoming semi-regular fuckbuddies after that chance reconnection you know...

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

We haven't been shown everything that's happened between them.

joined May 24, 2014

When life goes trol-lol-lol at you

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

that's why it was so awkward when they met at the workplace.

At the end of that chapter it looked like they got over the awkwardness though. In fact, I could totally see them starting to see each other regularly after that.

joined Sep 27, 2017

You're confusing Ataru with Mirei.

Mirei is the black-haired chick in your pic. Ataru is the writer Kyouko met (and fucked) a few chapters back.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_two_of_them_are_pretty_much_like_this_ch43#5

The question is, are they still fucking or was it only a one-night stand?

and

Apologies. I was super tired last night and got the names mixed up when quoting. I know Ataru and Mirei are different, freckles for the win. My brain was saying I wouldn't be surprised if Mirei and Kyouko were secretly fucking, or going to fuck at some point. Given that they do seem close, and even a little flirty past the whole "yuri for work" thing.

Honestly I feel like we're due for a threesome with Ataru, Mirei, and Kyouko, but maybe that's just me.

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

This arc feels pretty timely what with all the production shenanigans happening at BONES and Cloverworks (SK8 the Infinity and (my beloved) Wonder Egg Priority both having unplanned recap episodes and a ballooning number of key animators and cleanup artists, The Promised Neverland 2nd season being a chaotic mess).

I like the way Ikeda incorporates these realistic details, especially because they're not the primary focus of the story. This series seemed really simple at the outset, but it has a lot going on, and does a lot in a few pages in each chapter.

Also everyone should check out Wonder Egg Priority. It's not explicitly yuri (but it's more than just subtext, in my opinion at least) and it's not perfect, but unless things completely lose the plot in the last couple episodes, it'll be the best show to deal with such heavy themes since maybe Paranoia Agent. It's also beautiful and has great character design.

joined Sep 27, 2017

This arc feels pretty timely what with all the production shenanigans happening at BONES and Cloverworks (SK8 the Infinity and (my beloved) Wonder Egg Priority both having unplanned recap episodes and a ballooning number of key animators and cleanup artists, The Promised Neverland 2nd season being a chaotic mess).

I like the way Ikeda incorporates these realistic details, especially because they're not the primary focus of the story. This series seemed really simple at the outset, but it has a lot going on, and does a lot in a few pages in each chapter.

Also everyone should check out Wonder Egg Priority. It's not explicitly yuri (but it's more than just subtext, in my opinion at least) and it's not perfect, but unless things completely lose the plot in the last couple episodes, it'll be the best show to deal with such heavy themes since maybe Paranoia Agent. It's also beautiful and has great character design.

Production troubles are constantly a thing in every area of the entertainment industry, we just don't hear about a lot of them because they're often kept under wraps. So I think this arc would be good regardless of when it came out.

Also yeah Wonder Egg is really good. I don't think anything is perfect, so for me that goes without saying and shouldn't keep anyone from watching it. I also hope it sticks the landing, fingers crossed!

last edited at Mar 19, 2021 1:04AM

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

Razorblade Bob lives.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Fishin' mailed. We'll get 'im next time.

joined Sep 27, 2017

...because his farts were really loud? Well alrighty then.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Razorblade Bob still has it

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I don't think I quite get what happened here? Can someone explain for the dummies in the crowd? =w=

joined Sep 27, 2017

I don't think I quite get what happened here? Can someone explain for the dummies in the crowd? =w=

The director knew she was hoping for an offer about a future project, to further her carrier. So he gave her advice to keep focused on her current project, but also still keep an eye out for future projects/work openings.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

The director knew she was hoping for an offer about a future project, to further her carrier. So he gave her advice to keep focused on her current project, but also still keep an eye out for future projects/work openings.

More than that, the director said he noticed a change in Sakuma's writing. There's a difference in the result between writing the best script you can and writing a script to show you can do something more. The first is a work of art; the second is a résumé. The first serves the audience; the second serves the author.

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Bob has been in this manga for exactly one chapter, and I am already in love.

joined Sep 27, 2017

More than that, the director said he noticed a change in Sakuma's writing. There's a difference in the result between writing the best script you can and writing a script to show you can do something more. The first is a work of art; the second is a résumé. The first serves the audience; the second serves the author.

That makes sense, thank you for adding more!

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

That was a beautiful exercise in non-verbal communication. The fact that Bob took her out to dinner, read her reaction to two words, and then gave what I would describe as devastating gentle scolding. It feels very quintessentially Japanese lol

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

I like the subtle hints that Ataru and Kyouko are still hooking up (different shampoo = showering at a differnt house/love hotel, suddenly giving up smoking = Kyouko probably said it smells bad).

To reply you must either login or sign up.