Forum › Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend discussion

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

the ultimate self cuck move

joined Jun 11, 2016

I normally eat over 20 slices of bread at a go though, so I don't understand how they want to share 8 slices between 2 people.

she did say that it was for breakfast. Idk but I don't think anyone eat 20 slices of bread for breakfast.

anw, why is this linked to chapter 12 of "Can't Defy the Lonely Girl?"

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I normally eat over 20 slices of bread at a go though, so I don't understand how they want to share 8 slices between 2 people.

she did say that it was for breakfast. Idk but I don't think anyone eat 20 slices of bread for breakfast.

anw, why is this linked to chapter 12 of "Can't Defy the Lonely Girl?"

Apparently, both of these chapters are in Yuri Hime's 106th volume

last edited at Nov 28, 2020 5:47AM

Integra%2010
joined Dec 4, 2019

I’m a simple woman, I see Bread and I instant fav. Also took me a while before I realised this is the same author of Crescent Moon and Doughnuts.

Pooooog103139
joined Nov 12, 2020

the logic behind the plot is...what you expect, but this is pretty nice and would interesting to follow up

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

I havent eaten bread in weeks. Psh I'm jealous...

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

This manga is the best thing since her other manga.

Ayuwaka
joined May 27, 2018

What a weird start, but I'll follow this... hope no forced drama.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

I guess these are all trials and tribulations that come with living in...

A Room for Two

Dodges tomatoes, retreats

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I guess these are all trials and tribulations that come with living in...

A Room for Two

Dodges tomatoes, retreats

But they have separate rooms?

last edited at Dec 29, 2020 3:05PM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

But they have separate rooms?

In Japan it is quite normal for married couples to sleep (that is, actually sleep) in seperate rooms. It's just another form of politeness; sleeping in the same bed with someone else can be noisy, uncomfortable, hot (as in temperature), disruptive when people are getting in and out of bed on different schedules, and many other issues. Having seperate beds in seperate rooms sidesteps all of that.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

The artist has shown they have a decent understanding of how humans work in Crescent Moon and Donuts why does this feel like it was written by a space alien

last edited at Dec 29, 2020 1:01AM

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

The artist has shown they have a decent understanding of how humans work in Crescent Moon and Donuts why does this feel like it was written by a space alien

What do you mean?

joined Jan 14, 2020

In the US, my parents had separate bedrooms, which they attributed to sleep schedules among other things: left to themselves, my mother would go to bed around 2am, and my father get up at 4am.

This couple isn't even a sexual couple, just life partners of convenience at the moment, so it would be surprising if they didn't have their own rooms.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

If either of us falls in love with someone else, we'll go back to being just friends.

I went from fuzzy feels to ominous "GO GO GO" sounds in a microsecond.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

If either of us falls in love with someone else, we'll go back to being just friends.

Yup, exactly this.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

What do you mean?

I think they mean the part where they just somehow get married but honestly the 2nd chapter seems pretty realistic to me. I've never been in a relationship but from a logical standpoint I think the author managed to convey and solve the problem in chapter 2 like real communicative people would

It also seems like Ruriko added that last rule for no reason which confused me a bit since it seems like it is she who has feelings for Kurumi, unless that was already written and Kurumi added her own rule at number 4 and moved that one to number 5

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

What it is with Usui Shio and chores... failing to do them was already a thing in Doughnuts :P

joined Oct 22, 2020

It also seems like Ruriko added that last rule for no reason which confused me a bit since it seems like it is she who has feelings for Kurumi, unless that was already written and Kurumi added her own rule at number 4 and moved that one to number 5

Kurumi added it here last minute as "the most important rule", since at the top of the page the 4 other rules are already written by Ruriko.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/trying_out_marriage_with_my_female_friend_ch02#3
Feel sad for Ruriko :(

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

「Menacing...」

65579713a355976e97e7a15516efecb1
joined Jan 12, 2018

no, remove this rule number 5 it does not need ;_;;;;;;just fall in love please PLEEEAASSEEEE

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

「Menacing...」

Aya-ya-yaaaaaaaaaaaa

Zzzz
joined Nov 18, 2019

Wow, i love this adult life realistic yuris, don't get me wrong i still like school girl stories but read a good and again realistic stories of grown up people is good, very refreshing in all sentences.

E05aff7c1334de03865ce183142c84b52
joined Feb 6, 2014

What do you mean?

I do not want to answer behalf of anybody, but I agree.
This serie is weird from root... so different from the other manga.
It is not a bad thing but a big turnover for me from realism to alienism especially from this author.

Space alien things:
- Married to your friend(!) just because in 5 years you did not find anybody to love.
- Imagine your friend(! not lover, even not attract to her) give this marriage proposal to you... You accept. After five years later, you sign the papers. Both times you agree and between you possibly not met personally? No way to build love in this way.
I do not find a slightest reason behind this marriage.
I got the vibe form the Black haired girl loves her wife, the other girl just "exist"? No attraction, no love, almost not even care.

If this is not a serious manga it is ok. But on this way it is pure alienism :D
I think, this is the manga where the other girl realize after 10 episodes, she loves back. But it needs time to build this love, but accept marriage before is not real and common sense.

last edited at Dec 29, 2020 10:43AM

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

I feel like a lot of people are overvaluing the marriage in this case. The series takes place in a world where same-sex marriage is legalized and two women do it on a whim with zero social stigma, suggesting that it's roughly as acceptable as het marriage, at least in their general social circles. Lots of people get hitched on an impulse- marriage these days is just a matter of submitting the right documentation to an office, not some glorious union of destined love. It's not particularly inconvenient, they're on excellent terms with each other, and the whole thing is basically glorified cohabitation for the sake of wacky humour. Heck, it's even acknowledged in-universe as the premise of Kurumi's manga- people see the title, get intrigued by the premise and its potential for unique dynamics, and follow the narrative thanks to the novelty.

Just like the readers in-universe, we're trying to resolve the traditionally romantic connotations of marriage with a more realistic, formalized arrangement that resembles it in legal status alone, and wondering if reversing the order could lead to the same result. It's a premise that's been used to jump-start romance in countless series, het or otherwise, and I'd say that Shio giving it a legal basis, a genuine in-universe reason that reflects the process of the manga's creation, and a shared history between good buddies makes this one of the most realistic takes on the 'marriage-before-romance' story type.

To reply you must either login or sign up.