Forum › GGWP. ~Young Ladies Don't Play Fighting Games~ discussion

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Playing fighting games being analogous to sex is hilarious.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Playing fighting games being analogous to sex is hilarious.

American Psycho was just one long session of Mortal Kombat, wherein Patrick Bateman inflicted sick Fatalities upon friendly neighbourhood prostitutes.

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

the fuck they mean "rip grandgrant"? Dude was a serial sexual harrasser and definitely lost his case against Llama. Fucking sus as hell. Can this goddamn fandom stop being gross for one week? I also noticed the gamergate-ism "vidya" in there too. For people that love saying "no politics in my gamz/animoo" they sure love to fucking do the very same.

last edited at Dec 6, 2020 2:35PM

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

The Sports tag nearly put me off reading this, but fortunately it seems to have been applied in error.
Unfortunately, the same also appears to be true of the Yuri tag...

Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

the fuck they mean "rip grandgrant"? Dude was a serial sexual harrasser and definitely lost his case against Llama. Fucking sus as hell. Can this goddamn fandom stop being gross for one week? I also noticed the gamergate-ism "vidya" in there too. For people that love saying "no politics in my gamz/animoo" they sure love to fucking do the very same.

What did you expect when the first chapter was done by /v/ people, of course its full of weird/tasteless references and dumb board jargon. Thankfully they only did the first chapter, the other ones seem fine from what I've read.

Img_20190107_054630
joined Jan 26, 2019

Damn, I love how over the top it is, it's awesome.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Damn, I love how over the top it is, it's awesome.

I mean this is Ejima "Yuri As HOT BLOODED Shounen Manga" Eri we're talking about...

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

I also noticed the gamergate-ism "vidya" in there too.

"Vidya gaems" long predates (and outlived) that shitshow as a slang term.

But on a more on topic note, I really do love the way the author draws faces. Everyone's just so emotional!

last edited at Dec 7, 2020 7:09PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Im not into fighting games at all, or even any competetive game really- much profer single player or co-op, and I dont really get their mind sets, so I can't relate or say this one interests me much, and the characters didnt grab me either..

But the art is really good, have to say.

last edited at Dec 8, 2020 12:13PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

"Games? We know nothing about these games. We just snuck in here to have sex."

Well, nice enough so far, although the strange humor with punching and blood splatters still makes me prefer the sadly rather short-lived other gaming series over this, even with more obvious yuri vibes in this.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Personally, I'm absolutely loving this series. Class S is my favourite subgenre of yuri, and I've also always wanted yuri works to intersect with various other arts, activities and settings, so this bottle-rocket marriage of fighting games and girls who playact at being sœurs is everything I've ever wanted. The repression of a stiflingly pure environment finds catharsis in the addictive competition of fighting games, and it's great to see the characters simultaneously finding outlets and growing closer through a shared hobby. The author of this series also wrote Yuzumori-san, a series that I admire and respect despite my immense distaste for lolicon, so it's immensely gratifying to get another work from her that caters perfectly to my interests. Each new chapter is a massive dose of pure, unadulterated fun.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I seriously can't get over the faces Inui makes as she brazenly throws the main pair under the bus lmao

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

lmao the committee members are incredible hypocrites

Acreepshowavatar
joined Oct 20, 2017

I like how they challenge the committee member in order to be able to stay in the school; and it seems like some tense showdown like something out of a shonen action series.

And then she's easily defeated.

joined Dec 13, 2018

lmao the committee members are incredible hypocrites

foxes are the most motivated to manage henhouses

Screenshot_4
joined May 3, 2013

This seems to be getting an anime: https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1351909721796603904

Can't wait!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I can't believe it... really, maybe an ova? I just ... wow

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

This series is freaking hilarious. And as someone that knows the FG scene, most of the reactions and attitudes are hilariously on-point. That said, the typesetting and translation really is pretty rough at some points but well, at least is being translated.

ThatEcchiLolicon
joined May 1, 2020

Me in all chat after winning 1/9/3 Yasuo game: the title of this manga

joined Feb 4, 2021

Some fighting game translation and scene notes

Chapter 7:

• "middle down" would be more naturally expressed in English vernacular as "crouching medium attack" / "ducking medium attack"

• "middle shinko" -> "medium shinko", again it's referring the strength of the version of that special move, and the standard in English in most 2D fighting games is "light"/"medium"/"heavy". The counterpart in Japanese FGC is "ko"/"chuu"/"dai".

• i'm going to guess that when she's talking about "confirm using a sudden dual step instead of a single step", what she means to say is something along the lines of "confirm into a double-(motion) instead of a single (motion)", e.g. needing to confirm the hit and then quickly doing double-quarter-circle-forward rather than confirming the hit and then doing a single quarter-circle-forward.

• "she walked off, and then a walk forward" could either mean that she was walking backwards and then walked forwards, or it could mean that she did a backdash and then a forward dash, or some mix of those two. In the JP FGC, "step" (i.e. ステップ ) is what the English FGC calls "dash". In English FGC, "back" is the commonly used term for directions away from the opponent (e.g. "hold back to block", "back dash", "back throw", etc.).

• "getting pushed to the edge of the screen" is probably meant to mean "being cornered". The screen edge and the corner can be two different things: like if you had both players walk away from each from the middle of the stage, eventually they hit the edge of the screen and can't walk any further apart. However, they aren't actually at the boundaries of the stage yet! The "corner" in English FGC refers specifically to the stage boundary where no further horizontal movement is possible.

Chapter 8:

• "pan" is a shortened term used in the JP scene for "punch". If you ever hear JP commentators say kopan/chuupan/daipan it means light-punch/medium-punch/heavy-punch. This contraction is not used by the English speaking fighting game scenes, so I would translate this as "punch" in English.

• "EXjp" and "America's largest fighting game tournament, EX!" is definitely a reference to EVO, which is the largest fighting game tournament in the world. There is also an EVO Japan that started up a few years ago (finally)!

last edited at Feb 4, 2021 4:17PM

joined Dec 16, 2017

That girl's mom is Akuma.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Hello! Would you like some help with cleaning and redrawing? I'm looking for something to do lol

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Remember everyone, please don't use Karate on your children.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

That's her mom?! Kinda hot ngl

That's strict rough parenting there but I can see where she's coming from. Still, that's violence on your kid. Well, it's a comedy. Best not to take it seriously.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

The Sports tag nearly put me off reading this, but fortunately it seems to have been applied in error.
Unfortunately, the same also appears to be true of the Yuri tag...

OK, I was joking about the Sports tag... UNfortunately. This is turning out just like almost every other sports manga I've attempted to read, with page after page of endless analysis of something I have neither knowledge of, nor any interest in. I didn't want to be "that guy", but I think I'll jump ship here and leave this one to the gaming fans.

The Yuri fans, if they have any sense, will presumably already have dropped it...

To reply you must either login or sign up.