Forum › Posts by Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist
Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

I mean, this one seems a little unclear to me? You could interpret it as "Mask groped Kaoru and Kaoru is thinking about it later in the bath" but it also feels like it could be read as "Kaoru fell asleep in the bath and had a smutty dream about Mask."

But I mean, that could just be my brain struggling with the 180 this ship did a few installments ago.

I think you might be overthinking it a bit. Pretty sure it's just the former, rather than the latter. Kaoru is just still not used to being the pursued rather than the pursuer.

Zeitgeist
Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

Mask and Kaoru's progression as a pairing has been so satisfying to see, I will never get tired of her turning the tables on Kaoru. Easily one of my favorite pairings now.

Zeitgeist
School Zone discussion 01 Oct 15:25
Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

I legitimately can’t tell if Kei just doesn’t remember that Rei confessed to her before or not

Baseless yuri theory time: She probably did actually like Yokoe back then and was going to accept her confession, but Yokoe pulling the rug out from under her while she was replying probably traumatized her. Thus leading her to repress the memory of it, explaining why she can only seem to vaguely recollect the event.

Zeitgeist
Original
joined Jul 10, 2018
Therumano-1573874902360285187-img1

^really?

The ending featured a time skip, in which its implied that at some point they started living together cause they arrive together and are talking about chores.

last edited at Sep 29, 2022 3:25PM

Zeitgeist
School Zone discussion 30 Aug 21:45
Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

My thought is that Kishiya actually is 19 - "old enough to be in college," which is something she's said before - but was held back in school for some reason.

for 4 years?????

Technically you only need to be delayed one year and have a well timed birthday.

yeah but the page on which it is revealed she's in high school puts her in the first year, so she would have to have been held back 4 times to be 19

I doubt she's actually that old, considering it's been established that the school she goes to, Seirin Academy, has considerably stricter academic standards than the school most of the cast goes to. If she flunked multiple grades in the past I doubt she would have been able to get in.

It's probably just a situation where she needs to hide her age for some reason, or people just assume she's older than she actually is and she just goes along with it.

Zeitgeist
School Zone discussion 30 Aug 17:08
Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

Actual forshadowing

If you go to chapter 79 you can clearly see now that kishiya is in a phone call with her when she's walking home with Fuji. Really cool details.

Zeitgeist
Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

Foiled by preciousness

Though it seems like her wife cycle has been retconned

Seems more to me that the whole getting rejected by previous partners thing probably hurts her image, so she just chose to lie about it instead in a way that makes her look like she was the one coming out on top. This manga is too cute for Melissa to be a truly awful person after all.

last edited at Oct 31, 2021 9:00AM

Zeitgeist
Image Comments 11 Oct 21:35
Original
joined Jul 10, 2018
Fa0u0cqvqaokme7-orig

As people pointed out in the original Twitter thread, the last page of the manga strategy guide mentions that "nobody knows the true identity of Samus," and that "with your bravery, you will have the chance to meet the true Samus." Which to me heavily implies that they knew, but wanted to leave it a surprise for the player.

Zeitgeist
Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

For those wondering about future updates, this series has now been officially licensed by Seven Seas: https://sevenseasentertainment.com/2021/10/06/aggressive-affections-seven-seas-licenses-black-and-white-tough-love-at-the-office-yuri-manga-series/

So there's probably a good chance you won't see any more chapters uploaded here at least.

Zeitgeist
Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

I don't really care about Kaoru and I'm not interested in the discussion about her character... but trying to defend her by shitting on Mask is just sad and silly.

Nothing wrong with admitting characters have faults, its what makes them interesting. She has issues of her own that will be worked out in the future, but trying to paint her as an awful person because of them is very silly, I agree.

Zeitgeist
Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

Minority opinion or not, I find the talk and meta-analysis of a character being 'toxic' is useless and ultimately only makes it hard to accept these characters as fully realized and fleshed out - and that's something that Kishi has been very good at with quite a number of the characters in the series. Kaoru has especially been fleshed out, I think, and Bou-chan is moving up those ranks very quickly.

And that's why this chapter was so great, actually. Mask's admiration for Onibi has always tainted by an undercurrent of jealousy even while she clearly had a genuine respect and love for her friend. To see it all laid out, to hear it from her own lips, shows us just how much the envy has become unbearable. And to see it contrasted, in a way, against her view of Kaoru - who she feels closer to now, almost ironically, because of her actions, while Kaoru is seemingly trying to at least sort-of-kind-of become a better person...it's a really great dramatic shift and character development moment.

I think it's hard to say whether either of them, Kaoru or Bou-chan, are 'bad' people. Rolling_Loli pointed out fairly correctly that Kaoru's basically a Himbo (have we not gone all the way back around now to her basically being a value-judgment-less bimbo?); the worst things she did are fairly far in the past of the series now (her temptations towards Shizuka when she was first getting with Mio, and even further in the past, her actions following their breakup if you think that she was manipulating Shizuka and not really horribly depressed (not that i agree with the thought that she was manipulating Shizuka, but I could see the argument being made)). And Mask has done little 'wrong' outside of maybe a kind of coldness towards Kaoru - an understandable coldness on her part - or now, this awful little wish of hers towards Onibi, which, even in its awfulness, I feel is almost cute, almost wonderful, because she's taking it all so seriously and she's still, by her actions if not her words, blatantly full of admiration for Onibi...I don't know, it's all so great. Some of the best development in the series is definitely happening in and around Kaoru and Mask.

I agree with this a lot, they're two of the more interesting characters at this point in the series. Most of the other cast members don't quite scratch that same itch as far as interesting development and characterization go. Nothing against the rest of the cast, I love all the cute and fun stuff, but Kaoru and Mayoi's chapters have quickly become some of the ones I look forward to most, cause you never quite know where they're gonna go next.

It kinda disappoints me at times that a lot of people don't seem to appreciate the character development going on with both of them. For people to say that Kaoru is still the same person as the one we saw towards the beginning of the series just tells me they haven't paid attention to their chapters. Sure she's still not perfect, but people don't completely change overnight. How the two of them work both of out their issues going forward is gonna be interesting.

Zeitgeist
Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

/S This kinda thing is what I call toxic for real; Mask mixing some resentment with her love and admiration for Onibi, that's nothing.

While you are perfectly allowed to not like Kaoru, as I will agree she has done pretty shitty things in the past. To dismiss Mask's issues with Onibi more or less because "Kaoru is worse" is incredibly disingenuous.

Zeitgeist
Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

Funny how there can be progress with Kaoru x Mask without Kaoru actually appearing in the chapter at all. Mask hoping to see her at the library was pretty cute.

Though the whole thing with her and Onibi is somewhat worrying. Admiration like that rooted in jealous feelings seems rather toxic to me, wonder how they'll work that out in the future.

last edited at Aug 7, 2021 3:37PM

Zeitgeist
School Zone discussion 30 Jul 21:57
Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

I miss Yokoe and Rei

Lucky for you the next chapter seems to be a Yokoe chapter.

Zeitgeist
Image Comments 18 May 10:51
Original
joined Jul 10, 2018
79712970_p0

Now this is a duo I haven't thought about in a very long time...

Zeitgeist
School Zone discussion 22 Apr 20:53
Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

Likes stern or angry eyes huh? Wonder who that could be.

Sakaki, calling it now.

My money is on Yatsude, mostly cause its pretty similar to how she described her in chapter 42.

Zeitgeist
Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

I'd really hope it doesn't end soon, mostly cause I feel like even if they were to end up saving/defeating Noel now there's still plenty of concepts to be explored. Like what about the other pure blooded vampires, I can't imagine that that professor is the only one.

Personally I'd hope its more that this is just their first encounter with Noel rather than the end, but you never know.

Zeitgeist
Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

I hope Author-sensei is doing fine. No updates on his end?

Well, volume 3 is scheduled to come out April 19th and is currently available for pre-order. As for a new chapter, the post said he'd miss the next two issues (March and April), so you can probably expect a new chapter next month.

Zeitgeist
Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

So this is a sequel to a sequel to a sequel (to a sequel?) to something I never read in the first place? Really, I shouldn't even consider reading it... but the tags are sucking me in...

I don't know if it's a sequel so much as a retelling/AU. But I'm in same boat, should I even consider this if I don't know what I'm getting into with history behind it?

As someone who has read the other material in the KnM-verse, from what I can tell so far you don't really need to be familiar with the previous material to understand what is going on. Each story is more or less its own thing.

You might "appreciate" it more if you've read/watched the original KnM at least, but I think something like this can probably stand well enough on its own that you don't absolutely need to to enjoy it.

last edited at Apr 10, 2021 10:25PM

Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

It wouldn't be an Ikeda Takashi yuri if there wasn't at least a little bit of angst now would it? Interesting to see where this casual relationship goes, if this will change anything in the long run.

Zeitgeist
Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

A bit late but for those in the comments that were wondering about the status, the manga itself is completed at 13 or so chapters. However the group that was scanlating it seems to have dropped it and/or gone defunct, so you probably won't see any more chapters unless someone new decides to pick it up.

Zeitgeist
School Zone discussion 01 Feb 09:39
Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

Alright yuri degens place your bets

Was the phone call a misunderstanding or a bad boyfriend?

Probably a misunderstanding, Kishiya herself said she's not in a relationship back in chapter 64. So unless something has changed since then its probably either a friend or family member she was talking to.

Zeitgeist
Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

People are very uncomfortable with shannon x Kiki because its unclear if Kiki is meant to be a child or not. Kiki is mostly just kind of annoying and they dont really have any interesting history together whereas Dorothy and Shannon obviously do.

I guess, I can't really imagine she's that far removed from any of the other main girls age-wise. I also think its a bit early to be judging her character given we've barely learned anything about her yet, other than the fact that she's a werewolf and that she's quite fond of Shannon.

Zeitgeist
Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

People that are obsessed with someone should never actually become a lover of that person. That's a recipe for total disaster. Shannon and the werewolf girl would be adorable together, and Maria and Dorothy just need to fuck already.

For real, everyone is out here wanting Maria x Shannon like did y'all already forget about the manga setting up Kiki as a potential love interest for Shannon? Maria and Shannon give off rival vibes to me, while its good they see eye to eye more now I can't see them being anything more than that with the series obviously pushing the two of them in different directions relationship-wise.

Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

Interesting premise, I'm definitely interested in seeing how the main pairs relationship develops as this goes along.