Forum › Hello, Melancholic! discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thanks so much to the scanlator for allowing us to host their work! Always great to have more Ohsawa Yayoi!

Chapter names correspond to song titles, you may find the songs in question below for each respective chapter.

Chapter 1: ストレンジカメレオン
Chapter 2: タイミング~Timing~
Chapter 3: 放浪フリーク
Chapter 4: ピエロ
Chapter 4.5: Bonus Track
Chapter 5: ここでキスして
Chapter 6: Himitsu Girl's Top Secret
Chapter 7: 少女S
Chapter 8: キズナソング
Chapter 9: メランコリック
Chapter 9.1: Bonus Track Side: A
Chapter 9.2: Bonus Track Side: B
Chapter 9.3: Extra Pages
Chapter 10: 17才
Chapter 11: メッセージ | another song with the same name
Chapter 12: ワンダーフォゲル
Chapter 13: つぐみ
Chapter 13.5: Special EP - スノウリバース | YouTube Cover

last edited at Dec 13, 2020 8:33PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Yay, glad this series is here.

20230106_011143
joined Mar 8, 2018

Absolute perfection. I've never read a series that has catered so specifically to my own interests and preferences. 10/10.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I was hoping this would show up here. I have a soft spot for large awkward girls hehe

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Cute as hell, gay as hell, interesting characters, what could go wro-oh yeah its already axed. Up there with Pocha Climb as this cursed years biggest casualties.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

First I was like, "what's this, Koigokoro Metronome: the Series? AAAAAH" but then I realised there's no way for it to live up to such an expectation and I'm pre-disappointing myself.

Tenshi
joined Mar 23, 2016

Cute as hell, gay as hell, interesting characters, what could go wro-oh yeah its already axed. Up there with Pocha Climb as this cursed years biggest casualties.

Axed? You mean this is all there is?

last edited at Dec 5, 2020 9:15AM

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

This is what Hibike! Euphonium wanted itself to be.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

I'm starting to think that the universe just despises musical lesbians. The vast majority of anime/manga about music that I've come across have either been bait (Euphonium), reliant on subtext (K-On, every idol show ever) or cancelled (Rock It Girl).

joined Nov 27, 2016

I'm starting to think that the universe just despises musical lesbians. The vast majority of anime/manga about music that I've come across have either been bait (Euphonium), reliant on subtext (K-On, every idol show ever) or cancelled (Rock It Girl).

Noooo!! Is that true? It was going so well, all the characters are so cute! The stories are so cute and there is actual progress!! Ugh, Chika and Sakiko’s storyline was really intriguing and now it’ll never get resolved

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

NoOoOoOoOOOOOOO. I just finished reading it only to end up reading this.

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Last chapter is supposed to be 14 so no cliffhanger at least.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

FUCKING POCHA CLIMB HAS BEEN AXED?! Whyyyyyyy!!!!!!!???? Why do they do this!!!
And this one too?! I have been waiting and waiting to see more pocha.... It was going so well.... sobs deeply

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Thanks so much to the scanlator for allowing us to host their work! Always great to have more Ohsawa Yayoi!

Oh nice! Same scanlator finished "Accept my fist of love" (few chapters of which are already on Dynasty) so maybe it could be uploaded here as well?

last edited at Dec 3, 2020 7:22AM

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Ochikobore Fruit Tart that is just airing this season is actually not bait. I know, I was surprised too.

It's a legit hopeless super gay idol girls show. Every one of them is really into girls and lusts after at least one of the group members, if not more.

Screen%20shot%202020-07-16%20at%209.34.01%20pm
joined Mar 25, 2020

being a percussionist has never felt any better for me.

Zigv3uyqlg0hih2ixcp8saivs99g-ehejzp51vcc89w
joined Feb 8, 2018

And this one too?! I have been waiting and waiting to see more pocha.... It was going so well.... sobs deeply

Pocha Climb was cancelled, because vol. 1 didn't sell. It's indeed sad, but we, yuri fans, are at fault here.

last edited at Dec 3, 2020 9:01AM

joined Jan 20, 2016

this is so so good. Is it really cancellled? D:

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Pocha Climb was cancelled, because vol. 1 didn't sell. It's indeed sad, but we, yuri fans, are at fault here.

The sales-reliant model on series continuation is always a difficult curse to overcome. Especially in niche genres like yuri. I just wanna see cute girls being in love, but always thinking about the numbers game behind the scenes always detracts from the experience. Sad. I want to see good artists thrive in their craft and draw the stories they want to show the world. It's unfair that the industry always cuts them down.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Well its the classic I got bullied before so Im not looking to join into a bad and just wanna play by myself but this amazing kind person forces me to play music with her wants me to join her club and band troupe/ lol actually talking Ohsawa Yayoi and music and tall girls is just perfection but honeslty the plot is kinda cliche I didnt read all of the chapters kinda can get why this got cancelled / I hope it wont though I just really love Ohsaya Yayoi

last edited at Dec 3, 2020 3:56PM

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Hm...can't get super into the main character, but Chika is nice. But publishers really seem to hate yuri that is more than a oneshot.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Wait it's already cancelled? Well that's unfortunate news.

Hm...can't get super into the main character, but Chika is nice. But publishers really seem to hate yuri that is more than a oneshot.

Depends on the publisher, there's I think 20+ Yuri manga that are ongoing series? Some publishers are strict, and Yuri as others have said is a pretty niche market. From my understanding way more niche and harder to sell than Hetero and Yaoi.

Edit: I think there's also various ongoing Yuri series that haven't been translated yet. This community has great translators, but it is a smaller community and they can only cover so much. Which is completely understandable.

last edited at Dec 3, 2020 5:37PM

34ef490a686fdb927a33c1a6913990fc4721a592_full.jpg_
joined Aug 5, 2014

nice to see minato come out with it and say "i like you like THAT" instead of pussyfooting around for 50+ chapters

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

this is the best manga on the site and its criminally under-read. Why the hell did this get axed? Great art, great comedy, well-paced, and a pretty realistic romance.

last edited at Dec 4, 2020 5:19AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't really like how senpai just ignores the MC's social anxiety.

It might work on some people who get swept in the flow of things and make a conscious effort to change themselves, but some others might just completely reject that kind of barging in and wall them off.

To reply you must either login or sign up.