Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^ The other two faces were pretty good as well. :D

joined Jul 10, 2019

"Let's go to a hotel"
Leo getting some pussy tonight ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

joined Oct 8, 2020

I only recently realized this, but in chapter 12 on page 27, Baiser had quite a few more stars than normal, and had more demonic features. That’s probably why Venalita bothered blackmailing her into this whole thing. It’s also likely to be relevant soon.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I only recently realized this, but in chapter 12 on page 27, Baiser had quite a few more stars than normal, and had more demonic features. That’s probably why Venalita bothered blackmailing her into this whole thing. It’s also likely to be relevant soon.

And not just there, as I've pointed out earlier, she also had extra stars here.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Hey kitty kitty.~

Demon cat. <3

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Maybe the source of Leopold's power is the level of her gay. The stronger the gay becomes, the more stars she acquires?

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Maybe the source of Leopold's power is the level of her gay. The stronger the gay becomes, the more stars she acquires.

Applies to everyone, tbh. This dates back to good old DBZ, when dudes got shirtless, looked at each other's abs, and proceeded to issue progressively louder levels of gay screaming in an infinite cycle of getting ripped and horny.

joined Aug 10, 2016

to quote some guy on a My Teen Romantic Comedy is Wrong as Expected comment section back in 2014:

"Girls are most beautiful when they're crying."

last edited at Oct 29, 2020 1:15AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

Maybe the source of Leopold's power is the level of her gay. The stronger the gay becomes, the more stars she acquires.

Applies to everyone, tbh. This dates back to good old DBZ, when dudes got shirtless, looked at each other's abs, and proceeded to issue progressively louder levels of gay screaming in an infinite cycle of getting ripped and horny.

I've never looked at DBZ this way before. Thank you for expanding my perspective.

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Im looking forward to Utena going SSJ when Lord defeats the magical girls.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

If there's one thing we've learned from past battles, it's that Baiser always becomes strongest right as you think you've beaten her.

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

The is all feeling kinda rushed. I don't like it, cause I want more!

joined Jul 7, 2020

azul's transformation looks bondage-related, to absolutely nobody's surprise

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Yes, it looks like they’re going from “we have several volumes” to “shit I better wrap everything up this volume.

I’m devastated. This was my favorite ongoing manga. I will be so sad if it’s not allowed the development and time it deserves.

For now, I’m just praying that they decided to pick up the pace for this short section, but it feels way faster than anything we’ve previously gotten. Chapters feel shorter too. Gaaah, I’m so worried!

last edited at Oct 29, 2020 4:22PM

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

Oh no, is this going to becompleted soon? Is this going to turn into Banana no Nana? Please nooo.

Banana no Nana had so much potential and could've gone for sooo long but it was suddenly cut short. This one too has so many plot arcs that could be explored but each route is getting closed in just a few pages of each chapter :(

The world is so unfaair. Why do lame ass generic isekai harems get all the love while gems like Banana no Nana and Looking Up to Magical Girls get the short end of the stick :(

last edited at Oct 29, 2020 10:55PM

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

azul's transformation looks bondage-related, to absolutely nobody's surprise

Think that's her "personalized weapon"? Couple chapters back Sulfur was talking about how she and Magenta both had weapons unique to them but Azul didn't. So maybe now after all that training Azul was able to look deep down inside herself and chose bondage weapons or something xD

last edited at Oct 30, 2020 12:32AM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

For now, I’m just praying that they decided to pick up the pace for this short section, but it feels way faster than anything we’ve previously gotten. Chapters feel shorter too. Gaaah, I’m so worried!

It's 28 pages long, which seems to be in keeping for the rest of the series and fairly long compared to many other chapters on this site. I suspect it feels short because it's mostly action sequences, which means there's a lot of detail the artists need to get through, but they're very quick for readers to parse.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Must........resist..........looking...........at the ..............third panel............and thinking of them..........................as a cute little family..............

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Yes, it looks like they’re going from “we have several volumes” to “shit I better wrap everything up this volume.

I’m devastated. This was my favorite ongoing manga. I will be so sad if it’s not allowed the development and time it deserves.

I don't want to jinx it, but its pretty obvious the pacing has picked up quite a bit. I wish the damn manga industry would respect their artists a little bit and give them a minimum of 10 chapters worth of warning before the axe falls.

It's usually pretty obvious the moment the news drops on the mangaka. Reading through a series you can pretty much point to the exact chapter the author found out. What's so messed up is how often I see the mad scramble begin like 3 chapters from the series end. Outside of some episodic slice of life 4 komas, how is a creator expected to pen an even half way decent ending to a series in 3 or 4 chapters? Sometimes the manga isn't even to the mid point of it's current story arc let alone the over arching plot as a whole.

When you read a series like Bloom into You that was finished on the author's own prerogative and at their own pace, then compare it to a well written series that gets axed on crazy short notice, the difference is like night and day. I've seen multiple series that I was reading go from like a solid 8 or 9 down to a 6 or 7 thanks to horribly forced endings.

I'm not certain with this series yet, but if its getting the axe soon it should be very evident next chapter.

last edited at Oct 30, 2020 3:24AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Looking East posted:

It's usually pretty obvious the moment the news drops on the mangaka. Reading through a series you can pretty much point to the exact chapter the author found out. What's so messed up is how often I see the mad scramble begin like 3 chapters from the series end. Outside of some episodic slice of life 4 komas, how is a creator expected to pen an even half way decent ending to a series in 3 or 4 chapters? Sometimes the manga isn't even to the mid point of it's current story arc let alone the over arching plot as a whole.

I'm not saying I like it, but sadly that's how manga industry (and honestly most industries) works. It's all about profit. Manga isn't supposed to end. It's supposed to go on forever. If it goes on forever then it brings money, but when it ends it means it won't bring more money, so only time manga is allowed to end is when it's no longer profitable and then who cares how it ends? Simply put, most of manga publisher don't give a fuck about manga's ending.

It's rare when author start writing having idea for ending or is given definite number of volumes to tell their stories. From storytelling perspective, writing something where you had time to think through your story and/or know how long you have so you can plan accordingly is obviously better and allows you for better overall product that will last longer and might be enjoyed in the future. But manga industry doesn't care about future profit, they only care about what they can get now. Manga ending on good note and being still bought few years in the future and fondly remembered is secondary to bringing money now. It's especially annoying when series had a conclusive ending, but then was forced to continue and had to retcon plot threads that were already closed but then it wasn't as popular anymore, so it got axed and now author had to make less conclusive and much less satisfying ending with now some open, unfinished threads.

Still I'm still curious how the hell it's not popular/profitable enough to be continued if it really gets axed.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

So much just happened.... more powers?! Looked pretty M based... did she like, utilize her kink? I need more as usual!

joined Mar 8, 2019

So like, did Leo die tho???

joined Jul 26, 2016

So like, did Leo die tho???

Who knows? Tune in next week to find out!

Did drop a pretty cool Ashita no Joe reference tho.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I think we’re seeing two confirmations—first, that Baiser’s power is determined by her motivation, so once she got the idea of punishing Lord for her childishness (and for hurting magical girls in non-sexy ways) through age regression play, she was completely unstoppable.

Second—I’m really sad to say it, but the axe has definitely fallen. This pacing, as has been noticed, is hella jarring. It’s fucking infuriating because the manga is actual gold; it’s creative, kinky in a thoughtful and meaningful way (as well as an exciting way) and so, so well-executed and wel-planned. And the publishing just took a shit on all that carefully-balanced pacing and spinning out of new ideas.

This is the thing that infuriates me about anime and manga. Anything that’s not safe, not already trodden ground, is just given so much shit. Japan in general has an issue with doing things that aren’t already 1000000% proven safe through long practice, and in the manga industry it chokes the spark of life out of all my favorite new works.

This was shaping up to be my favorite yuri manga of all time, I mean some real Flip Flappers-tier shit, and the thought that its potential was stripped away by some dead-eyed executive looking at a month-by-month sales chart makes my heart scream out in anguish.

last edited at Nov 28, 2020 2:30AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.