Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Im looking forward to Utena going SSJ when Lord defeats the magical girls.

Oh, she went even further beyond.

joined Oct 13, 2014

im sad her punishment isnt gonna be in her mature form

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Lovely... me likey!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Second—I’m really sad to say it, but the axe has definitely fallen.

What ? Think we probably can have an arc on the mascots after that one.Don't yell to axe everytime a manga don't go beside 30/35 chapters and 4/5 volumes.Sometimes, it's just short because the author want it short.Also the manga has been shown a bit popular so it would be surprising for it to be axed.

joined Nov 14, 2014

Sasauga Baiser-sama xD

joined Jul 26, 2016

oh god she's making the Excalibur Face I can't even

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That's a lot of stars... :D

Also, I'm sure we all knew that, as usual, Baiser would turn things around right as she seemed to be beaten, but seeing her take a while to find a way to motivate herself because Enorme was just boring her was truly an unexpected amusing surprise... :D

last edited at Nov 28, 2020 6:21AM

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

It does seem we've wandered rather far afield of what seemed like the original goal of Baiser acquiring a harem of mind-broken magical girl sex slaves. Hopefully we'll get back to that.

I'm thinking in this chapter that that child form is actually Enorme's true form, and she's just been using her powers to make herself look more like a classic villainess.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I'm thinking in this chapter that that child form is actually Enorme's true form, and she's just been using her powers to make herself look more like a classic villainess.

That certainly is a possibility, especially after Baiser's comments on her comments and childishness, and that smile she had after that bit of thinking. Either she realized that Enorme is in reality like that, or decided to match Enorme's form to the chuuni inside.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Random Wanderer posted:

It does seem we've wandered rather far afield of what seemed like the original goal of Baiser acquiring a harem of mind-broken magical girl sex slaves. Hopefully we'll get back to that.

Considering she was disgusted when Azul actually broke down and wanted to become her sex slave, I'd say it was never her goal or at least she is conflicted between her admiration for Magical Girls and her desire to see them suffer, but ultimately overcoming the obstacles. Actually now that I think about it, maybe that's the reason why she was fitting to become dark magical girl (or however they're called), because it's perfect set up for her. She gets to play villain and see first hand how they struggle to overcome obstacles and by defeating her, she can admire in their glory.

That was how I interpreted it too. Baiser realizing that she was actually a child acting like this big, bad villian and what we see on last page is her true form without transformation, but looking at it again the age regression play makes more sense, especially considering that Baiser became older, so she's now a adult "taking care" of a child. Also the talk about stealing power fits with stealing her adultness from her.

joined May 7, 2017

This series had such a great start but it went downhil since this Legion came into the picture. The idea was Dark fights Light from the Dark's perspective, not the other way around as usually does, I particularly enjoyed a whole lot of the mental games she has pulled against Tres Magia, but they suddenly vanished, poof just like that, what was the purpose of them anyway, author-san?
Seriously, if you takeTres Magia out of equation, you fundamentally remove a key part of this story, and got this super rushed Legion arc out-of-freaking-nowhere.
I got my complaints but I bring solutions too, I'd go with a solo, badass magical girl solo, resembling and acting like an angel but actually hiding a true purpose, not to brag, but definitely a better route than this and being true this series initial concept.

joined Jul 26, 2016

^...did you miss the Tres getting back onto screen last chapter or something?

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I love it when people see that a new chapter of a series is out and get on to complain about something that is literally addressed in the actual chapter that they declined to even read.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

omg, it was a loli all along...mind blown

872f6125-d376-4c56-b454-2ea11e45ebc7
joined Jul 7, 2017

I am confused

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Lmaoo that last boss probably had a napolean complex.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Also someone pointed earlier a few pages back that Utena had like over dozen plus stars. It's all starting to make sense now.

last edited at Nov 30, 2020 3:33AM

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Well, this is fun. I don't know if I picked a good or a bad time to start reading it, though...

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

This series had such a great start but it went downhil since this Legion came into the picture. The idea was Dark fights Light from the Dark's perspective, not the other way around as usually does,

I don’t think that’s quite it. There was a lot of discussion around this a few chapters back, but I think it’s more about the difference between BDSM and abuse, play and violence. MC’s path is developing toward someone who challenges and strains the magical girls, but ultimately hones them into becoming better, stronger people. We can see how she used her powers to get the two defectors to let their walls down and love each other, the idol girl to accept herself through exhibitionism, how she helped Tres Magia blue to remember what her true purpose was.

There was a really cool theory that the magical girl vs. villainous queen thing in this manga that the mascots were setting up was supposed to be about kinky play, but Enorme misinterpreted the point of being a dominant to being about strength and taking from others. She rules with fear instead of with love, and the pain she inflicts is not loving sadism but cruel torture. I think it’s a fucking amazing and original premise, but we’re losing so much of it to the rushed pacing now.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Tsk. Even Vena will eventually bow to Magia Baiser's greatness.

"Someday, somewhere, someone will defeat me.But it won't be today, it won't be here and it won't be you."

Best line ever.

last edited at Dec 22, 2020 4:50PM

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I'm glad this chapter got here quick. I've been about to explode since it dropped on MD. There were some great little story nuggets at the end there, with the girls being given only a bit of power and growing from there vs Lord's situation of being given a ton of power from the start and thus never bothering to grow on her own. Sneaky, sneaky little Vena.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Butt of course.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I'll let Churchill sum it up:

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was good.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

I am still thinking Veina is in chahoots with the "good" ones of his species (is Kyubei all over again).
Yet this chapter shown just how calculative and patient his kind is.
Not to mention he still has a pretty big ace up his sleve if he evers needs it.
Luluch would be proud.

To reply you must either login or sign up.