Forum › Fuzoroi no Renri discussion

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

It's not that the sepia filter sets this manga apart from others necessarily, it's that that's how it's always been, for us reading the manga on this site. A sudden change like that is going to feel jarring, no matter how many different manga use the filter. Plus, it's personally the only manga I've ever read with this filter, so it does in fact make up part of the manga's identity in my mind, and I imagine that's the case for many other people as well.

last edited at Aug 25, 2020 1:03AM

Riamu
joined Aug 28, 2018

THE SEPIA STAYS

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

What a cute chapter. Delinquent was really lovey-dovey, she borderline confessed, but Saori was too busy thirsting over her sister to notice.

joined Dec 26, 2015

It's not that the sepia filter sets this manga apart from others necessarily, it's that that's how it's always been, for us reading the manga on this site. A sudden change like that is going to feel jarring, no matter how many different manga use the filter. Plus, it's personally the only manga I've ever read with this filter, so it does in fact make up part of the manga's identity in my mind, and I imagine that's the case for many other people as well.

Yeah i agree

Screenshot%202022-04-17%2012.01.52%20pm
joined Sep 21, 2019

Ditto. Since the TL notes brought up coffee, it's like David Lynch films with an Angelo Badalamenti score. Nobody would claim the music is the only thing that makes his movies different or worth watching, but it is part of what makes them special.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

It's not that the sepia filter sets this manga apart from others necessarily, it's that that's how it's always been, for us reading the manga on this site. A sudden change like that is going to feel jarring, no matter how many different manga use the filter.

Yeah, the salt very much missed the point, but I appreciate them implementing it even if they disagree

Readers don't really give a shit about this or that technical trick or original meanings or correct artistic experience, they care about their reading experience. A good scanlator always asks "how does this text choice or change or sound effect placement affect the reader?"

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I wasn't expecting for Mangaka and editor to have pink and blue hair, Actually, I didn't expect to see such anime-like hair colors in this series at all.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Kyaaahlah pages!!!

Chocolate%20photo%20-%20copy
joined Apr 2, 2013

So I read the TL notes... was sepia filter even making the editing easier or just some trending bs?
I’d read whatever made the editing process easier not some trending bs if that trending bs made things inconvenient for the editor.

Though if they used sepia filter to emphasize a flash back scene... that would make more sense to me.

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

b&w isn't so bad

Yuriburrito
joined Apr 8, 2019

A haiku:

I don't care about

black and white or sepia.

Still saw cute girls flirt.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I am disappointed in the little sister. I mean, how could she.

That camera doesn't even look like an slr! And where's her lens? Don't tell me she's relying on a digital zoom!

joined Jul 26, 2016

Can we take a moment to appreciate how Shizuku's almost managing romantic gestures and flirting like a normally functioning person?

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

So I read the TL notes... was sepia filter even making the editing easier or just some trending bs?
I’d read whatever made the editing process easier not some trending bs if that trending bs made things inconvenient for the editor.

Though if they used sepia filter to emphasize a flash back scene... that would make more sense to me.

The artist used it when it was a web comic but when it was serialized the artist dropped it. Several reasons one being cost.

The translators kept it by adding the filter back in since the readers liked it, pretty sure they had asked in forums if we liked the filter. But now they’ve taken a different feeling to the matter it seems

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Can we take a moment to appreciate how Shizuku's almost managing romantic gestures and flirting like a normally functioning person?

Ikr?! Just waiting for Saori to get her shit together, this ships bout to sail

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

But now they’ve taken a different feeling to the matter it seems

New group working on this now.

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

The artist used it when it was a web comic but when it was serialized the artist dropped it.

They didn't drop sepia though, the twitter webcomic still seems to be the primary release and still in sepia.

This exact chapter (54) for example: https://twitter.com/mikanuji/status/1168842838534017026

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

The artist used it when it was a web comic but when it was serialized the artist dropped it.

They didn't drop sepia though, the twitter webcomic still seems to be the primary release and still in sepia.

This exact chapter (54) for example: https://twitter.com/mikanuji/status/1168842838534017026

Yes, but the serialized version will not have it, perhaps I wrote it weirdly.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Ikr?! Just waiting for Saori to get her shit together, this ships bout to sail

TBF she tends to go rather tunnel-visioned when Iori's around but tsunderes gonna tsundere :v

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

furiously yells at screen

Mangaka x editor is my favorite couple but damn they both need to make a move already.

My%20project%20(4)
joined Jan 15, 2020

I love a slow burn, especially wholesome slow burn like the mangaka x editor pairing~

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

For some reason seeing these two interact together is very wholesome to me

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 55, pg 1, "good time at fancy place" -> "good time at a fancy place"

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Guys, I'm confused. Reading the TOC for Volume 2, there should be at least 127 comic pages in the whole volume, plus a bunch of illustrations at the end, yet the page count for the released chapters on both Manga Dex and Dynasty Scans -- including a few inter-chapter pages -- only amount to 116 pages, leaving 11 pages missing. In fact, having adjusted the page numbers to match the ones on the TOC, there are two chapters missing at the end. So what happened to the missing material???

I understand that the numbering of the chapters differs depending on whether you talk about the Pixiv version, the Twitter version, or the serialized version, but that doesn't really account for this big gap.

last edited at Aug 26, 2020 1:40PM

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

The B&W chapter is just propaganda by the colorless society. So what if it actually proves that the story is still as enjoyable and it doesn't actually feel that strange without the sepia filter because the filter doesn't make the manga fun. It is our right to be pouty, stubborn children who demand sepia filter or blood sacrifice, and we shall demand it

This post was made by exhausted @1am gang

To reply you must either login or sign up.