Forum › Posts by KakumeiNoHi

KakumeiNoHi
School Zone discussion 05 Dec 13:00
joined Aug 15, 2020

Indefinite hiatus of School Zone, because she lost motivation.

And another one bites the dust...

Yup, I mean Hataraki Man foe example has also been 'on hiatus' since 2008, so 'hiatus' as far as I'm concerned is basically cancelled - if only simply by the author's own choice :/

KakumeiNoHi
joined Aug 15, 2020

Peeps, I'm a little curious: She said that Kon-san/both of them wearing the ring on the left hand would out them as lesbians.

Is this a Japan specific thing (or a lesbian thing that my lonely ass self isn't aware about xD)?

Or is she talking about how people in general wear matching rings on their left or right side according to whether or not they're married or engaged (with the side depending on culture, I believe)?

last edited at Oct 26, 2022 9:22AM

joined Aug 15, 2020

It would be fantastic if Kurumi put her foot down like this.

But of course it's not what's going to happen, sigh. Usui Shio wants Rio to stay with them to stir up the stagnant waters.

At the present state of things, Kurumi and Ruriko are perfectly happy with their chaste sexless marriage and it doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon. If things go on like this, they're going to make love for the first time, oh, when they're 55 or about. Usui wrote herself into a corner and Rio is the solution she came up with to work her way out of the impasse.

"What, you and Ruriko sleep in different rooms? But aren't you married? So when do you have sex? You don't?!? Kurumi-san, that's too cruel! Poor Ruriko! Why, when we were living together in Paris I ate her pussy every - single - night! What? Why, yes, of course Ruriko is a lesbian!! You're her wife and you didn't know?"

honestly, you're most likely completely right..and I don't know whether knowing that things are going to go that way disappoints me more or less about how this manga just ended up using the same dumbass plot device/side character type as way too many others :\

KakumeiNoHi
School Zone discussion 11 Sep 11:20
joined Aug 15, 2020

peeps...w-who are these two new girls again? I don't remember them at all...or anything about their deal/issues - which chapter(s) have they appeared in before?

Isn’t the tall one the girl that works in the arcade. And the lil one is just a new character right?

ohhh, wait you're right xD I got confused by the school uniform ^^" I always thought she was a college student, but looking back at the previous chapter where kishiya's first name (yuka) is revealed, she is wearing that uniform xD (I also completely didn't put two and two together when she was called 'yuka-chan' xD)

oof, boy...so Fuji is in !ove with Kishiya Yuka, but Yuka seems to want more out of her friendship/relationship with the new(?) girl - who is either dodging her implying her wishes or is completely ignorant of them and just doesn't feel the same :S

let's just hope whatever drama may or may not result out of this gets properly resolved and we don't just get back to zero (coughs-in-rei&kei)

last edited at Sep 11, 2022 11:21AM

KakumeiNoHi
School Zone discussion 11 Sep 07:14
joined Aug 15, 2020

peeps...w-who are these two new girls again? I don't remember them at all...or anything about their deal/issues - which chapter(s) have they appeared in before?

KakumeiNoHi
joined Aug 15, 2020

I still think Shizuku was too easily forgiven in this story.

And that's terrible.

The thing is though, Shizuku at least is showing signs of trying to better herself...(especially so if younread the more serialized series of this) - though that does not completely excuse anything she did.

The one that keeps pissing me off is Iori who knows exactly what had happened between Minami and Shizuku - heck she even actually WITNESSED it...and she also knows how abusive Minami's parents are and yet she keeps hitting her anytime she isn't doing what she wants her to do because...I don't know? It's okay since 'it's not as bad as what Minami has been through and where else would she go anyways'? and 'She loves her.'?

And even whatever was implied she did to Minami against her will in the latest chapter was also just played off as a joke and Iori was just all like 'Oh, just get over it, Minami.'

Also how hard would it have been to just be like: 'Hey, what's wrong? You haven't talked to me at all today...' instead of pulling that stunt and getting violent the moment it didn't work?

last edited at Sep 25, 2021 12:50AM

joined Aug 15, 2020

:0

Is that even legal? Is that allowed? What a fkn maneuver oh my word

I mean if the JK is a third year, she might just have turned 18 but I feel like we'd only get details on that if we get more twitter shorts or this gets turned into a series :) (we're talking about them being together here, I don't think there's any legalities with leaning on each other's shoulders xD)

last edited at Jul 19, 2021 4:41AM

KakumeiNoHi
joined Aug 15, 2020

sooo, this 25 year-old is going to be 'getting involved' with this 16/17 year-old highschool student...because she couldn't get together with her adult senpai who had called her out of nowhere after her divorce, making sure that the audience knows that she's single now for whatever bs reason...and now that she's an adult in the past figures that it's probably easier to just groom her child senpai...am I getting this, right?

Her Senpai who in her timeline didn't need her to save her from almost being run over?

yeah, I'm gonna leave that one be...

last edited at Jul 6, 2021 1:19AM

KakumeiNoHi
Yoru to Umi discussion 03 Jun 08:57
joined Aug 15, 2020

I decided to buy volume 3 just to read ahead. There's only 3 volumes in total, so it ends at chapter 19.

For anyone wondering about the ending, there's no yuri in it and the story ends after a time skip. They separate after graduation and Aya accidentally breaks her phone by dropping it in the water. She didn't back anything up, so she lost Tsukiko's contact information, but they reunite at the end. Just a nice story between two people with a vague distance between them.

thanks a lot for this, the pacing drags so much, I was really wondering if it'll even be worth my time in the end...now I know

KakumeiNoHi
joined Aug 15, 2020

What a beautiful chapter! I enjoyed this sweet story so very much! This is such a cute story with beautiful art. Thank you so much for posting Akane and Kou.

yeah...very sweet and cute if you don't count all of the rape/sexual assault...

joined Aug 15, 2020

KakumeiNoHi posted:

I don't know, I'm gonna finally drop out of this one now.

It's just getting too exhausting for me to read....they just annoy me...a lot, the possessivenes, the 'selfishness' all of it just has a toxic level to it that I don't care for.
For what it's worth the MCs seem to be fine with their situations, but me 'as an outsider looking at their story' have stopped caring about any of their well-beings or possible lack there of :/

It's nearly over.

WTF are you dropping this one or two chapters away from the end?

first of all how would I know this was going to be over in a chapter or two? and just the phrasing of 'one or two chapters' implies that you don't know either :/ and I'm still not going to finish it because secondly I am over it. it is done to me...I don't care to.

last edited at May 27, 2021 1:08PM

joined Aug 15, 2020

I don't know, I'm gonna finally drop out of this one now.

It's just getting too exhausting for me to read....they just annoy me...a lot, the possessivenes, the 'selfishness' all of it just has a toxic level to it that I don't care for.
For what it's worth the MCs seem to be fine with their situations, but me 'as an outsider looking at their story' have stopped caring about any of their well-beings or possible lack there of :/

last edited at May 27, 2021 6:56AM

joined Aug 15, 2020

Girl, don't ever leave the office without at least signing off the computer.

my thoughts exactly :/ it's things like this that always take me out of the immersion, like the first thing you get told/taught working in an office is to log and turn off you computers at the end for multiple reasons...electricity bills, security (especially in case of break-ins)

nobody just gets up and leaves for home just leaving their computer just the way it is, especially not in the middle of an (important) file/email being transfered....it's really just a very trope-y plot device because authors don't want their characters to be the ones to actually fuck up working, but have others mess up their work for them :/

that said the story in total was just kinda...okay? It was n't bad but it also wasn't some super deep soul searching that was done here...but maybe I'm just jaded like that...

KakumeiNoHi
joined Aug 15, 2020

sighs Imma drop outof this one, looks like it's going to keep the yandere for that other girl and that's just not for me :/

KakumeiNoHi
joined Aug 15, 2020

ugh, this is so annoying and triggering...especially since it looks like it's really going to send the message of "even if you are gay you still have to fullfil 'your duty' to humanity, fuck a straight person and get pregnant to continue society and bloodlines...but hey, you can still have a side-piece same-sex relationship anyways...it's not like that would interfere with 'the 'important stuff' "- it's Assassin's Creed Odyssey all over...

and don't anybody care call what's probably going to happen a poly route...not if she was basically forced into the relationship with the guy,so much so to even be dragged away from hercurrent home, realm and friends...

last edited at Apr 17, 2021 10:05AM

joined Aug 15, 2020

The e-book extra would be truly adorable if their relationship wouldn't be what it is...

I know, right? It's like: I want to feel fluffy about it, but their relationship actually is too fucked up for me to feel much about those extra pages :\

joined Aug 15, 2020

Soooo, I'm the only one who thinks Satou is a bitch in this one? She's a regular, yes, but then she should have known better than to just push the girls into paying for her.
she should also know that ordering a new girl that was just put on the website wouldn't be perfect and the girl would be trying her best on her first job

she also made the request immediately and the moment cocoa was put online and the manager wasn't surprised about a) cocoa getting a request already because it was b) satou who made the request

which makes me think that she does this all the time to new girls, because she's looking for something very specific and can't find it :/

last edited at Nov 6, 2020 3:55AM

joined Aug 15, 2020

God am I glad this is here as well.
people on mangadex are just being EXTREMELY idiotic about this...

KakumeiNoHi
School Zone discussion 24 Sep 08:30
joined Aug 15, 2020

sooooo, am I the only one who read this as Kana/gyaru being super possessive of Hinase and not liking how Piyo spend some time alone in the classroom with her? I don't know but that poki thing seemed super aggressive to me and not in a "sexual" but actually threatening "back off of her/you have no business being close with her" kind of way. Is somebody else getting that vibe?

When I want someone to stay away from someone else I usually give them that persons phone number

wasn't that just to further mess with piyo though? like "apologize to my girl"?

last edited at Sep 24, 2020 8:32AM

KakumeiNoHi
School Zone discussion 24 Sep 05:37
joined Aug 15, 2020

sooooo, am I the only one who read this as Kana/gyaru being super possessive of Hinase and not liking how Piyo spend some time alone in the classroom with her? I don't know but that poki thing seemed super aggressive to me and not in a "sexual" but actually threatening "back off of her/you have no business being close with her" kind of way. Is somebody else getting that vibe?

last edited at Sep 24, 2020 5:38AM

joined Aug 15, 2020

sooo, isn't this basically Princess Princess?

KakumeiNoHi
School Zone discussion 18 Sep 16:32
joined Aug 15, 2020

utsugi.....gurl....

xDxD I do hope this actually gets resolved properly though, we've come too far to just drop hiiragi's issues like that ^^*

last edited at Sep 18, 2020 4:33PM

KakumeiNoHi
School Zone discussion 17 Sep 12:07
joined Aug 15, 2020

you...you put your middle finger underneath (from the top) and use your index and thumb to undo the clasp btw...

joined Aug 15, 2020

If we're doing cliches, go all out! Our ditzy heroine is a total novice, who (somehow) has a crazy hidden power potential that can lay waste to entire battalions.

Black-haired Ace-Oneesan (yes, I named her) has a TRAGIC backstory, with her entire family/former lover/both killed in an ironic manner. Her flirty behavior is just a cover for her broken heart and broken mind that only the true love of Heroine-chan can heal. Also, she's a cyborg who'd self-conscious about her body modification, but Heroine-chan is into that.

But then loud Rival-san appears and tries to also aim for Heroine-chan's affection, Heroine-chan is torn and asks shy and quiet ChildhoodFriend-chan for advice, who tells her she should listen to what her heart tells her, even though she herself doesn't do so and is left with a broken heart, because in truth she has also loved Heroine-chan for a long time now, but she never confessed, because she didn't want their relationship to change and because they're both girls and it could never happen....poor ChildhoodFriend-chan TToTT

last edited at Sep 17, 2020 11:03AM

joined Aug 15, 2020

Called the "Long Black Hair" cliche of a character as soon as she uttered her first words. Such an overplayed stereotype

I like that this is where you drew the line, and the clutzy late girl with bread dangling from her mouth running into someone wasn't too much of a trope for you.

This ^ Absolute Gold.

Gotta have some limits, right? I mean, it also would have been great if the title would have mentioned something about this being just another one of those mangas about clichés...oh, wait...

last edited at Sep 17, 2020 4:29AM