Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Oh, don't get me wrong, this series is currently my second favorite after the obvious Yagate Kimi ni Naru; on the other hand, while I do love Ani no Yome as well, the latest chapter implying that Nozomi will be dragged to a mixer now is not where I would have wanted it to go. We'll see how she reacts to this, though.

edit: Potential spoilers for other series spoilered.

last edited at Jul 28, 2020 8:46AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oh, don't get me wrong, this series is currently my second favorite after the obvious Yagate Kimi ni Naru; on the other hand, while I do love Ani no Yome as well, the latest chapter implying that Nozomi will be dragged to a mixer now is not where I would have wanted it to go. We'll see how she reacts to this, though.

Ritsuko, the best friend hauling her out of doors, is a lesbian.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I doubt she assumes the same of Nozomi, though. But that does alleviate my fears a bit.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Friendship between girls is also yuri.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Had to go see if it still says Ongoing.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Friendship between girls is also yuri.

That's called REEEEEEmance.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I doubt she assumes the same of Nozomi, though. But that does alleviate my fears a bit.

The paranoia level, it's OVER 9000!
crushes scouter

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Do me a favor and repost this in the appropriate forum to continue the discussion.

11143587_983945991615710_6019435042284427906_n
joined Jan 29, 2015

I think I just saw a really good 'development' in chap 28.5

joined Jun 12, 2019

the hand touching... gay

joined Jan 9, 2019

Feel cold and warm at the same time but I love it.

Exactly what I feel since the beginning of the series lol

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Now Kiss!

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Like a tropical fish yearning for snow.

joined Jul 1, 2018

Like a tropical fish yearning for snow.

YOOOOOOOO That’s just too meta.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

IIRC, the frog dies in the original story.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Don't they both die? I looked it up once, but can't quite recall at the moment.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

"What awaits them beyond that light?"
It's gay, gay awaits them

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

The short story has no real ending. The salamander and the frog spend years stuck in the cave and they still stubbornly refuse to admit they appreciate each other's company.

joined Jul 26, 2016

The short story has no real ending. The salamander and the frog spend years stuck in the cave and they still stubbornly refuse to admit they appreciate each other's company.

Tsundere couples, in MY classic lit?!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Tsundere couples, in MY classic lit?!

Now you see why Japan likes tsundere so much. They have such a long tradition.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Koyuki was reading it here: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch14#13 while writing her own fix fic of the ending that ended up happening to her in real life.

In practice, it was not the salamander but his companion in the hollow of the rock who was first careless enough to heave a deep sigh. "Aaaah..." went the sigh, like the faintest of breezes. It was the sight of the hair moss busily scattering its pollen, as it had done the year before, that had inspired it.
The salamander could hardly fail to hear. He looked upwards, and with eyes full of friendship inquired:
"You just heaved a big sigh just now, didn't you?"
"And what if I did?" responded the other defensively.
"Don't reply like that. You can come down from there now."
"I'm too starved to move."
"You mean, you think you've had it?"
"I think I've had it."
It was some time before the salamander inquired again:
"What would you say you're thinking of now?"
"Even now," replied the frog with the utmost diffidence, "I'm not really annoyed with you."

Textbook tsundere reply.

By the way, I feel like with the author's love of callbacks, Koyuki will eventually end up saying that line: "I wish we could always be together." once the time for her to actually leave approaches. The end of the chapter I linked even has it in the editorial blurb. "... So, then what about you, Konatsu-chan? Do you want us to always be together? For me, I'm sure that I..." She won't ask her, she can't ask her, at least for now...

last edited at Jul 28, 2020 4:00PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

BeanBeanKingdom posted:

I seem to recall it ends on a bittersweet note, like, the frog is dying but it can't bring itself to hate the salamander.

Well, I'm at least sure that they don't find a way out, like in the conclusion of this manga. Because the Salamander physically CAN'T get out.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

BeanBeanKingdom posted:

I seem to recall it ends on a bittersweet note, like, the frog is dying but it can't bring itself to hate the salamander.

Well, I'm at least sure that they don't find a way out, like in the conclusion of this manga. Because the Salamander physically CAN'T get out.

Hachimitsu provided a link for an online version and a download link in the chapter 14 release post, so everyone who's interested can just go and read it.

joined Jul 1, 2018

Textbook tsundere reply.

By the way, I feel like with the author's love of callbacks, Koyuki will eventually end up saying that line: "I wish we could always be together." once the time for her to actually leave approaches. The end of the chapter I linked even has it in the editorial blurb. "... So, then what about you, Konatsu-chan? Do you want us to always be together? For me, I'm sure that I..." She won't ask her, she can't ask her, at least for now...

This whole past arc is the result of what happens when two Tsunderes befriend one another lmao

Also, that's a great catch on the "I wish we'll always be together" I haven't really been looking at dialogue callbacks, mostly visual since their easier to spot, but now I wonder what else I've been missing. (Also, I still can't figure out the meaning of those dang shells in 28.5 ;-; )

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

That felt too much like an ending, it really scared me until I realized it’s only the second chapter of volume 8.

To reply you must either login or sign up.