Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

Woah, SAD editor is here hahaha. I always love your tls, thank you for your hard work >>>_<<<

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Out of the frying pan, into the fire. I really didn't expect this much drama, angst, and misunderstanding with college girls, but here we are. Although, I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting, Still pretty good and will keep on reading of course, just giving my 2 cents.

runrin Staff
Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

could just be me, but it feels like we've gone past realism and into tedium.

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Miwa, please, you can't accuse Saeko of not knowing what "restraint" means when you greenlit her to go rough with you.

last edited at Jul 3, 2020 3:54AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, I guess that was kind of a solution. While Saeko didn't quite manage to open up about her newly discovered jealousy, at least she realized why she doesn't really have a reason to be jealous. Now if this would actually work... There seems to be trouble on the horizon, though.

20201202_205313
joined Jun 4, 2020

I find Saeko really relatable to me. Annoying, have high pride, but fall head over heels to someone she loves.

But when she go down on miwa... Urgg. Part of me wish to be Miwa.

m_nguyen_chau
120x120px-ls-38203a65_avatar65018_8
joined Oct 27, 2011

could just be me, but it feels like we've gone past realism and into tedium.

For me it's gone past realism into flashback agony.
Feel like my Miwa-like ex gonna haunt me for long. I was literally Saeko. The more i read the more i feel like it gonna turn my stomac inside out. I love how long this take to torture us reader.

joined Dec 5, 2019

The old crush coming back can actually work in favor of them, maybe Saeko will finally be able to be honest

runrin Staff
Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

i haven't read any yuri where the relationship starts right away. usually there is conflict along the way to them getting together near the end. interested to see where this one will go. i imagine things will get a lot worse before they look up. it seems unlikely that they will end up together in the end.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm literally Saeko.

The one with the most potential to ruin the relationship is Miwa.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

I wonder to what extent Miwa might have been having sex with Saeko to make Saeko feel better, or to make herself feel needed. It's clear that the characters are more emotionally involved than suggested by the original one-shot, but it's still easy to see how they could reach the point where sex is the only thing holding them together. I feel like Saeko's sexual attraction to Miwa is still her main reason for liking her. I wonder if Miwa will try to hide everything about her old crush for as long as she can. Right now, their insecurities are magnifying each other.

In the one-shot they broke up sometime after their five-month anniversary. If the series maintains this pace (chapter 5, 1 month; chapter 12, 2 months; chapter 15, over 3 months) and it follows the timeline of the one-shot, they should break up around chapters 25-30.

Dashing
joined Nov 19, 2018

Kan is an Asshole but man I really feel him. I like Saeko's expressions. Feel like it starting to get really good.

Scarlet%20felini
joined Mar 28, 2012

That Page 8, though... I was not prepared for that.

as for everything else... COMMUNICATE people, PLEASE! A relationship takes trust, communication and love/attraction. not talking actually messes up two thirds of it. Especially if it's about feelings of jealousy or shame about past relationships.

... Aaaand page 8 also makes another point clear... Sex is 5% of a good relationship, and 90% of a bad relationship.

platitudes over.

last edited at Jul 3, 2020 1:39PM

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

I feel like Saeko's sexual attraction to Miwa is still her main reason for liking her.

Saeko is crazy in love with Miwa.

That much should be obvious to everyone at this point of things.

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

Saeko is crazy in love with Miwa.

That much should be obvious to everyone at this point of things.

I believe you're right. But I think Saeko hasn't realized it yet.
If she had realized, she would be even more conflicted than she is now. I'm 99% sure that, for all her bravado, Saeko had never really been in love before. It's funny when you think about it: she's experienced in relationships, but she never was serious about her gfs before... and now that she's in love for realsies she doesn't understand her own feelings and keeps thinking "Why the heck am I so jealous of Miwa!!!??? This is not like me!" and is unable to find an answer.

If only she tried asking someone for advice (Rika would be perfect) she would get an explanation so easily... but asking for help doesn't go with her usual cool act, so she won't do it. Too bad.

last edited at Jul 3, 2020 3:25PM

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Bad girl Rika <3

I'm that bad type
Make your mama sad type
Make your girlfriend mad type
Might seduce your dad type
I'm the bad guy, duh

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

lmao those are some tired looking ladies

joined Feb 18, 2015

Hmmmm... I believe that the source of Miwa's previous heartbreak is going to be at her high school reunion or whatever that was that her phone was buzzing about.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

The more this goes on, the more confident I am that the situation in the one-shot is going to happen, but it isn't the end of their relationship. These two have "break up and get back together" written aaaaaalll over them.

I was low-key thinking that, as well.

joined Mar 5, 2016

what's with the inconsistent censoring? "shit" is censored on that page with rika, but "fuck" in the same chapter isn't.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

In the orig. they broke up around their 5 months anniversary. Now it's their 3 months. As much as I don't want the series to follow the initial story I think it really is headed that way.

joined Oct 27, 2018

This manga is weird to me, as much as I want to like it, and as many admirable qualities that it does have, it often just feels way too dour for me to get into it the way I would like

Sarah of the Night
Kaijuislandfuruka2
joined May 12, 2020

y-y-y-y-y-yes you can!

it was nice seeing them close like that at the end there. looking forward to hearing both of their stories.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

lol. caught lying like 30 seconds later. that's rough.

This manga is weird to me, as much as I want to like it, and as many admirable qualities that it does have, it often just feels way too dour for me to get into it the way I would like

kinda agree. there is a lot of really good stuff going for it, including sexy akiba detectives' localization. i love the art, and i usually like yuri that feels like its written by someone who understands what being a lesbian is like. but these last few chapters, while they feel authentic and realistic, are almost too pedestrian. there really isn't much that stands out to me about the main couple. they're so normal.

i'll keep reading. hopefully they will surprise me.

joined Dec 30, 2018

God I really want them to be ok

To reply you must either login or sign up.