Forum › Hana Ni Arashi discussion

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Tomorrow never comes

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Wow, a lot of people already shipping Mai x Manager? I guess I'm not the only one who has gone for the same fashionably early.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

A+ chapters. Thanks for the hard work Yuri Project crew. <3 Love these two.

entangledfugue
Screenshot_20201021-030155_gallery
joined Apr 2, 2020

Mai x Manager is a go!!!

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Thanks Yuri Project for such a big dose of cuteness in one go. Really appreciate your hard work.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Thank you for uploading this arc all at once. Don't get me wrong the chapters were good, but we all knew how this was going to go down for the most part so it is nice to get it done in one go. Like ripping off a band-aid!

And hey we got some cute Mai x Manager too, a bonus!

YuriIsLife1998
Screen%20shot%202020-03-21%20at%203.08.23%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2019

I feel like what Chidori did in Ch 81 was completely unnecessary. Why would she tell Mai to tell Nanoha(her girlfriend) her true feeling? Somethings are better left unsaid. And now drama (which could’ve been avoided easily) happened. And it’s not only Mai who would be hurt hurt. Nanoha also would be hurt too.

last edited at Jun 12, 2020 5:26AM

Rps20190516_131448
joined Feb 8, 2019

Idk why but i genuinely didn't care what happened with Mai.
Maybe it's because we had the end of the previous "rival drama" arc just a few chapters ago but i feel like Mai was a completely useless character. I might have to reread the entire thing, maybe i'm forgetting something...

Anyway, i appreciate the updates ♡

Little%20ghost
joined Jan 4, 2019

I feel like what Chidori did in Ch 81 was completely unnecessary. Why would she tell Mai to tell Nanoha(her girlfriend) her true feeling? Somethings are better left unsaid. And now drama (which could’ve been avoided easily) happened. And it’s not only Mai who would be hurt hurt. Nanoha also would be hurt too.

I don't think it was unnecessary. It is sometimes easier to give up on your feelings of love for someone if you tell them clean and get rejected. Because it would mean, "you tried, but it didn't work" you know? And in that state of mind, she can slowly fall out of love with Nanoha in an easier way than if she didn't confess. Because not confessing leaves possibilities as to what could happen, "maybe there's a small chance she'd actually choose me?" and then, even if Mai consciously knows she doesn't have a chance, she would still be hoping, clinging on her love for Nanoha, and because of that, she'll hurt herself even more.

I think that Chidori had that in mind (at least partly) when she told Mai maybe she should confess (or not keep it all inside). Plus she was thinking of the disaster that happened with Igarashi sooooo...

last edited at Jun 15, 2020 3:10PM

joined Jul 31, 2013

I liked how she helped us learn about the feelings and personalities of the main two characters. They still have sides to them that they're too shy to reveal to each other. And if nothing else she finally gave us the moment of "you two are way more obvious about this than you think" which we've been waiting for for 82 chapters. Which, by the way, is a huge amount for a yuri manga like this.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Mai x Manager NOW

Also, I guess Mai's arc got the good ending - she didn't destroy a relationship and she's setup for a relationship with the manager.

Glad its just not me seeing that in the future :-)

From the moment the manger first appeared, there was no question about it. * nods *

YuriIsLife1998
joined Apr 25, 2019

I don't think it was unnecessary. It is sometimes easier to give up on your feelings of love for someone if you tell them clean and get rejected. Because it would mean, "you tried, but it didn't work" you know? And in that state of mind, she can slowly fall out of love with Nanoha in an easier way than if she didn't confess. Because not confessing leaves possibilities as to what could happen, "maybe there's a small chance she'd actually choose me?" and then, even if Mai consciously knows she doesn't have a chance, she would still be hoping, clinging on her love for Nanoha, and because of that, she'll hurt herself even more.

I think that Chidori had that in mind (at least partly) when she told Mai maybe she should confess (or not keep it all inside). Plus she was thinking of the disaster that happened with Akiyama sooooo...

I'll be fine with Chidori telling she didn't mind if Mai confess to Nanoha because she trust Nanoha or someone else telling Mai to confess to Nanoha but I don't think it has to be Chidori to tell Mai to confess to Nanoha because you just DON'T tell someone to confess to your girlfriend no matter how much you trust your girlfriend. Love is selfish and somewhat possessive if not entirely possessive...

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I feel like what Chidori did in Ch 81 was completely unnecessary. Why would she tell Mai to tell Nanoha(her girlfriend) her true feeling? Somethings are better left unsaid. And now drama (which could’ve been avoided easily) happened.

Considering how much drama has happened in this one because things were being left unsaid, Chidori probably just decided to break some routines.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Yeah no, those kinds of things are better to be told. At least Mai would have a proper answer to her feelings and can move on from that rejection. She is not bound by her love for Nanoha. And the drama has in fact been avoided by making the confession,

YuriIsLife1998
joined Apr 25, 2019

Yeah no, those kinds of things are better to be told. At least Mai would have a proper answer to her feelings and can move on from that rejection. She is not bound by her love for Nanoha. And the drama has in fact been avoided by making the confession,

Mai already know that she doesn't stand a chance and while getting clear answer make easier for people to move on, it's still up to people. Many people move on without getting rejected. And some people couldn't move on even after getting rejected clearly. The most important thing is that they WANT to move on. But that's not my main problem here. My main problem is that Chidori is the one who tell Mai to confess to Nanoha. As I said in my last post, you just DON'T tell someone to confess their feeling to your girlfriend no matter how much you trust your girlfriend.

last edited at Jun 12, 2020 7:54AM

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

I don't like love triangles. So I thought "here goes this series too.." when Mai appeared. But this was a bit different and kinda nice. No (major) angst, letdowns or frustrations because choice was obvious to all - readers and characters.

And yes. I too want to see Mai x Manager.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Many people move on without getting rejected.

Which clearly wasn't the case for Mai. She wasn't moving on, she was avoiding the problem. It was better for her to face the problem head on and have a proper rejection rather than living with this weight.

As I said in my last post, you just DON'T tell someone to confess their feeling to your girlfriend no matter how much you trust your girlfriend.

But it's was because she trust Nanoha that she ask Mai to confess. She know Nanoha love her and would soft reject Mai that she told Mai to do that. And to be honest, it's better that it's Chidori who ask Mai to do it rather than Mai doing it and Chidori misunderstand the situation by eavdrop the confession. Like you said it's "many people" not everyone, there is peoples who can't move on until they got a clear answer,which was clearly the case for Mai.

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

Honestly, if i had a girlfriend and someone liked her, i'd do what Chidori did.
Not really thinking about if I trust her, if I trust the other person or anything else, but because it's the right thing to do. Screw what I feel, what if I was that other girl? she deservers an ending to her story.

Chidori did that because she knows how it feels when things are left unsaid, she was empathic and that's beautiful, at least in my opinion.

last edited at Jun 12, 2020 8:46AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Although it’s been mentioned once, I think people are mostly leaving out the obvious cues the story is giving about why Chidori says what she does to Mai—the Igarashi Event.

The chapter 81 title page is the most symbolic one of the series. It shows Old Chidori (long hair, pre-Nanoha) facing off and connecting with Present-Day Chidori.

Chidori has two specific flashbacks to Igarashi during her talk with Mai—when she references the feelings of “loving a girl” but keeping it to yourself, and trying to act as if nothing happened and “just moving on.” She explicitly knows how bad she felt and how hard it was.

She also knows that Mai hasn’t done anything wrong—she’s just liked a person she’s known for a long time (longer than Chidori has) and Mai even was supportive of Chidori and Nanoha’s relationship. (The only mistake she made was briefly thinking she had a chance when she discovered that Nanoha liked girls—you never had a chance, dear.)

Chidori isn’t just blithely ignoring a possible danger point to her relationship with Nanoha (as she explicitly says)—she’s empathizing with Mai because of what she learned from her own experience. You know—the textbook definition of a character growing and developing.

last edited at Jun 12, 2020 9:21AM

YuriIsLife1998
joined Apr 25, 2019

you just DON'T tell someone to confess their feeling to your girlfriend no matter how much you trust your girlfriend

But it's was because she trust Nanoha that she ask Mai to confess.

I don't even know what to say anymore than I've said. Chidori trust Nanoha. But that does not mean that is ALRIGHT to ask Mai to confess to Nanoha who is her girlfriend of all people while she could just let it be. Before you replied 'But then Mai wouldn't be able to move on then', it's not Chidori's problem. It's not even Nanoha's problem. It's Mai's problem. Call me heartless or whatever you want but I say it's just stupid that Chidori ask Mai to confess to Nanoha just because Mai wouldn't be able to move on otherwise.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

"That's how much I love Na-Chan. And yet I don't want them to break up"

Mai is very precious. The type of character who is happy as long as their crush is.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

you just DON'T tell someone to confess their feeling to your girlfriend no matter how much you trust your girlfriend

I don't even know what to say anymore than I've said. Chidori trust Nanoha. But that does not mean that is ALRIGHT to ask Mai to confess to Nanoha who is her girlfriend of all people while she could just let it be. Before you replied 'But then Mai wouldn't be able to move on then', it's not Chidori's problem. It's not even Nanoha's problem. It's Mai's problem. Call me heartless or whatever you want but I say it's just stupid that Chidori ask Mai to confess to Nanoha just because Mai wouldn't be able to move on otherwise.

You just lack empathy, as opposite of Chidori who have understand that Mai wouldn't be able to move on if she didn't try once. What could i say, you just don't understand that people could care for others even if it hurt them. And it's fact all 3's problems because you've see that Mai still have bad thought about the relation between Nanoha/Chidori, who could tell she wouldn't try something nasty in the future ? It's better to have Mai move on that having her holding in her feelings and potentially hurting Nano/Chido.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I think this situation of Chidori telling Mai to confess is complicated. Both sides are right imo. So as long as Chidori felt comfortable telling her to do it, it's ok.
If she didn't want to, that would be ok too. Some people (probably most, let's be honest) wouldn't be comfortable with that, and it's understandable. It's not about being a nice person or not.

For Mai, it turns out it was better that she confessed. But if she didn't, I don't think she would never be able to move on either, and she doesn't seem the type who would try to sabotage them or anything.

joined Dec 18, 2018

You're kinda missing the point, Chidori isn't asking Mai to confess, she's simply asking if Mai is alright with leaving things as they are, and giving advice based on her personal experience. She even makes a huge point about how she's not telling Mai to do anything, and that she hates the thought it might damage her relationship with Nanoha.

All she really did was make Mai realize that it would serve no one if she just ran away.

last edited at Jun 12, 2020 10:28AM

YuriIsLife1998
joined Apr 25, 2019

You just lack empathy, as opposite of Chidori who have understand that Mai wouldn't be able to move on if she didn't try once. What could i say, you just don't understand that people could care for others even if it hurt them.

There is limitation to everything; trust kindness, empathy and so on. If I have a lover whom I love and my lover love me back, I wouldn't ask someone to confess my lover just because she/he wouldn't be able to move on otherwise. And it's not because of I don't feel sorry for them nor I don't trust my lover. It's because I don't want to seem like the one who giving my lover away. If someone confess to my lover, I wouldn't mind because I trust my lover. I just wouldn't knowingly ask other person to confess to my lover.

last edited at Jun 12, 2020 10:50AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.