Forum › Run Away With Me, Girl discussion

joined Jan 14, 2020

Chapter 3 could have been just kissing, after the confession and a half.

last edited at Jun 3, 2020 3:33PM

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

I imagine 16 will be a peek at the future of our happy couple, so 15 will be tying up loose ends. We've still got at least Doumyou to see to.

Oh yeah! The scene where Tazune goes cry on Doumyou's shoulder and tells her that he broke up with Midori, and Doumyou thinks: "YES! I did it! I broke up Tazune and Lezzie! Now all I have to do is catch him on the rebound! Tazune will be MINE, bwahahahahaah! I'm such a winner at life!"

We definitely need a scene like that, yessir. xP

joined Sep 13, 2018

I dunno why folks still have it against Doumyou so hard, like shit she didn't like, immediately gossip about her coworker being gay or w/e, just told that coworker's fiancee that she was cheating on him which is why she was maybe gone longer than expected.

I'm really hoping Doumyou learns the truth about it from Midori or something and really makes Tazune miserable when Doumyou won't act as his rebound or w/e.

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

I dunno why folks still have it against Doumyou so hard, like shit she didn't like, immediately gossip about her coworker being gay or w/e.

Walking around the city and taking photos of people who are in the middle of a physical display of affection is generally considered a jerk move.

Heck, if you're caught, there's a good chance you'll get a beating.

Claiming that you know those people and that they are cheating on someone else and that you took the pic because of this reason (to use it as evidence when/if you rat on them) actually makes it even worse.

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Was Doumyou a necessary character in this manga?

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I dunno why folks still have it against Doumyou so hard, like shit she didn't like, immediately gossip about her coworker being gay or w/e.

Walking around the city and taking photos of people who are in the middle of a physical display of affection is generally considered a jerk move.

Heck, if you're caught, there's a good chance you'll get a beating.

Claiming that you know those people and that they are cheating on someone else and that you took the pic because of this reason (to use it as evidence when/if you rat on them) actually makes it even worse.

I...don't see how? "These people are doing something that will hurt someone I care about" definitely seems like a better excuse then "i'unno, they gay?"

I mean, I'm not saying I agree with what she did, but I don't see how the reason makes it worse. It means she has a personal stake in what they're doing.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I mean, she served a function in the plot. "Necessary" is subjective, but she does illustrate how an outside perspective can be blind to the kind of abuse that goes on inside a relationship.

From her perspective, Midori is a smooth talker who swiped the guy she said she liked, possibly cheated on him with another woman. (and then skipped out on work to flounce around with her girlfriend, while not telling her fiancee where she is or when she's coming back.)

From our perspective, we know Midori was already dating Tazune (and having second thoughts) when Doumyou told her she liked him, and we know that after their relationship was "locked in" Tazune turned into an emotionally (and later physically) abusive shithead who drove Midori away, and that Maki is a sweet person who values Midori and cares for her in a way Tazune clearly doesn't.

Not saying Doumyou is a saint, mind you, she's definitely done some questionable things, but she also definitely has no reason to have a positive opinion of Midori at this point. She doesn't really have any way to know what an abusive dick Tazune is in private, either.

And this is pretty typical in a lot of abusive relationships. The abuser twists things around to hurt the reputation of the abused.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I imagine 16 will be a peek at the future of our happy couple, so 15 will be tying up loose ends. We've still got at least Doumyou to see to, and hopefully we'll see Komari one more time.

Don’t worry. She will. Komari will be appeared again talking with Midori’s kid

bubbleteabird
joined May 8, 2017

I mean, she served a function in the plot. "Necessary" is subjective, but she does illustrate how an outside perspective can be blind to the kind of abuse that goes on inside a relationship.

From her perspective, Midori is a smooth talker who swiped the guy she said she liked, possibly cheated on him with another woman. (and then skipped out on work to flounce around with her girlfriend, while not telling her fiancee where she is or when she's coming back.)

From our perspective, we know Midori was already dating Tazune (and having second thoughts) when Doumyou told her she liked him, and we know that after their relationship was "locked in" Tazune turned into an emotionally (and later physically) abusive shithead who drove Midori away, and that Maki is a sweet person who values Midori and cares for her in a way Tazune clearly doesn't.

Not saying Doumyou is a saint, mind you, she's definitely done some questionable things, but she also definitely has no reason to have a positive opinion of Midori at this point. She doesn't really have any way to know what an abusive dick Tazune is in private, either.

And this is pretty typical in a lot of abusive relationships. The abuser twists things around to hurt the reputation of the abused.

Thanks for the reply, Heavensrun! I agree with everything you said. Indeed, it seems like the author added Doumyou in order to add the outsider's perspective by highlighting how charming abusers can be to others and how the abused can become villainized in the eyes of friends and acquaintances of the abuser.

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

I...don't see how?

Nobody likes a snitch.
(Broad generalization, I know; but traditionally it's been always like that. Ymmv.)

bubbleteabird
joined May 8, 2017

On page 32, after Tazune wiped the floor, the blood transferred from the floor to the paper he was holding. I think that is an interesting symbolism. Even though Tazune scrubs the blood from his floors, he cannot completely get rid of the blood. The evidence is still there, both physically, psychologically, and symbolically. Even though he makes excuses for his physical abuse and tries to apologize, he cannot erase the fact that he hit his wife. He can give off the illusion that he is a nice guy, but the truth of his abuse will still remain in the world. His actions to cover up the domestic violence will not be enough to undo it; they never will be.

last edited at Jun 3, 2020 11:41PM

Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

THE FLAVORRRRRR

joined Sep 6, 2018

On page 32, after Tazune wiped the floor, the blood transferred from the floor to the paper he was holding. I think that is an interesting symbolism. Even though Tazune scrubs the blood from his floors, he cannot completely get rid of the blood. The evidence is still there, both physically, psychologically, and symbolically. Even though he makes excuses for his physical abuse and tries to apologize, he cannot erase the fact that he hit his wife. He can give off the illusion that he is a nice guy, but the truth of his abuse will still remain in the world. His actions to cover up the domestic violence will not be enough to undo it; they never will be.

Yeah, the symbolism was pretty cool... I’m glad the mangaka put that in. My opinion on that particular page is he basically sighed in relief that he’s done with the whole messy social obligations of being the reluctant father... he’s scott free and can resume his predatory ways. Aaaand I think doumyo will be in his sights: “The Dick Snatches the Snitch!”

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

Something I don't get: they're acting like it's the first time they make love, and Maki even says it's the first time someone who's not family sees her naked -- implying she's a virgin or something.

But I'm sure Maki, in chapter 1, seemed way more competent when it came to these matters. She met Midori again, and Midori kissed her on the mouth as a goodbye... and so, for their next date, Maki had her nails cut short -- which I read as a hint that she was expecting some good old second date sex.

And, in chapter 3, didn't they have sex that night? I mean, when they slept together at Maki's place? Or did I completely misunderstand everything about that scene???

She was saying it was the first time anyone has seen her that naked, as in completely naked in both the most emotionally and physically sense of vulnerability.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Amazing chapter

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I still don't trust Midori.

I always get the impression she got Maki wrapped around her little finger and she's using her for her own convenience.

joined Apr 29, 2018

I still don't trust Midori.

I always get the impression she got Maki wrapped around her little finger and she's using her for her own convenience.

so i am not the only one thinking that...

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

So proud of Maki and Midori. Midori still needs to win my trust, but she's going the right direction

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Funny for Tazune to say "high school is high school, but you're adults now," when he is clearly not over what happened to him back then.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Midori reminds me of the ever so coy, smart and alluring Kitsune. I want fox girl and cat girl fanarts of these two!

last edited at Jun 6, 2020 4:53AM

Technicolor_disturbance_by_kancano-d31lywi
joined Dec 5, 2019

that's funny fingering alright, but consider:

(though non-sexual)
and also i like this manga's portrayal that people can be shit and genuinely don't recognise it and maybe even look pitiable from the outsider's perspective.
I wonder if it's intentional that it's maki who melted. like, midori actually wanting to give sexual pleasure.
godspeed to them navigating the relationship with parents, bet that's going to be unpleasant.

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

Funny for Tazune to say "high school is high school, but you're adults now," when he is clearly not over what happened to him back then.

not to mention his """trauma""" was that some high school girls said something vain and he used that to justify being a misogynist

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Several people on Mangadex somehow think that punching your fiance in the face doesn't make you a piece of shit. I really hope those people never get girlfriends. (Or boyfriends if that's their thing.)

raeminyr posted:

"i have...a trauma"
"so do i tazune. a blunt force trauma, from where you hit me. B tch"

Yeah.

Beautiful closure. Altugh I'd still wanna hi-five Tazune's face with my fist.

Baseball bat would be a better option. You're likely to injure yourself punching someone that dumb in the head.

last edited at Jun 11, 2020 12:59AM

joined May 11, 2015

all this drama makes me tired

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Several people on Mangadex somehow think that punching your fiance in the face doesn't make you a piece of shit.

They obviously have a personal stake in defining down “piece of shit.”

(We don’t even need to go to “punching your pregnant fiancé in the face.”)

To reply you must either login or sign up.