Forum › Posts by himejoshis

himejoshis
Beloved L discussion 10 Feb 01:36
Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

idk if this manhua suffered the same fate as "Their Story" but it's possible the main the reason this story hasnt gotten any updates, or never will get any updates, is because of censorship in anything lgbt related in communist ch*na. so that sucks. i hope the artist is ok

what happened to "their story"?

himejoshis
Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

lol ^

last edited at May 25, 2021 9:51PM

himejoshis
Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

the little one really reminds me of tutu

himejoshis
Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

It's easy to be inside of Chiaki's head though, considering he isn't real, and this is a story that at length explores their thoughts and etc. I assume it isn't above discussion, else I don't think we'd be able to post here in its...discussion thread. Making assumptions about actual, living breathing people is rude, but once again: this isn't a real, actual person. It's a story.

Also don't see anywhere in my post where I stated the character wasn't trans.

Edit: Got in like five minutes after @Zormau. Thanks for understanding!

last edited at May 20, 2021 3:26PM

himejoshis
Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

Forth of all, he didn't just "become a guy" because of his father, like I said earlier he literally states as a kid that hes a boy from his own thoughts and feelings.

Read the manga again. He only started calling himself a man after dad told him girls couldn't go hunting/to "be a good girl and stay at home [sic]". If dad had been accepting of him as a woman who enjoyed masculine hobbies...I mean, I keep my point, I don't think Chiaki would've transitioned.

And I'm ex-trans myself...that's the entire point of me making my comment, I saw a lot of myself in this story. I could've been the one to go through breast removal and SRS, or hop on hormone therapy. I just stopped it though because I realized my dysphoria was borne of......misogyny. Hell, I deal with dysphoria now, but I understand I can't escape it by simply transitioning.

I do roughly understand that some trans people are born with chemical imbalances in their brains or whatever that make them feel their sex is wrong, but this doesn't appear to be one of those situations!

Non-binary people are real and very much trans as well.

I don't get how you can't "feel either gender", when gender is just a bundle of stereotypes people want you to act through, dependent on your sex; I also hate the concept of gender essentialism, so I dislike the idea of "non-binary" (which seems entirely based on gender essentialism). I bought into it when I was younger, but I'm older now and more critical of these things.

Of course, people can ID as what they want. I don't care if their pronouns are fae/fem or whatever, but it does make me squint.

last edited at May 20, 2021 1:34PM

himejoshis
Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

anyone know of good, psychological yuri. something reminiscent of harada (bl mangaka) works

Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

such a wild ride this manga is

himejoshis
Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

This seems like a cut and dry case of internalized misogyny, ngl. She grew up around a hyper-masculine dad -- who she probably idealized -- and decided she wanted to be just like him ( spend time with him, basic parent-child stuff ), so she became a guy. He probably wanted to escape the whole "Women must not hunt and women must be pretty and women must marry" crap too by transitioning.

I can sympathize as a woman who thought she was a man ( or @ least "non-binary" ) all throughout middle - high school...I too wanted to discard my breasts that dudes couldn't keep leering @, and stop my periods because I so Desperately wanted to avoid the path I thought I HAD to take bc I was born with a vagoo ( e.g. settle down with a man, have kids, etc. etc. etc. ), and it didn't help that I was more focused on being myself than what society says womanhood IS versus what it actually is, so I was disqualified as a woman...and my mind hopped to "oh so I must be a man right?". That's a mind-fuck but gender shit is dumb.

Not trying to invalidate him or anything, I think people can live as they want -- if being trans makes you happy then Be Trans -- I'm just offering another perspective.

I also think someone said it already, but if there weren't such strict gender roles that he was forced thru as a woman, then he probably wouldn't have became trans in the first place...I mean that's generally why it happens, you're conditioned into hating your sex because your bits are inextricable from how you must present, in modern society.

This is such an essay-post, but it gave me some real thots (tm).

last edited at May 19, 2021 2:05PM

himejoshis
Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

any yuri about fujoshi

Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

if you dislike loli why do you read itou hachi

To be fair, this one wasn't tagged with lolicon because there's no evidence of an actual romantic relationship. If it was tagged, they'd definitely have no reason to even be here, and even less reason to gripe about it.

it's itou hachi...just assume that there will be loli content. e.g. i, personally, don't go into shindol works even when they aren't tagged with #ryona, because i know already that's his entire thing and it's gonna be present somehow.

also, i feel the romantic relationship should be implied as they were lovers before the robo gf broke (when the white-haired mc herself was a loli, so? they quite literally kissed).

also also these types (antis) are even beneath her works that ARE tagged as "loli"? so yeah, i don't get why they're always here. don't like don't read

last edited at Jan 18, 2021 2:38PM

Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

okay but why chose a 9y.o body for the remake eve? the og eve is like high school(?) or whatever tf she is except loli. I know this is itou hachi but jesus christ

bc she can and she wanted to

Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

if you dislike loli why do you read itou hachi

himejoshis
Oniisama E discussion 10 Aug 17:15
Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

it's yuri but everyone ends up with a guy...i don't like how Mariko ends up with the random dude or that rei dies wtf

himejoshis
Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

ngl i'm so glad the mom's issues (still reading) aren't steeped in homophobia but rather her worrying for this pregnant woman and her kid. i mean yeah i don't WANT her to try and split them up for any reason but like...it's refreshing to m e

THE WEDDING DRESSES

last edited at Jun 29, 2020 2:25PM

Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

man this manga is cute

himejoshis
Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

this is enjoyable & im rooting for maki sensei + short-haired twin but i would love a reason as to why LONG-HAIRED twin is jumping off the deep end sp hard. like wtf

himejoshis
Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

lmao what're these comments
these aren't real people...this isn't a real situation...take a chill pill perhaps

last edited at Jun 4, 2020 2:47AM

himejoshis
Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

THE FLAVORRRRRR

himejoshis
Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

RUN AWAY
RUN AWAY GIRLS RUN AWAY
PULL A UTENA PLEASE
SOMEONE TURN INTO A car

himejoshis
Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

why is the blood still there clean the fucking floor dude

tazune's too lazy to clean and midori's probably too scared to even look @ it

last edited at Mar 7, 2020 11:37AM

himejoshis
Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

i think everyone here has been brought just a wee bit closer

himejoshis
Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

trying to argue minutiae about just what kind of dick he is or isn't

character discussion is fun tho

last edited at Feb 26, 2020 5:18PM

himejoshis
Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

Both things are pretty shitty, obviously. From what I see, commenters disagree about whether to put the blame on society or on Midori. The ones blaming her seem to be holding her personally responsible for being a shitty person, even though from a different perspective her only fault would be not being strong enough to reject the societal pressure.

oh, i see. i'm definitely in the midori sympathetic camp, then; with the way this manga is being presented we can definitely assume accepting herself as a lesbian (or a woman in a romatic relationship with another woman) would lead to a life of ostracism. i can't blame her for not wanting to deal with that.

And I said both characters were shitty and deserved each other. I never said she deserved to be abused. Paint the whole picture and don't lie by omission.

what midori did (submit to comphet) is very different and not at all on the same level as bad as what tazune did and does (misogyny)).

...and, to be very honest, i don't think being rejected by a few women and insulted by a bratty younger sister is even that big of a deal. the flashbacks weren't violent or anything. he's just perma-salty that no lady wanted to give him the business

last edited at Feb 26, 2020 3:25PM

himejoshis
Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

tazune's backstory ain't even thought out well
"oh boo hoo, he got made fun of by some girls." who caaaaares lmao

You don't actually understand how any of this works do you.

i was mostly aiming this at the people trying to paint him as someone to sympathize with
like i said, if anything, the author included this chapter to erase any doubt that he's rotten

i don't get how tagging works here either, so. @anyone what exactly did midori do wrong? i keep seeing people say she's just as bad as tazune but that's like saying...anthy's just as bad as akio

last edited at Feb 26, 2020 11:32AM

himejoshis
Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

i love this