Forum › The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

lmao these two, in every single chapter

Also,
"tact? wut dat?" - Wanko, demonstrably

last edited at Apr 11, 2020 12:49PM

joined Apr 5, 2020

Ahhhhh, that was just adorable. I love it. I need more cute flirting moments.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ahhhhh, that was just adorable. I love it. I need more cute flirting moments.

I have made it a policy to try to mainly comment on Dynasty when I have something at least vaguely substantive to say about the story rather than just how it makes me feel, but for the duration of the pandemic-social-distancing regime, I am suspending that policy.

Yes! That was just adorable. I love it. I need more cute flirting moments too!

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

This is brilliant and I like it.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

I think this is the first non-H manga where I see pubic hair drawn
https://dynasty-scans.com/system/releases/000/026/386/002.jpg

I think Berserk,Maka-Maka, and A Centaur's Life had it, and on the anime side of things, Perfect Blue had it.

last edited at Apr 11, 2020 1:35PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

That girl fucked

joined Jan 5, 2020

They’re called socks. There’s an actual word for that sort of “foot covering”. Is socks a US only thing or something?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

They’re called socks. There’s an actual word for that sort of “foot covering”. Is socks a US only thing or something?

I think the distinction is between actual socks and "not even" those minimum socks/not-quite-socks that are usually called "footies."

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

It's specifically フットカバー as opposed to 靴下. They go over the base of your feet so you have some foot protection while wearing shoes while still giving them the impression you're wearing them barefoot. They do seem to go by various names (one Mangadex user got on my case for not calling them "no-show socks"), but "foot cover" is a valid one.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This is like...really good? I hadn't heard any buzz about it, but it's actually great. Chapters are bite-sized but not actually that shallow. Series is light and fluffy, but has some actual substance to it. It's about adults(!), with an age gap, no less. A good portion of the comedy is just Wanko being an idiot in the way that we usually only are with our loved ones. This is like, my ultimate weakness!

Also Ikeda's art is like, sssooo good now?? Sasameki Koto got the job done but this is like, peak-levels for this style, not even mentioning the dynamism of its framing. The character designs are great, too - Ataru and Sakuma are just so pretty! The distinct lightness with which Sakuma is drawn and its contrast to Wanko's cute and youthful appearance is...really unique.

I wanna make a mean joke about Stretch but I'll just leave it there. Very happy I read this, thanks /u/!

Sweet Dangus McGee
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017

Wait that last page...is Ataru into Sakuma? i thought she was straight, whats happening here

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Wait that last page...is Ataru into Sakuma? i thought she was straight, whats happening here

Previous chapters (especially here) made it pretty clear that she really was in love with Sakuma, and she was probably just lying to herself about it. Apparently, her true feelings only come out when she's drunk.

last edited at Apr 18, 2020 9:34PM

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Can someone who knows japanese explain why her names sounds fake?

joined Jan 14, 2020

Haha, that bar conversation was a nice fakeout for the reader. "Sleazy old guy? Oh, photography nerd."

joined Jul 26, 2016

Wanko lives up to her nickname by having god tier abandoned puppy faces :c

joined Feb 24, 2019

Really loved that last chapter of the recent three. The other two seem like they're setting up more down the line, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

joined Jan 14, 2020

"cook them something special as revenge" seems a rather odd word choice, compared to 'payback' or 'payment'. https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_two_of_them_are_pretty_much_like_this_ch18#3

And what's with "find grass and eat that"?

joined Feb 22, 2018

"cook them something special as revenge" seems a rather odd word choice, compared to 'payback' or 'payment'. https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_two_of_them_are_pretty_much_like_this_ch18#3

I think it's a double reference:

1) Unmarried older bachelors of both genders are referred to as "grass eaters" (literally "herbivores")

2) Convenience store bentos (the kind bachelors would eat) come packed with fake, plastic grass.

Miho is basically asking Wako why she would waste so much time and energy on her seeming roommate, being in the dark about their actual relationship.

joined Jan 14, 2020

1) Weird.

2) Ah, so it is! Wouldn't have made the connection.

Thanks!

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

1) Unmarried older bachelors of both genders are referred to as "grass eaters" (literally "herbivores")

Does it apply to all bachelors? I thought it covered people who were single and weren't looking for a partner?

1) Weird.

My understanding was that it's a play on carnivores being someone who's interested in "flesh" (i.e. sex). Wikipedia has a page on the topic with this line.

According to Fukasawa, herbivore men are "not without romantic relationships, but have a non-assertive, indifferent attitude toward desires of flesh". The philosopher Masahiro Morioka defines herbivore men as "kind and gentle men who, without being bound by manliness, do not pursue romantic relationships voraciously and have no aptitude for being hurt or hurting others."

So ... yeah. It seems fairly comparable to the western concepts of alpha and beta people, and it's probably about as toxic. That said, parts of the description also sound similar to chivalry, which is interesting.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

"we've got a perceptive one over here too"
/*Keeps thinking she is doing all of that for a guy because can't think that two women are going out*

Let me say that I doubt about that perception...

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

In the context, I read that as "ah, it's a girl, she can take care of cooking on her own then", meaning that cooking is seen as no big effort for any girl, just like there's no seeming effort required to feed the cows - just let them out in the fields and they'll find the grass themselves.

last edited at May 19, 2020 5:27AM

joined May 20, 2013

Does that coworker call her Wanko?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Does that coworker call her Wanko?

In this chapter at least, yes.

joined Nov 21, 2018

Since it's a nickname based on her real name, it's probably also something commonly used. VAs seem to get nicknamed by fans a lot too.

To reply you must either login or sign up.