Forum › Posts by Sweet Dangus McGee

Sweet Dangus McGee
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017

Was reading was a smile on face. That was until page 32. Very disappointing reveal.

what’re you talking about

Sweet Dangus McGee
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017

those still hating on these characters at this point decided theyd never stop no matter what. What else can be said? cope, seethe, mald, etc etc.

Sweet Dangus McGee
Image Comments 29 Nov 21:01
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017
Fbx7g04xmautoxo-orig

gonna be honest im also lost on this one tara

Sweet Dangus McGee
Image Comments 13 Nov 13:54
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017
E5imsb3viaq1adv-orig

once again im baffled at how horny the cookie run fandom is.

Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017

this is subtext?

Sweet Dangus McGee
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017

took a few times to figure out what was going on, especially in the middle there. the panels are very cramped. very cute tho

Sweet Dangus McGee
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017

Actually speaking of the blacklist feature, is there a possibility that the blacklist can be updated to include blacklisting certain authors and/or series as well? since as it is you can only blacklist tags and doujin currently. IE I can blacklist the lolicon tag but then I still see Itou Hachi get uploaded anyway and just seeing her on my feed is upsetting, or like for this whole het situation, sometimes the het tag is just there because some side character has a straight relationship or sometimes you see straight sex but the overall story is gay or etc etc etc. I wouldn't want to blacklist the whole tag and not be able to read the stories I do actually like, I'd much prefer to blacklist those stories/authors specifically. Or whats probably common, sometimes you just don't like anything an author puts out and want to just purge them from your feed.

Basically that's three pretty common situations I've at least felt over however many years Ive been on here that a more robust blacklist system would fix. I don't imagine it's an easy fix, I'm not a software person so I wouldn't expect any change like that could come quickly. But would such an update be possible?

Sweet Dangus McGee
Image Comments 04 Oct 22:01
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017
Faxelgivebuirjq-orig

these two've been getting some more action together, did something happen

Sweet Dangus McGee
Image Comments 04 Sep 12:23
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017
92229901_p0

Sana debuted what, 2 weeks ago? 3? And since day 1 shes become The Feet Vtuber. I’m sure someone’s happy.

Sweet Dangus McGee
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017

a Nap Room?????

Sweet Dangus McGee
Image Comments 25 Apr 09:20
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017
Ezymu-lvgaaldtr-orig

no no no see you misunderstand, thats exactly my point! When I make the comparison I don't mean to say "oh its all fake, its all scripted, just accept that, grr" but to bring kayfabe in as a way to understand whats going on here. No I don't think its scripted. We know that the actresses have a lot of input into their personas, and are no doubt mostly filtering their own genuine selves through the lens of that persona. But think of the dedication that takes, to do that 4-9 hours straight however many days every week! Particularly the ones who're doing a voice too. Like, in wrestling which is a whole other level of manufactured content I'll give you that, I think the thing is that no matter how much booking you put on someone or how favorable you want them to be seen by the audience no matter how good of a gimmick, it all comes down to the strength of the performer to make it work. Like, think of how memorable the Macho Man is so many years later, or like those fuckin, Da Vinky twins. Even if the vtubers persona is almost entirely 90 percent themself with a little gimmick, its ultimately still A Performance like anything is when you have an audience like that. And like I think I'm mainly talking about The Big-to-Medium Vtuber Companies here, the ones Engaging With Quintessential Vtuberness, not like small independent streamers who're just adding a little persona and doing their regular thing. Honestly this is already what streamers are doing but to the next level.

And this is why like, fan engagement like shipping and backstory is encouraged and made in a way that isn't creepy the way it is with like, those gross minecraft streamers or whatever. Because of the distance that is made, because there is a real effort to protect the identities of the actresses playing them, what people are engaging with here is this remarkable concoction of the original gimmick, the anime woman on screen, the streamer's personality being filtered behind the persona to varying degrees, the layer of performance, the streamer's genuine self as expressed through performance, and the context of the wider Culture of Vtubers around it.

And I don't think that's cynical at all! Rather, it's a pretty remarkable thing, no?

Sweet Dangus McGee
Image Comments 25 Apr 01:02
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017
Ezymu-lvgaaldtr-orig

Normally I think its pretty weird and usually shitty to ship real people with audiences like streamers or musicians or whatever but the thing about vtubers, or at least Vtubers with a capital V, that makes it so different is like, the distance between the Person streaming and the Persona they're playing. And its a meaningful difference, the awareness the audience has that these anime women are a character being put on to a much bigger extent than most other streamers, who have to maintain a distance or else fall into an unhealthy parasocial relationship that we've all seen get only ever end poorly. And vtubers are also definitely feeding heavily into that parasocial relationship building, but that's all part of the relationship here.

I know the obvious comparison here is the idol industry, but honestly I think vtubers are most akin to Wrestlers. They come in to the audience with all these pre-written gimmicks and basic storylines planned and then come out to perform these characters to their audience for hours on end in kayfabe. And sure these personas are probably inspired by the real person, we can assume they have input into who they turn out to be/how much stays in kayfabe and what follows them around, and sometimes real life gets intertwined with the Storylines like Kiara visiting Callie or Crossick forming a real relationship, but just like we know when the Undertaker takes off his hat and becomes Mark William Callaway he isn't out here summoning skeletons to defeat brock lesner or whatever the fuck, we know the actress playing Kiara probably isn't herself a bird woman pining for death incarnate. Of course there will always be a fascination to peer behind the mask, to see for yourself whats real and what really is just kayfabe, but at the end of the day its a weird art form and we're just here to watch sweaty dudes beat the shit out of each other and/or anime girls flirt with each other in Minecraft. TLDR No matter how much we speculate vtubers are ultimately just a performance and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, recognizing this will only make for a better experience for everyone.

(though i hope the vtuber industry doesn't also have all the horrible labor and racism issues the WWE has!)

Sweet Dangus McGee
Image Comments 13 Apr 00:19
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017
Eysjmttviaecpog-orig

spoilers?

Sweet Dangus McGee
Image Comments 11 Apr 20:32
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017
Eytpbfsweamyky8-orig

you know what youre right. i guess what i meant was i never understood why people are so passionate for it. by and large people can ship whatever they want to a point

Sweet Dangus McGee
Image Comments 11 Apr 11:57
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017
Eytpbfsweamyky8-orig

i dont see it

Sweet Dangus McGee
Image Comments 11 Apr 00:59
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017
Eytpbfsweamyky8-orig

the arts lovely but ive never understood the pairing.

Sweet Dangus McGee
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017

nooo! premature end! aw well it got a better run than most

Sweet Dangus McGee
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017

it really does not help this series at all that its only a monthly. Talk to each other, damn you! And also talk to your damn roommates the secrecy is absolutely not helping.

Honestly even if she's a little dense and moping and theres the old blush-excused-by-fever trope, and also the lesbians-cant-read-the-most-obvious-signals thing and the whole Japanese cultural perspective on schoolgirl lesbians in mind-I'm honestly surprised that Kase didn't pick up on her roommate crushing on her, even a little? Like even with all that in mind, Kase was always the one in this relationship who seemed to have had actual experience understanding like, for lack of a better word, understanding herself as a lesbian, you know? That's to say, while Yamada was forced to reckon with her attraction to women very suddenly with Kase, Kase very much always seemed to be aware of her attraction, her sexual desires, and most importantly, her insecurities always seem to have been informed by her awareness of her own marginalization, her awareness that she is the subject of prejudice and social stigmatization, her awareness of the heartbreak she seems constantly prepared for. And I mean this is a pretty light hearted story and all but this shit is like, the cornerstone of her insecurities around Yamada who is incredible and why she has such difficulty opening up in the first place, right?

That was a long rant but the point is, with all this in mind, it's still surprising to me that roommate can do a super obvious "if i were a guy i'd date you" or whatever, and this doesn't ring ANY of her bells? This doesn't give her even a moment of pause? Maybe im just annoyed cuz theres so many easily avoidable misunderstandings and this one with the roommate's just gone soooooo long.

Sweet Dangus McGee
Image Comments 27 Mar 17:27
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017
Ern-rvjuuamp_7m-orig

is this in reference to some stream i wonder

Sweet Dangus McGee
Image Comments 26 Mar 23:16
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017
Ern-rvjuuamp_7m-orig

oh my

Sweet Dangus McGee
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017

omegaverse? seriously?

Sweet Dangus McGee
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017

This weirded me out at first since these are partial panels from something Maren released on Patreon so I was a little worried it got stolen or something. I'm guessing it's fine though since this isn't the full thing.

Anyway, this is a masterpiece so I'm glad that more people got to see it.

this is the partial comic she posted on twitter today. Consider buying the whole thing! It's beautiful for sure

Sweet Dangus McGee
Image Comments 12 Jan 00:43
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017
Eqpidfsuwaaywwf-orig

ugh

Sweet Dangus McGee
Image Comments 01 Jan 22:05
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017
Eqfxvf_u0aih-m1-orig%20(1)

oh this is gorgeous