Forum › The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This discussion

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ugh... Same, old trope to start a "yuri route" in adult life.

Some people are bi or discover their preferences late, you shouldn't be bitter about that.

I like this, usually the cliché is that it's pretty much always the older woman who introduces the younger one to same-sex relationships.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I'm loving this. I hope the next one continues a bit with the backstory. I wanna see how Wanko charmed her!

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Some people are bi or discover their preferences late, you shouldn't be bitter about that.

I like this, usually the cliché is that it's pretty much always the older woman who introduces the younger one to same-sex relationships.

I'm not a fan of this trope more because it portrays same sex attraction in women as still revolving around men in the form of being hurt by men pushing them towards women. It treats it like some kind of trauma response and leads into all kinds of gross mindsets about "fixing" sapphic women.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Meanwhile Wanko clearly hasn't had much doubt about which way she swings for some time.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

...I just realized who Sakuma reminds me of: Quistis from Final Fantasy 8. I thought I was getting weirdly familiar vibes from her design!

20190203_135245
joined Mar 5, 2016

Wanko gets it

joined Feb 23, 2016

She did it though

Screen%20shot%202017-11-22%20at%201.04.04%20pm
joined Nov 18, 2017

I'm not a fan of this trope more because it portrays same sex attraction in women as still revolving around men in the form of being hurt by men pushing them towards women. It treats it like some kind of trauma response and leads into all kinds of gross mindsets about "fixing" sapphic women.

I don't hate this trope, but I do think it would be refreshing to see two people meet up like... Normal people, like in a dating site or gay club or just knowing people who are gay or friends who know people who are gay. I feel we don't see enough of that, with the only real long lasting story I can think of doing that being Shiminami Tasogare... Which isn't so much yuri as it is a look into the LGBT community.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Wanko's got game.

joined Feb 18, 2015

YAY! Backstory!

joined Jun 12, 2019

Ehhh

joined Jul 26, 2016

Wanko is smooth af holy shit

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

LOL @ the guy who passed by and saw what Sakuma's writing about.

This is why I still use a pen and notebook instead of a laptop when I'm at cafes writing drafts or whatever.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

May the mangaka pull more side jokes like that in the future, she has the sophisticated skills for it.

*he

https://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=4252

Leave it to the guys to write actually sensible/good manga without unnecessary melodrama to drag it along the mud :^)

Go fuck yourself

last edited at Mar 7, 2020 1:09AM

Riamu
joined Aug 28, 2018

May the mangaka pull more side jokes like that in the future, she has the sophisticated skills for it.

*he

Leave it to the guys to write actually sensible/good manga without unnecessary melodrama to drag it along the mud :^)

Why are you like this, what is wrong with you.

last edited at Mar 7, 2020 1:30AM

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

*he

Leave it to the guys to write actually sensible/good manga without unnecessary melodrama to drag it along the mud

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Mayuri_icon
joined Jun 24, 2015

*he

Why are you like this, what is wrong with you.

I've noticed through reading the forums that this Omegand guy likes to spout these sort of stupid shit lol which is most likely to rile people up. You can see that he uses 4chan sort of language too. Probably just a dumb kid

Also, ...nice...

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Just normal.

Skulltroop_far_wht
joined Jun 3, 2018

Things have been getting really normal around here lately.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Futsu~

... or something.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Nice

joined May 1, 2015

Nothing gay here, just normal.
Also, what am I doing at a sweets shop?

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

I am having a difficult time trying to imagine how Sakuma is saying "normal" such that it caused all those patrons to blush and think that was "nice".

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I am having a difficult time trying to imagine how Sakuma is saying "normal" such that it caused all those patrons to blush and think that was "nice".

I think that's more the narrator's opinion.

To reply you must either login or sign up.