Forum › Your Everything discussion

Ohno
joined Nov 13, 2018

I get that adding an incest tag would spoil the plot twist, but couldn't incest potentially be a trigger for some people? I know that there is an abundance of works featuring incest on this site so I'm not here to argue whether it's good or bad.I just feel that certain tags such as the rape tag could also be a spoiler, yet it's there to allow people to view the work at their own discretion. I'm not saying that this work depicted incest in a way that's as traumatic as rape, but I'd like to know other perspectives relating to this point and whether you feel it's a double-standard or not.

joined Jan 6, 2018

I get that adding an incest tag would spoil the plot twist, but couldn't incest potentially be a trigger for some people? I know that there is an abundance of works featuring incest on this site so I'm not here to argue whether it's good or bad.I just feel that certain tags such as the rape tag could also be a spoiler, yet it's there to allow people to view the work at their own discretion. I'm not saying that this work depicted incest in a way that's as traumatic as rape, but I'd like to know other perspectives relating to this point and whether you feel it's a double-standard or not.

Agreed, if I know it’s incest then I most likely wouldn’t have read it. TBH it’s a cute story with a twist and good art! It’s just the incest thing kinda bother me, but to each their own.

Screen%20shot%202017-11-22%20at%201.04.04%20pm
joined Nov 18, 2017

When she said her father died, I instantly scrolled up to check if the incest tag was there, was relieved it wasn't, then cursed myself when the wrist came.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Ouch

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

That drama tag...it's so misleading, sometimes there's not much but sometimes BAM your feelings get crushed. I'm glad there wasnt a pseudo incest tag otherwise I would've been spoilt thank you dynasty crew. Bitter as it was it still was a great one shot.

Umi_smol
joined May 1, 2016

Loving the art, but man, it got predictable half-way through. And not in the good way.

joined Jul 8, 2019

Why does this not have the incest tag?

Because for some it would be considered spoiling the twist.

also she only SUSPECTS it might be the case, so maybe the pseudo incest could be better

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

Oh no, an absolutely predictable plot twist incoming, but we can not put that tag because iT's GuNna bE sPOilEr. Might as well get rid of the tags for good.

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

THE PLOT TWIST OH MY GOD
FRUCKING SCREECH
Ok, i saw it coming, but i though "Nah, the mangaka wouldn't go ape shit like that"
BUT THEY DID!

last edited at May 7, 2020 5:54AM

Ohno
joined Nov 13, 2018

also she only SUSPECTS it might be the case, so maybe the pseudo incest could be better

Pseudo incest has a defined meaning though. You can't just apply it blindly whenever something is a little too ambiguous. Maki was established as the daughter of Hibari's dad but there was never any indication that Maki was adopted. Therefore, based on what we have, we can only assume that they're blood-related. Whether or not the Incest tag should be applied is up for debate. Pseudo incest should not because that would be inaccurate.

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Oof.

Ao3
joined Apr 23, 2019

I fucking loved this. No further words.

joined Oct 9, 2011

Honestly, I just find the incest plot twist to be pointless.
Seriouy, it wasnt needed.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

even if you really are related ... and even if your sister were like 10yo there would be nothing wrong with it coz we all perverts in here lol))))

D2ad4ba6-d1f7-4800-86c3-5a64a1f1e50f
joined Jan 15, 2017

Uh..... I don’t like incest...

Then don't read it???

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

The​ problem​ for​ incest is​ inbreeding​ but​ if​ it​ is​ homosexual incest, problem​ solved.​

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

hep, for some reason i was expecting to be punched in the gut... more plz XD

Img_20190107_054630
joined Jan 26, 2019

I don't really see an issue with their relationship, but I guess that's just me

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Uh..... I don’t like incest...

Then don't read it???

It's harder when there is not the tag

Promo-facebook-facebook%20profile%20picture
joined May 24, 2014

I think I've been ruined by SayoHina and AnnaElsa because it took me quite a while to realize what the problem is supposed to be XD

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

Woah, now I was not expecting that. Nice story overall.

I really like the arstyle, I'd like this to be a series.

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

Ouf. She is thirsty for a little half-sister.

joined Sep 5, 2018

I actually don't mind incest in fiction works but irl it would be disgusting tbh, but I wonder if such a coincidence would actually happen IRL

It does. From what I’ve read, the most likely cause is that one (or both) of them was adopted and they didn’t grow up together, then meet as adults. Based on the low amount of yearly convictions in my country, I’m guessing that it happens a few hundred times per year worldwide, though the dark figure might be higher because the involved parties might never find out.

would the feelings of love disappear because of the fact they are related?

I think it would depend on their own opinions on incest, which is of course influenced by the society they live in and their religious believes. If they believe all incest is a sin and must be condemned, I guess they’d probably fall out of love pretty quickly. If they believe that the incestuous relationship itself isn’t the problem (after all, there is no victim in a consensual incestuous relationship that does not meet other criteria like paedophilia or abuse of dependency) and only inbreeding is, they’d probably keep loving each other.

last edited at May 7, 2020 9:46AM

Tumblr_b9119341864f4a413e9ee9aac568bb24_2bec616a_1280%20(1)
joined Apr 2, 2020

i checked her twitter and i don’t there this a sequel... to think that she also wrote tankobu. i’m sad now

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Honestly this is like the test case for moral incest. There is no chance for any genetic problems in their children, nor is there any power imbalance at work considering they didn't know they were half-sisters before they started dating

I think this sums it up.

Also, to people complaining about the lack of an incest tag: Dynasty mods oppose tags that spoil major plot twists, with the sole exception of very triggering material such as rape. This has been discussed in the past regarding other similar stories (check the forum thread on Marionette by Takemiya Jin) and their decision is final. So no use complaining about it here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.