Forum › Run Away With Me, Girl discussion

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

oh no

but also how did he find her?

Edit:

Thank you for clarifying that you're also an apologist for thinly veiled misogynist/toxically masculine wish-fulfillment, Lilliwyt. I don't doubt you're looking forward to Redo of Healer as well.

I've never seen that one. (Which is a good thing I haven't?)

This will tell you all that you need to know. (Don't miss my comment at the bottom.)

I never mentioned it, but that article got me really interested in Twelve Kingdoms.

I admittedly mostly use another popular manga site because I like being able to follow the stuff I read that's on there but not on here at the same time

oh my god the comments are something. I guess everyone there who reads this is reading it because they identify with tazune and are rooting for the uppity women to get put in their place

That kind of guy makes me really wish I wasn't a guy myself, sometimes.

Edit 2: where did you find those comments? Even looking for them on purpose, I couldn't find anyone siding with Tazune. I only searched on Mangadex and Mangakakalot though.

last edited at May 6, 2020 1:30AM

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

DONT FUCKING GRIP HER ARM YOU SHIT

last edited at May 6, 2020 1:14AM

Little Red Rum
joined Mar 6, 2015

Prepare that fist, Maki. Just in case.

joined Dec 28, 2019

Tazune coming up like that shook the hell out of me-
Everything about his expression spoke trouble and I can only imagine what's coming up

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

oh my god the comments are something. I guess everyone there who reads this is reading it because they identify with tazune and are rooting for the uppity women to get put in their place

That kind of guy makes me really wish I wasn't a guy myself, sometimes.

Edit 2: where did you find those comments? Even looking for them on purpose, I couldn't find anyone siding with Tazune. I only searched on Mangadex and Mangakakalot though.

I mean, even earlier in this thread there were people defending Tazune's bullshit. It mostly cleared up when he actually hit her on-page, which imo is remarkably indicative of how discussion about misogynist trash tends to go irl.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Oh, shit... He's gonna push her in the tracks...

My first thought and biggest fear the moment I saw him: he's going to push one of them on the tracks.

God please let me be wrong, my heart could not take it...

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Shoot the fucker dead.

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

Oh, shit... He's gonna push her in the tracks...

My first thought and biggest fear the moment I saw him: he's going to push one of them on the tracks.

God please let me be wrong, my heart could not take it...

It would be nice if Maki and Midori teamed to turn the tables on Tazune though

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

when he grabbed her i literally got spooked irl ???? the power

Same lol I actually made the ugliest sound...

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Ok, time for battle...or death I guess.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

He's not gonna throw anyone in front of a train. But I bet he WILL slap her again or something like that. And when it happens I hope Maki opens up a giant can of whoopass on him.

joined Dec 5, 2019

wow, what a chapter, Midori finally realizing that good things can happen outside of dreams, the proposal and everything

I, too, am glad that Tezune showed up now, Midori was walking into a trap if she went alone to the apartment since they don't know that Tezune knows about the kiss, so now they are at a public place and they are both together, this meeting was bound to happen sooner or later so I guess it's better that it happens now

again, the grip and the calm expression on Tezune just creeps me the fuck out, that is one hell of a good representation of the "nice guy" abuser

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

I'm not a woman normally given to violence. In fact I typically abhor and argue vehemently against it. But Tezune's face in that final panel. I want to break it. Badly.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

And given her behavior, I get the sense that she was just waiting for the dream to end and for Midori to go back to Tazune.

There prolly was a little of that. Midori is a dreamer, but Maki is a woman with both feet solidly on the ground. The idea that Midori, once their little escapade was over, would cave under social pressure and return to her "husband" Tazune was not at all unreasonable and could not be discarded just like that. It would be understandable for Maki to hold such fears.

Of course, those fears were blasted to smithereens once Midori proposed. By the end of the chapter, we see them making plans for their future together... in particular, how they will deal with Tazune and whether Midori alone or both of them together should go tell him that he has been dumped.

She still loves her, but she has no faith that Midori will stay with her.

Hello? PROPOSAL! All doubts has been cleared by the final pages!

I don't think I explained my thoughts very well. At the point in the story where I am suggesting that she might have contacted Tazune, she had no faith that Midori wants an actual relationship. She thinks she's just running away from a difficult time in her relationship with Tazune. The proposal is the first moment where she starts to clue in to the thought processes that we've been seeing from Midori. I'm not saying she has zero faith at the end of the chapter, I'm saying she had zero faith through like, page 30.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if she still had lingering doubts that need to be squashed. And what better way to squash doubts than by having the two of them weather a crisis moment together? Midori needs to understand how insecure Maki has been about her feelings, and they really need to affirm their relationship at this point.

I for one I'm glad Tazune showed up at the station. I didn't like one bit Midori's decision to go meet him all by herself. It looked to me like a direct route to a big domestic violence incident. Thank goodness, now the asshole will have to deal with both of them at the same time. And in a public place, too. Better a hundred times than having Midori face Tazune alone, one against one, in an apartment that belongs to him.

Eh, there's drawbacks to this, too. Best case scenario, Maki isn't responsible for his appearance, in which case....well, that's pretty fuckin' scary, right? Conveys to Midori that "Hey, no, you can't confront him in private on your own terms, he could literally show up anywhere you are." It also shows that he is willing to fucking stalk her to claim her, which is somewhat dangerous behavior. Guys like Tazune also don't respond very well to public shaming.

But I agree, this was gonna happen anyway, and it's better if it doesn't happen when they're apart.

Unless Maki is the one that called him, in which case the next chapter is gonna have feels. ;p

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

I can already tell how this scene is going to go down and I’m not sure I’m ready for this. I don’t think I can bear to see either of them get hurt, and I’ve got a horrible feeling that’s about to happen. I really hope I’m wrong. I really, really, really hope I’m wrong.

SmallFriendlyScorpion
Smallfriendlyscorpioncompressed
joined Apr 25, 2020

A spoiler for the next chapter:

Note: I don't think this is going to spoil that much, still, avert it if you don't like spoilers! :)

If you're really upset by ch.13's ending, uh, just know that:
Nothing violent or bad happened. (I mean I did root for Maki to hit Tazune, but.)

last edited at May 6, 2020 2:39PM

ypassionnate
joined Apr 29, 2018

How the frick-frack would he even find her though?!

Maybe they share the same credit card info Midori did use her card to take money out of the atm. Tazune could have looked at the transaction statements.. and found the location that way.. makes sense to me

I hope it's something like that, but I'm a bit worried about Maki's behavior in this chapter. She wasn't around for Midori's "we're lovers" proclamation, she was absolutely stunned at the "I wanna spend my life by your side" proposal. And given her behavior, I get the sense that she was just waiting for the dream to end and for Midori to go back to Tazune. Given that, she might have messaged or called Tazune herself, thinking she could smooth things over for Midori. That "I have to go back for my phone" bit just feels a little suspicious to me.

I could be wrong, but the issue we have at this point is that we've seen how Midori is coming around to the realization that yes, she actually CAN choose to be with the girl she loves instead of marrying the abusive jackass, but Maki doesn't know any of that. She still loves her, but she has no faith that Midori will stay with her. So I think that's the problem that defines our climax, here.

the solution is easier.i think it's through midori's mother. midori probably answered to her question when she asked "where are you?". so the mother was probably the one to tell him. remember that is a detail that the author wouldn't have shown us if it wasn't actually relevant.

last edited at May 6, 2020 3:21PM

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Imho that guy found Midori either through ATM records or with Doumyou's help. The latter is more likely. Remember how, last time they were together, he asked her to do something for him? I suspect he made her call Midori to get the info. Doumyou probably played the "worried friend" card and tricked Midori into revealing her whereabouts.

It had never occurred to me, until I read some of the comments, that Maki could have called Tazune. Sure, the whole "I forgot my phone" scene looks suspicious... but, the way I see things, it was just a means to get Maki out of the pic for a few minutes, so that Midori could have a tête à tête with the inn manager. There's no way in hell Maki would call Tazune to ask him to take Midori back.

(I mean, if Tazune was a nice guy and Midori was simply going through some sexual confusion after a lesbian fling, there is a chance Maki could have decided to push Midori back into her husband's arms for her own good... but Tazune is a woman-beater and a total piece of garbage, and Maki would have to be crazier than a tree full of owls to think Midori can be happy with a man like him.)

last edited at May 6, 2020 5:18PM

ypassionnate
joined Apr 29, 2018

oh i'm verry sorry!! i didn't understand it was maki's mother calling! i take back what i said. it was a huge stupidity!

last edited at May 6, 2020 4:05PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

"I never mentioned it, but that article got me really interested in Twelve Kingdoms."

Excellent! Hope you enjoy it. It's one of my favorites.

(Not from a yuri POV though, except in fanfic. It is a strikingly sexless franchise. Even the art on danbooru was respectful and sedate, tending to elaborate clothes.)

joined Dec 13, 2015

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR MAKI?!
PUNCH THE $HIT OUTTA TAZUNE!!!
DONT LET HIM GRAB YOUR WOMAN LIKE THAT!!!

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

The conflict makes no sense since the two fiancés don't actually care about each other and only decided to get married to save face. She accidently got impregnated by a guy and he accidently impregnated a chick he only grip the goblin to in another story.

That's why this conflict on them being unfaithful and uncaring toward each other feels extremely forced. Why tell me how and why they don't care for each other and then proceed to treat every other interaction as if they do? They're only a couple in name so why should sorry or want something bad to happen to either of them if they cheat on each other?

Because this isn’t a court of law judging correct behavior, or a “Which Character Do You Want to Be Friends With?” reality show, but a story, with Maki and Midori as the main couple.

Midori didn’t get married to “save face”—she got married because that’s what she thought her life trajectory was supposed to be according to the society she lives in. That’s why she left Maki in the first place, long before she met Tazune.

Tazune obviously doesn’t “care for” Midori in any recognizable sense of the word—he’s just abusive and controlling because of what he perceived as past humiliations.

That anybody reads this story as treating “each interaction” between Tazune and Midori as if “they care for each other” makes me despair of basic public literacy.

Damn. I always appreciate Blastaar for saying the things I'm thinking whenever I'm in the comments.

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR MAKI?!
PUNCH THE $HIT OUTTA TAZUNE!!!

Problem is, Tazune is a big strong guy, and he looks very fit. Otoh, Maki is woefully out of shape and frankly I don't think she has too much of a chance in a fistfight against Tazune.

If things turn violent, I sure hope she finds a lead pipe nearby at hand.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Imho that guy found Midori either through ATM records or with Doumyou's help. The latter is more likely. Remember how, last time they were together, he asked her to do something for him? I suspect he made her call Midori to get the info. Doumyou probably played the "worried friend" card and tricked Midori into revealing her whereabouts.

It had never occurred to me, until I read some of the comments, that Maki could have called Tazune. Sure, the whole "I forgot my phone" scene looks suspicious... but, the way I see things, it was just a means to get Maki out of the pic for a few minutes, so that Midori could have a tête à tête with the inn manager. There's no way in hell Maki would call Tazune to ask him to take Midori back.

(I mean, if Tazune was a nice guy and Midori was simply going through some sexual confusion after a lesbian fling, there is a chance Maki could have decided to push Midori back into her husband's arms for her own good... but Tazune is a woman-beater and a total piece of garbage, and Maki would have to be crazier than a tree full of owls to think Midori can be happy with a man like him.)

I don't mean she called him to ask him to take her back. I mean she was assuming that Midori was going to go back on her own, but she also knows now that Tazune can get violent when he's upset, and she knows Maki has been ignoring his calls and texts. My thinking was that she might have called him to try and give him some kind of story that would abate his temper, Like "Hey, Midori asked me to call because her cell doesn't get reception here in (current location) but she isn't ignoring you so don't be mad at her she's coming home soon." Like her goal was just to make sure he didn't have a violent outburst at her when she inevitably returned. In this hypothetical situation, she wouldn't have expected him to come find them based on her story, she just would have been trying to keep him from getting mad at Midori.

She wasn't considering the possibility that Midori was really seriously considering leaving Tazune for her, which is why when Midori actually proposes exactly that, she's stupified.

last edited at May 8, 2020 1:36PM

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

^ That... actually makes a good amount of sense. :/
Oh man, if you're right, next chapter is going to be high on the DRAMA.

To reply you must either login or sign up.