Forum › Age Gap Sisters Who Have Reached That Age discussion

joined Jan 21, 2020

They're judging it through the lens of real life; boomerism has nothing to do with it.

Same thing with real life, what's the problem if they're cute girls?

To rephrase the question, besides biological issues (which dont matter if you just dont have kids), whats intrinsically wrong about consensual incest ?

last edited at Apr 9, 2020 6:54PM

type1japaribun
joined Apr 9, 2020

They're judging it through the lens of real life; boomerism has nothing to do with it.

To rephrase the question, besides biological issues (which dont matter if you just dont have kids), whats intrinsically wrong about consensual incest ?

Nothing

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Incest debates...

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Now I haven't watched JoJo, but I've seen enough memes to see that this character looks suspiciously JoJo-like.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Now I haven't watched JoJo, but I've seen enough memes to see that this character looks suspiciously JoJo-like.

Bzzt you lost, it's a Code Geass meme.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Bzzt you lost, it's a Code Geass meme.

As long as I'm concerned, it's (to quote Boris from the YT channel Life of Boris) "Meh, close enough.".

Which reminds me, it's been many months since I've watched something from that guy. Maybe I should check in on that gopnik comrade again.

last edited at Apr 10, 2020 7:16AM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Me right now

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

In this case, we'd be talking about an adult-minor relationship involving an authority figure(with an intrinsic status as such, rather than the more transient authorities of teachers, etc). Like I said, dragging this into the real world isn't a good idea if you want it to remain cute.

joined Jan 21, 2020

In this case, we'd be talking about an adult-minor relationship involving an authority figure(with an intrinsic status as such, rather than the more transient authorities of teachers, etc). Like I said, dragging this into the real world isn't a good idea if you want it to remain cute.

Except that i specified "intrinsically wrong with consensual incest" rather then talking about this specific example, which if the age gap makes it ilegal, it isnt really consensual.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Except that i specified "intrinsically wrong with consensual incest" rather then talking about this specific example, which if the age gap makes it ilegal, it isnt really consensual.

That sounds like some rather selective invocation of legality, just sayin'.

joined Jan 21, 2020

What that sounds like is me arguing about the moality of incest in general, not about this specific example. Obviously you cant just take an example that is already problematic due to other reasons, point at that and go: "see incest is bad".

blatant_harvester
Snpl
joined Feb 16, 2013

New Chapter

Childhood Injuries vs Adult Pains

Homura-devil
joined May 7, 2018

NANI?! Reversal?!

type1japaribun
joined Apr 9, 2020

I wish the chapters would be translated faster. I love incest yuri.

last edited at Apr 14, 2020 1:57AM

joined Sep 13, 2018

mfw i have the same age gap with my lil sister.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

DridyEXE posted:

What that sounds like is me arguing about the moality of incest in general, not about this specific example. Obviously you cant just take an example that is already problematic due to other reasons, point at that and go: "see incest is bad".

I totally agree, it's just against a morality which is culturally made (due to biological reasons that don't work anymore). I see therefore no problem at all. I'm not really a fan of the genre, but I'm not against it either.

joined Jun 25, 2017

I need like a consistent story between these two. They are too cute.

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

That really is the most common interpretation of the law, though. The underage limit basically says they are too young to make informed decisions about such topics, in a practical sense this isn't necessarily true, but it would be in a legal sense

There are practical problems with incest too, though, even if they are both at a consensual age. But for the most part, it's only judged with "ew, that's kinda gross", which isn't a fantastic argument at any rate.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

"Which would you like first, dinner or a bath?"

What is this shit!?

Where is the "or me?" option!?!?!??

Azusa, you fail as an imouto.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

70th

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

"Which would you like first, dinner or a bath?"

What is this shit!?

Where is the "or me?" option!?!?!??

Azusa, you fail as an imouto.

Like all students much do are to find x. So what imouto did here is hidding the x in dinner and bath. If her sister chose bath the will be smex in the bath or if she chose dinner it will be served hot on the body. And if she cannot chose just actack. Now I called that smart.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

So it looks like a lot of the replies to this kind of sidestepped the actual question, so I'm gonna jump in the middle here and throw out my perspective on this question:

Ignoring the inherent power dynamics in a lot of incestuous relationships: (An older sibling or parent has a LOT of emotional sway over their younger sibling or child, and that can lead to really problematic dynamics, even if both parties are consenting adults.)

The function of the family in every day life (when it works, that is) is to provide stable material and emotional support to people, especially while they're in the developing stages of life. They're there for you (in principle, if you have a shitty family I'm not trying to blow that off)) no matter what is going on in your life

Romantic entanglements are complicated and messy. They have higher highs and lower lows than any other kind of human interaction. Sex gets those endorphins pumping and this can lead to posessiveness, jealousy, frustration, bliss, agony, fear, confidence...And most romantic relationships don't work out. On average, people go through five or six relationships before they find "the one" and most relationships with exes are...fraught.

Generally speaking, you have the entirety your preferred gender to choose from on this risky venture, and with most people, if it doesn't work out, you just go your seperate ways and stay out of each other's way.

Now imagine that your ex is your mom's daughter, That she's at all family occasions, that you are obligated to attend her wedding, or babysit her kids. You can walk away from that relationship, sure, but then that puts strain on everybody else in your family, even if they are accepting of the original relationship, which they probably definitely are not. Basically, don't piss in your drinking water.

Fact of the matter is, if you get a crush on a sibling or parent, and you let that crush sit in the background, you'll probably get over it and move on to a healthier relationship. But if you act on it, you could nuke your entire family, destroy everybody's support structures, and probably ruin some lives.

last edited at Apr 14, 2020 2:57PM

Ok6w_kokdtoqqqldbioparunlpmilxcjwpbtwulrt1y
joined Apr 23, 2019

I am quite happy to be the first to reply to this post !
I think you have an OVERWHELMINGLY pessimistic representation of relationships.
They're not only doom and gloom, they're also wholesome and make you more than you are.
According to people having been in such consensual relationships (or that they FELT to be so), the feelings are just nothing like your usual relationship.
It's something out of this world. So, you don't "break up" in this situation, if sex becomes a normal part of your normal "sibling" or "parental" love, there is no turning back. I don't see how you can stop to love your mother or father just because you now have sex with them. You knew and loved them before, or you wouldn't bang them anyway.
You can't really have a "crush" on someone you know for years, it has to be much deeper.
And last point: not acting or coming to term with one's feeling and attraction, causes a lot of emotional damage too: if you have a strong, unexpressed desire for YEARS for your kid or the opposite, it's likely to ferment and turn to hatred or resentment.
True love is not something easy to sweep under the carpet without consequences... And familial love is more likely than not, to be very intense and genuine.

last edited at Apr 14, 2020 5:08PM

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

^ I wholeheartedly agree with this. As Haruka says in the 6th episode of Sailor Moon S ("Let Moon Help With Your Love Problems") when she and Michiru beat everyone at the Love Strength contest but retire without claiming the prize: "You cannot judge love from the outside! Love is everything!" There's no need to test or measure or categorize two people's affection for each other, much less criticize or condemn.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I am quite happy to be the first to reply to this post !
I think you have an OVERWHELMINGLY pessimistic representation of relationships.

I mean, there's nothing pessimistic about it, it's just statistics. The average person will date 5-6 people in their lifetime. Some people just date one, some date 20. Some have lifelong relationships, some never settle with anybody, but on average, -most- of the people you are likely to date are not going to be your one and only. You don't have to take my word for it, do a spot poll on pretty much any group of people you meet.

How many people in this group are currently dating the first person they ever went for?

I bet it's a small number.

They're not only doom and gloom, they're also wholesome and make you more than you are.
According to people having been in such consensual relationships (or that they FELT to be so), the feelings are just nothing like your usual relationship.

Yeah, that's kinda what I said? The highs are higher, the lows are lower. Everything's elevated. I've been there, believe me.

It's something out of this world. So, you don't "break up" in this situation, if sex becomes a normal part of your normal "sibling" or "parental" love, there is no turning back. I don't see how you can stop to love your mother or father just because you now have sex with them. You knew and loved them before, or you wouldn't bang them anyway.

(rubs face) Oh my sweet summer child. Do you honestly think that if you are in love with someone, you'll never break up? Because people do. People do all the time. I've had literal dozens of friends go through breakups with their "one and only". Some got dumped, some did the dumping, sometimes it was just a mutual souring of the relationship. People grow and change. But even when the breakup is fairly amicable (and they frequently aren't), it's still really hard to be around the person.

You can't really have a "crush" on someone you know for years, it has to be much deeper.

You're -adorable-

And last point: not acting or coming to term with one's feeling and attraction, causes a lot of emotional damage too: if you have a strong, unexpressed desire for YEARS for your kid or the opposite, it's likely to ferment and turn to hatred or resentment.

Yeah, no. I don't buy this for a moment. You have to -process- those feelings in a healthy way, but it is absolutely possible to be attracted to someone, to recognize that it's a bad idea, and to let those feelings go and maintain a healthy relationship. I've never been there with family, but friends do this all the time.

True love is not something easy to sweep under the carpet without consequences... And familial love is more likely than not, to be very intense and genuine.

Sexual attraction is a hormone response, kid. Love is about caring about someone's well-being and wanting them to be happy. Romantic love is about wanting that person to be closest to you, to pair bond. You don't need sex to have romance, you don't need romance to have love, you don't need love to have sex.

"True Love" means very different things to different people. I'm guessing you think of true love and you think of your heart pounding, your palms sweating, cheeks flushed. The all-encompassing need to be with someone, to hold them, to kiss them, to desire their undivided attention.

When you get older and wiser, you realize that's just being horny, and that real true love is the feeling of understanding someone and being comfortable in your relationship with them. That's something that comes with time and effort for most people.

Being horny for someone makes you want to pair-bond with them, It's instinctive social behavior. That's "Love at first sight". It pulls you in, makes you want the other thing, and it doesn't work out more often than it does. I promise you, again, statistics. I'm not making this shit up. And I also promise you, you can get over it. You can be absolutely entirely smitten with someone, and it doesn't work out, and you get over it. Everybody that's ever had to get over an unrequited love can tell you. The earlier you let it go, the easier it is. Whiiiiich is why it's best to discourage people from taking sexual interest in family, because it's easier to let it go if you don't spend forever mooning over the person before it reaches critical mass and blows up your life.

Some people get lucky, and fall straight from being smitten to real love in one go, but that's just because they got horny for someone they turned out to be compatible with. It's like rolling a pair of dice and getting two sixes. Sure, it's gonna happen now and then, but if you think it always happens just because you saw it once, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

And for two people to be family, -and- romantically compatible, -and- both interested in each other sexually? (and an extra dice roll if they're the same gender) That is a lot of dice rolls to risk ruining your life on. That's part of why it makes for compelling fiction. But it's a bad bet, ultimately.

To reply you must either login or sign up.