Forum › A Girl Like A Pilgrim discussion

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

27 chapters total according to MangaDex.

Which is plenty for an interesting enough story, just as long as it was planned to be that long to begin with and not axed with one volume to wrap everything up.

last edited at Mar 22, 2020 12:37AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

Not nice but not really incorrect...

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

the manga author not being creeped out by the way this girl is seriously obsessing over her (in a parasocial relationship kinda way) and putting her way up on a pedestal is really pushin' my willing suspension of disbelief here, not gonna lie.
I think it goes without saying that even if they got together it'd be an extremely unhealthy relationship dynamic, huh?

joined Jul 23, 2017

the manga author not being creeped out by the way this girl is seriously obsessing over her (in a parasocial relationship kinda way) and putting her way up on a pedestal is really pushin' my willing suspension of disbelief here, not gonna lie.
I think it goes without saying that even if they got together it'd be an extremely unhealthy relationship dynamic, huh?

We dont know for sure only time will tell

joined Sep 22, 2017

The editor is manipulative and sees the mc as only a pawn to his cult scheme.

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

God, what a false bitch Matsuno is. I hope karma bites her back hard...

Also, Mao's editor can go screw himself -_-

Poor Aiko and Mao ;_;

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

Can’t wait to see Aiko actually kill a bitch.

joined May 20, 2013

It's weird feeling relieved about Aiko's misfortune because it didn't turn into a love triangle.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Can’t wait to see Aiko actually kill a bitch.

If that Rurika starts bullying Aiko, we might actually see Mao kill a bitch. ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'̵͇̿̿з=( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿

joined Jun 12, 2019

I just knew she’d be an ass

joined Oct 27, 2018

Ahh, the classic "throw a newbie right into the fire with absolutely zero training and then shame them when they inevitably screw up" routine. Even in manga, part time jobs are the worst.

Ehh, I think it's perfectly believable. The thing is, she's not worshipping the author as a person, but rather a cultivated character. Healthy or not, it's not that unusual to have this kind of fictional hero worship, and if she were to find out who the author really is, I think she probably wouldn't continue acting obsessive to this level. And the author knows that her real self isn't the one being worshipped, but rather that persona that's literally not even her (as her editor handles the PR for her, to her frustration).

last edited at Mar 23, 2020 4:01PM by

joined Nov 30, 2011

Ahh, the classic "throw a newbie right into the fire with absolutely zero training and then shame them when they inevitably screw up" routine. Even in manga, part time jobs are the worst.

Not just with part-time jobs, full time jobs can be pretty terrible too, if not worse.

Case in point, something like this happened to me at work. Got very little training for a new position for working out of class to cover a temporary vacancy. I had to deal with a completely new system put in place that was not there when the original person was working the position.

The previous person was moved onto a large project so I was covering. Then, because things were not going well (due to the new system and lack of training I received) the previous person was called in to help a little. After the issue was sorted and we had a debriefing meeting, they straight called me out in front of everyone, including management. "There were some 'inefficiencies' with the new system." Preceeded to say what I did wrong and where things didn't go as well they should have. Of course, they had no idea that I had brought those problems up honestly to management before because, I was undertrained and trying to help sort out the new system at the same time.

Then over the following weeks decided to "fix" things and send them in emails to everyone without talking to me about them first. And it was the wording and tone used as well. To say I was and am pissed is an understatement. Office politics can be a real b*tch.

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

I relate to Mao a lot.

I'm pretty terrible at actually making and contacting friends, it kinda sucks.

joined Dec 5, 2019

So, I see some past trauma that pushed Aiko to worship shion, then some past trauma hinted on that middle school(?) girl that briefly appeared in a flashback to mao, and a possible disaster scenario coming soon.
I think this can get interesting

joined Oct 3, 2013

I'm just gonna say that the editor's name is Aizen. He looks and is certainly acting like one.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

This new highschool girl addition feels pretty random. There wasn't any hint for her connection in the previous chapters, so it feels more like someone added for drama and extending the story.

Also the grim vibe and hints been given are not incorporated well imo, it feels like random ideas been thrown into the story rather than the author having a plan on what to do with them.

Despite that, this story is interesting.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Kimochiwarui

joined Dec 18, 2018

Poor Mao, her situation is really fucked.

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

This manga is pure gold to me!

joined Jun 12, 2019

Aiko’s a little weird and I got a bit of second hand embarrassment when she showed them the reason she did well but it’s not cross. It’s kinda cute in a way. I thought Mao was gonna confess omg but I don’t like that kid like leave aiko alone she likes what she likes pls

joined Jun 12, 2019

I feel like the kid will get jealous and do something to aiko’s book tbh

joined Sep 21, 2014

Co-worker-chan will totally wreck that manga out of sheer spite. She enjoyed watching aiko fail after all, and that book ruined it.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

It just dawned on me. A series where a manga writer is worshipped as a god, is Nishio Shiori maybe getting a little full of herself?

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

It just dawned on me. A series where a manga writer is worshipped as a god, is Nishio Shiori maybe getting a little full of herself?

How dare you commit such sacrilege? Forgive them, Nishio-sama!

To reply you must either login or sign up.