Forum › A Girl Like A Pilgrim discussion

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

How can this be so serious and so stupid at the same time? It's not disgaea level, but shit.

Hey, Disgaea is really good OK?

Just like this manga, the perfect blend of stupidity and seriousness.

I wasn't saying is bad, I love Disgaea lol

Ramp up the stupidity, get them up to disgaea numbers, become the overlord!

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

eh, I've seen worse

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I don't know what my reaction is..., but I'll read chapter two. :|

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Chairman Mao is truly worthy of being revered.

Anime-pictures.net_-_519241-700x1000-inuyasha-inuyasha%20(character)-inuyasha%20(human%20form)-sorolp-long%20hair-single
joined Mar 27, 2019

LOL the maria same credits!

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Can you imagine?
Noble pilgrim unwittingly helps her god survive in an increasingly apocalyptic Tokyo by applying lessons she's learned from a post-apoc manga(obviously the god can't do it herself for reasons). Meanwhile their budding romance gives a mangaka the inspiration she needs to put pure hope into her story, which is then used by a cabal of editors to save Tokyo/the world.

I'm praying to the author of this manga that you're right.

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

So... let me get this straight. Recent frequent earthquakes, constant wet weather, a general malaise amongst the population, strange religious cults worshipping dubious Gods appearing and a sinister organisation meeting in the dead of the night.......
NIHON CTHULU!!!!

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

That was very odd. Beyond mixing a few things that don't normally go together, the story is just not told in a very coherent way

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

This manga is so scatty and I don't know if I love it for that yet or not

The pilgrimage turning into just some crazy lesbian manga nerd is kind of hilarious, but the mangaka keeping it a secret seems a bit contrived to me

The "evil" book keepers are great because they are so ridiculous. You just KNOW they're going to be dumb drama

joined Jun 30, 2015

Mao needs to die.

Wait, I'm posting on wrong forum.

And wait, Mao is already dead.

joined Jan 8, 2014

just h*ld h*ands you lesbians

Lmao! ^_^

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

As I understand, Mao knew all along that it was her who MC worshipped, because she answered in her head to a statement about ice coffee.
Then MC just as well knew all along that it is Mao that she admires as a mangaka, so moving in to next door apartement isn’t really a coincidence.

Is it correct or have I read it wrong? If I am, then this is all levels of creepy...and interesting.

joined Jun 12, 2019

Ok idk what to think but i want more

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Praying hands had me thinking a religious and spiritual yuri had finally arrived, turns out to be gay otaku hero worship

just h*ld h*ands you lesbians

...... lol

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

As I understand, Mao knew all along that it was her who MC worshipped, because she answered in her head to a statement about ice coffee.
Then MC just as well knew all along that it is Mao that she admires as a mangaka, so moving in to next door apartement isn’t really a coincidence.

Is it correct or have I read it wrong? If I am, then this is all levels of creepy...and interesting.

MC doesn't know Mao is the mangaka she admires. She even prays to the author for her to make up with Mao. If she really knew they are the same person she wouldn't do that.

This manga can turn out to be good. There's this setup of impending doom that might happen. If developed properly, it can be interesting. It's just that usually in Yuri, plots like this get outshined and underdeveloped for the sake of stupid highschool like romance, and the world building and plot becomes a secondary theme that is used to just flavor the romance part, or give them opportunities to be together.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

this should be interesting

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Chairman Mao is truly worthy of being revered.

The east is red!

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

Can you imagine?
Noble pilgrim unwittingly helps her god survive in an increasingly apocalyptic Tokyo by applying lessons she's learned from a post-apoc manga(obviously the god can't do it herself for reasons). Meanwhile their budding romance gives a mangaka the inspiration she needs to put pure hope into her story, which is then used by a cabal of editors to save Tokyo/the world.
That's is one of the most galaxy brain plots I've ever seen on this site. If even half of that happens it'll be so good, I'm completely sold lmao.

That's definitely what I'm hoping for/expecting. I like the manga a lot so far, though. A bit unfocused and a little rough in places, but that kinda thing sometimes adds rather than detracts from quality.

Inai hou ga ii ningen
joined May 23, 2018

Deep admiration is really relatable for me I was like that with my brother and it was severely unhealthy but as long as he was there if he told me something everything in me believed it was true and that's how things would happen. I really valued that loyalty and admiration I had for him so when he left I felt really lost really alone. So I love stories like this characters that seem obsessed with someone make me feel really good.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

the cover of this manga looks like a weird seinen with yandere

Img-thing
joined Jan 19, 2016

lmao that Marimite reference !

last edited at Sep 21, 2019 1:18AM

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

Tokyo has around 7 million households, so the probability of unwittingly moving in next to the exact individual you were looking for is roughly 1/7000000

This girl really be giving lotteries a run for their money, huh

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Eilerci posted:

Tokyo has around 7 million households, so the probability of unwittingly moving in next to the exact individual you were looking for is roughly 1/7000000

This girl really be giving lotteries a run for their money, huh

Life can be stranger than fiction so I wouldn't be too bothered since coincidences like that do happen.

joined Sep 4, 2018

Interesting story, but this girl is bordering on full blown “Annie Wilkes”. Hope the drama doesn’t get too heavy.

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

Sooo, 2 new chapters are out. Will they be uploaded here soon? Gotta admit that Aiko can be kinda disturbing in her own way xd :P Sry for bad Eng.

To reply you must either login or sign up.