Forum › A Girl Like A Pilgrim discussion

Screenshot_2020-06-05%20dorian%20electra%20has%20a%20full%20on%20broment
joined Jun 20, 2017

Aiko seems like a good person, but her obsession gets creepier each chapter. I hope she doesn't go too far.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Watch her buy a collection of her belongings from eBay and being like "oh I bought these a few yrs ago don't worry"
Also why does this feel like she'd play dumb and moved beside her on purpose?

last edited at Mar 12, 2020 5:28PM

12993445_1138540659544820_3317986680163613305_n
joined Dec 7, 2014

this is really nice, i like it a lot

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

Ok, this is... actually creepy.
Like. What.

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

Pfff this manga has so much potential, but the God worship just throws me off.

joined Jan 11, 2019

Akio, that's less a pedestal you've put Shino-sensei on and more a space elevator.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Good lord, I feel like the moment Shion gets found out Aiko is gonna tie her up.
If she doesn't have a heart attack, at least.

joined Jan 5, 2020

Tokyo has around 7 million households, so the probability of unwittingly moving in next to the exact individual you were looking for is roughly 1/7000000

My senior year of high school while on exchange to Germany, I ended up staying with third cousins twice removed from my father's mother's side of the family. They lived in East Germany and it was the first time anyone from my side of the family had connected with their side in almost five generations. Our closest shared ancestor had come to America in the late 1800s with his daughter (my 5x g-grandmother) and the two WWs had pretty much destroyed the connections via post. The relationship between us was figured out almost a week into my stay with them and we'd been randomly assigned to our host families, so it wasn't like a deliberate match up.

If something like that can happen in real life, something like happening to get an apartment next door to your idol in a manga doesn't faze me at all.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 3 is missing pg 9

joined Jun 30, 2015

I guess during a date near the publisher, an editor will call Mao as her penname, revealing the truth to Aiko

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 3 is missing pg 9

this is the missing page https://mangadex.org/chapter/798278/10

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I love watching a clueless protagonist be super flirty without noticing. Also, that eel looked goooood~

joined Aug 21, 2017

Interesting story, but this girl is bordering on full blown “Annie Wilkes”. Hope the drama doesn’t get too heavy.

My body is ready. I'm itching to see how she'll react when (if?) she finds out Mao is her "god".

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

That girl and her otaku stalker levels of worshipping kinda took me off the story, like everything was going fine until she had a fangasm in the middle of the street. Even the author was like "bitch you crazy." I hope she calms the fuck down once she learns the secret.

joined Apr 17, 2017

All the drawings of Aiko are pretty amazing. Mao looks good, too, but the range of expression for her is so limited by comparison. Still, the art in general for the series, I really love. The page layout is delightful. The jokes land exceptionally well for me––I thought Aiko exclaiming that Tokyo natives sure have discriminating palettes was startlingly funny, and the handling of that whole panel was pretty exquisite––Aiko's sidelong look was just the right balance of earnest and over-the-top. In fact, the whole series so far is just the right balance of earnest intensity and over-the-top, winking irony. The characters have such emotional faces, as well. The weird, end-of-the-world background action is funny and intriguing. I think I'm going to really like this series. If anything, it looks like it might give me faith that a hopeless manga fan and an overwhelmed professional mangaka can each find love.

As for the stalker worship of the mangaka, the "pilgrimage" is part of the title. I just assumed something like that was coming. I don't think it's terrible if Aiko ends up hopelessly devoted to Mao––honestly, Mao seems like she really needs it. Hopefully we get more of Aiko's and Mao's backstories as this progresses––it sounds like both of them have had a rough time of it.

We don't get much of the manga series; I'm wondering what it's like. Hints in the chapters made the premise sound a little like Drifting Classroom at some point? But the art we see looks more like Genesis of Aquarion to me. Hopefully this gets sketched out a bit in the future.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Just marry already.

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

Good lord, I feel like the moment Shion gets found out Aiko is gonna tie her up.
If she doesn't have a heart attack, at least.

Gonna be strapped to the bed, have her legs chopped off, and then be forced to write terrible fanfictions.

Definitely getting a Gasai Yuno vibe... Although in Yuno's defense, she never went to that level of yandere.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Mao. Mao. Mao, you gotta get the fuck out of Dodge, this bitch is crazy.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Personally I'm looking forward to the big reveal because it is gonna be AWESOME watching this pedestal that's been constructed for "Shion" be absolutely obliterated when the reality of what her "goddess" is really like slaps Aiko in the face like a giant wet towel lol... and then immediately afterward the realization of how shes been worshipping "Shion" right in front of, well, "Shion". The emotional overload may in fact fry Aiko on the spot...

joined Sep 21, 2014

Mao should slap some sense into her.
Kinda like what Utena did in the latest chapter. "Disgusting! Take some pride in yourself."

joined Jun 12, 2019

Aiko is kinda scary but you know what I’ve seen some fangirls like that

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This is apparently ending soon according to the author.

No way!

What about the apocalyptic earthquake that is about to hit Tokyo and turn it into a devastated land where Mao and Aiko will struggle to survive, just like the characters in Copernicus Rebellion?

And what about the thrilling story of their epic fight against the Natsukawa editorial council, who are planning to cause the Third Impact?

I guess all my expectations for the future of this manga will come to naught...

Img_9245
joined Mar 14, 2018

Mao kinda got the booty, huh?

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

I'm alarmed by the depth of her obsession, but intrigued by the general trajectory of this. Looking forward to more!

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

This is apparently ending soon according to the author.

No way!

What about the apocalyptic earthquake that is about to hit Tokyo and turn it into a devastated land where Mao and Aiko will struggle to survive, just like the characters in Copernicus Rebellion?

And what about the thrilling story of their epic fight against the Natsukawa editorial council, who are planning to cause the Third Impact?

I guess all my expectations for the future of this manga will come to naught...

Get in the robot Mao

I guess it’s getting axed cause it feels nowhere near its conclusion, a shame, it felt different than a lot of yuri manga

last edited at Mar 21, 2020 11:53PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.