Forum › Run Away With Me, Girl discussion

joined Mar 21, 2017

Well, you could kinda see that coming. From an external viewpoint.

last edited at Feb 24, 2020 10:34PM

joined Jun 12, 2019

What a fucking piece of shit I hope he fucking dies. His backstory or whatever didn’t make me feel a bit sorry for him. I just hate him 10000x more now.

joined Oct 27, 2018

tfw some people would jump to the defense of a previously-incel turned probable-cheating wife-beater that regularly insulted his "lover" even before this.
but any time there's an new itou hachi manga everyone loses their shit about the gentle and noble protagonist being "disgusting" or "problematic"

really makes you thonking

Not much to think about. Pedophiles and misogynistic wife beater husbands are both bad. Stop trying to bait arguments.

joined Jun 12, 2019

Who cares about what he told to midori, the real abuse was the first time when they were having sex, I mean Midori clearly told him to not do it without a condom and he did it anyway against her will, he even made her cry
Isn’t that abuse?

Yup it is. It’s rape too

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Not much to think about. Pedophiles and misogynistic wife beater husbands are both bad. Stop trying to bait arguments.

Excuse me, I'm doing nothing of the sort! It was a curious observation to me, nothing more. After all, most everyone seems to know where they stand already.

last edited at Feb 24, 2020 10:52PM

joined Nov 27, 2017

"It's more... Y'know, the kind of guy who wasn't very popular until her grew up"

Tfw someone identifies what's pissing you off about yourself with uncomfortable accuracy. Dear lord.

I honestly was vaguely sympathetic to the guy before they gave him a perspective. He was pretty insensitive but he seemed kinda well intentioned and occasionally unexpectedly considerate at times. Annnnnd then we got his POV and it only went downhill.

I do like the series. I'm a fan of the aesthetic of a bunch of deeply insecure people trying to come to terms with the unhealthy shit about themselves, and often failing. It feels very genuine in how uncomfortable it is. I'm keeping an eye on this.

joined Sep 13, 2018

What a fucking piece of shit I hope he fucking dies. His backstory or whatever didn’t make me feel a bit sorry for him. I just hate him 10000x more now.

I mean, I don't think the author wrote it as a tragic backstory or whatever, just how this dude turned into the misogynistic asshole he is once he realized he could be basically a pick up artist.

Also: Fucking knew he had done this shit before and was being real predatory with Midori. It sucks see it go right to physical abuse and the jackass shows no regrets? Like wow.

Yup it is. It’s rape too

I still think that's not even the first time he's pulled the 'Aw come on, I've never done it without a condom before, they feel kinda weird you know?' sorta shit too. Just like how he's proven to have at least cheated on someone before now too. The only difference now is he probably had some degree of culpability and found the perfect sort of person to abuse.

last edited at Feb 24, 2020 11:02PM

joined Jun 12, 2019

I mean, I don't think the author wrote it as a tragic backstory or whatever, just how this dude turned into the misogynistic asshole he is once he realized he could be basically a pick up artist.

Also: Fucking knew he had done this shit before and was being real predatory with Midori. It sucks see it go right to physical abuse and the jackass shows no regrets? Like wow.

Yeah I get it. It’s not suppose to be tragic or make us feel sorry for him or whatever it’s just so ughhh he’s horrible. Ikr?? She’s pregnant too and he doesn’t give a shit. Sad that stuff like this actually happens in real life ugh it makes me mad.

joined Dec 18, 2018

"It's more... Y'know, the kind of guy who wasn't very popular until her grew up"

Tfw someone identifies what's pissing you off about yourself with uncomfortable accuracy. Dear lord.

I honestly was vaguely sympathetic to the guy before they gave him a perspective. He was pretty insensitive but he seemed kinda well intentioned and occasionally unexpectedly considerate at times. Annnnnd then we got his POV and it only went downhill.

I do like the series. I'm a fan of the aesthetic of a bunch of deeply insecure people trying to come to terms with the unhealthy shit about themselves, and often failing. It feels very genuine in how uncomfortable it is. I'm keeping an eye on this.

I was kinda sympathetic half-way through the backstory, and kinda understand how he ended up the way he did. In the end though he made his own choices and whatever trauma he suffered can't be an excuse to his behaviour.

I think it's kinda cool for the author to explore this aspect as well though. That people are shaped by not only their past, but their choices in regards to their past as well.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Damn. I was reading this chapter and just thinking to myself, "the author isn't gonna do this, right?" I don't know why I thought they wouldn't, but whatever. They did it, and holy shit, this scum is beating his pregnant wife. This brought me back to a sociology course with a professor who studied domestic violence against women. Lots of horror stories, like a woman who had a hole in her head from being struck with a ball peen hammer. Why am I typing this? Fuck. This series just feels so real to me. Eleven more chapters? This is gonna be one rough ride.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

yeah this guy needs deep psychological help after being arrested for abuse. He was abusive from the very start and now his true colors are shining through even further.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Also 16 chapters is definitely longer than I thought this series would be. But honestly I'm excited. it'll probably be kind of painful but this manga is very... smart in a way. These characters feel incredibly real no matter how hard it is to look at.

Smk_compress
joined Jan 16, 2017

I get that he had a rough time before but HOLY HELL IS THIS GUY SUCH A WASTE OF AIR seriously dude get your shit together

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

is obiously not midoris fault what happened to her so far , and i´d be nice if she could break out of her current situacion but her relationship with maki is also not healthy(not for maki at least).
if tazune wasn´t such an asshole i highly doubt she would choose maki, this is not like creascent moon and doughnuts where the MC struggles to be "normal" and feels uncorfotable at the idea of being in relationship with a men, midori and tazune actually have some kind of chemistry at first, If the plot didn´t demand tazune to be an asshole for the sake of yuri they could actually be cute couple, right now midori has two options live a shitty life with a shitty person or the yuri route that´s it (not much of a choice tbh).

And lets face it the way midori has treated maki so far is actually pretty cruel,
she didn´t give a fuck about maki back then,
why midori never looked for maki all these years? why she wants her back at her life right now?. is because she really loves her? or is just because her life is a complete mess and maki is the only person in her life that is not a piece of shit and shows some human decency
i read a post on this thread that couldn´t be more truth
midori deserves to be happy but not with maki

last edited at Feb 24, 2020 11:33PM

joined Sep 13, 2018

God, re-reading it and I think the worst part about the whole deal is Midori literally was just saying they should do something nice together to actually relax together for once. Like usually if an author wants to go to this sort of abuse they'll do it in an argument and show some kind of regret on behalf of the abuser, but nooooope. Not here.

is obiously not midoris fault what happened to her so far (well maybe a little bit), and i´d be nice if she could break out of her current situacion but her relationship with maki is also not healthy(not for maki at least). ... midori deserves to be happy but not with maki

It's absolutely not her fault at all. Victims are just often vulnerable people who predatory ones find easy to hold onto, and Midori 150% falls into this category.

I feel like you're being way to harsh on Midori here. Midori even said in chapter 3 that she thinks she's falling for Maki again, like before the shit got physical, but unlike Tazune, she cut ties with Maki because she doesn't want to cheat on her partner. She also clearly still harbors fond memories for the past and being with Maki, she says as much in chapters 2 and 3.

I'd really recommend looking up what Class S is and how compulsory heterosexuality affects women in general. It explains Midori's behavior 100% and I don't even think she did to Maki is like, morally condemn-able in terms of who she is. Ultimately it's up to Maki to forgive Midori anyways, which is basically going to happen especially after Maki finds that her uncomfortable feeling she had before was 100% a red flag.

last edited at Feb 24, 2020 11:43PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It’s interesting to me how some readers seem to attribute some behavior to the characters themselves, and some to authorial manipulation, as if Tazune could “really” be a nice guy and a good match for Midori if the interfering author just didn’t force him into behaving badly for plot purposes.

The guy has been portrayed as superficially normal to people in the story but to readers obviously a king-hell dick from the first time we saw him, and we were given just enough glimpses of non-abusive behavior to justify (to some extent) why Midori was attracted to him in the first place.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

What a chode!

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

is obiously not midoris fault what happened to her so far , and i´d be nice if she could break out of her current situacion but her relationship with maki is also not healthy(not for maki at least).
if tazune wasn´t such an asshole i highly doubt she would choose maki, this is not like creascent moon and doughnuts where the MC struggles to be "normal" and feels uncorfotable at the idea of being in relationship with a men, midori and tazune actually have some kind of chemistry at first, If the plot didn´t demand tazune to be an asshole for the sake of yuri they could actually be cute couple, right now midori has two options live a shitty life with a shitty person or the yuri route that´s it (not much of a choice tbh).

And lets face it the way midori has treated maki so far is actually pretty cruel,
she didn´t give a fuck about maki back then,
why midori never looked for maki all these years? why she wants her back at her life right now?. is because she really loves her? or is just because her life is a complete mess and maki is the only person in her life that is not a piece of shit and shows some human decency
i read a post on this thread that couldn´t be more truth
midori deserves to be happy but not with maki

I disagree with quite a lot of this.

Tazune and Midori didn't really have chemistry. Midori just didn't want to be lonely, and Tazune paid attention to her. Aside from their first meeting, every other instance she's uncomfortable and forcing herself to go along when around him.

Midori in high school left Maki behind, but we don't really have a full look into her psyche. We don't know how she really felt back then. She could have genuinely cared and loved Maki but a concern about their future being so young had her push away. Meeting years later through pure happenstance likely lit a fire under her about the person she loved and felt comfortable with.

I'm not saying Midori is blameless of course. How she has treated Maki has been confusing and left Maki uncertain of a lot of things and sad because she doesn't understand if she's wanted or not. But these are things that the two also haven't had ANY chances to sit down and actually TALK about because Midori is stuck in an abusive relationship that she feels like she can't escape. Hell, it's obvious Midori felt bad about leading Maki on and that's why she wanting to try and distance herself again. But it seems like Tazune being more physically abusive has made her seek out Maki again because she's an abused spouse who is in a tough spot and seeking comfort and doesn't know how to handle the situation and feels like she has to continue to go along with it likely because she's pregnant.

it's messy, it's confusing, but it's grounded quite a bit in reality. I think Maki and Midori can work, but it's a matter of getting away from Tazune and giving them the chance to really talk to one another heart to heart.

joined Dec 18, 2018

It's absolutely not her fault at all. Victims are just often vulnerable people who predatory ones find easy to hold onto, and Midori 150% falls into this category.

I feel like you're being way to harsh on Midori here. Midori even said in chapter 3 that she thinks she's falling for Maki again, like before the shit got physical, but unlike Tazune, she cut ties with Maki because she doesn't want to cheat on her partner. She also clearly still harbors fond memories for the past and being with Maki, she says as much in chapters 2 and 3.

I'd really recommend looking up what Class S is and how compulsory heterosexuality affects women in general. It explains Midori's behavior 100% and I don't even think she did to Maki is like, morally condemn-able in terms of who she is. Ultimately it's up to Maki to forgive Midori anyways, which is basically going to happen especially after Maki finds that her uncomfortable feeling she had before was 100% a red flag.

Judging how fucked up Midori has been with Maki is difficult at this point tbh. We need a flashback chapter to their past relationship from Midori's point of view to do that. A lot of it comes down to whether Midori actually realized just how much Maki had fallen for her. If she was fully aware then I'd say she has been a class A asshole ever since their reunion.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

sorry, you´re 100% right my previous post was before reading chapter 6, before reading the last chapter i see tanzuke as an asshole but not to the point of actually hitting her wife, sorry if came up as insensible that wasn´t my inention at all

joined Sep 13, 2018

Judging how fucked up Midori ... ever since their reunion.

It's 100% class S type/comphet type stuff so I don't really even see how the way she's treated Maki is in any way a judgement of her personally. Comphet is one hell of a drug and it's so clear to me that the author is tapping into it to describe why they broke up. Hell I wouldn't even be surprised if Midori still had feelings for Maki back in highschool, just she needed to grow up and forget those feelings to fit into her gender roles as an adult woman who's suppose to be straight. When it comes to compulsory heterosexuality, it's really a 'damn the society, not the individual' kind of deal beyond people who might've been personally hurt by them. Given Maki will likely forgive Midori and want her back in her life, idk, I can't see anything wrong with Midori morally.

Photo-1445
joined Dec 15, 2011

The thing is? Even if Midori has been awful to Maki since their reunion (YMMV, of course), she can be awful for sympathetic reasons.

I feel like she'd been reaching out for some happiness but then slapped her own hand back each time because she's caught up in the idea that she's not "allowed" it - because she has her child's father, because it's not okay for a woman to be with a woman. Those kinds of ideas that actually trap people in abusive relationships and in the closet, or in a whole range of other bad situations. When someone's messed up over something like that, it can make them send mixed messages and be really difficult to be with even just for normal friends, never mind someone they love but feel like they can't have. It's a horrible, self-reinforcing trap to be caught in.

I seriously doubt that Midori is acting like this toward Maki because she takes any joy out of messing with her.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

IM OUT SO FUCKING HARD HOLY SHIT.

joined Sep 11, 2014

If there isn't a chapter of that guy getting his ass beat, than this whole thing wasn't worth reading

My%20project%20(4)
joined Jan 15, 2020

And there it is folks! The abuse we've been waiting for has finally shown it's ugly head! No more arguing, time for some action~ I got my right hook ready to go! ((⊂(`ω´∩)

To reply you must either login or sign up.