Forum › Yurika's Campus Life discussion

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

I liked this chapter a lot.

Same here. Who needs Maria-sama when you have Yurika-sama watching over you? lol

Don't know what people are expecting from this established series.

I really can't tell... but writing to say that they stopped caring about this manga, and that they won't waste any more time on it, is a bit purpose-defeating.

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

I just looked the artists who write this, and no surprise both guys.

Not surprising considering how the girls act and the yuri is handled. The girls act more like parodies of yuri characters than actual lesbians

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

You mean like she was at the start?

But is she still? No. Yurika on the other hand is. She's bi at best.

Yurika is a 6 on the Kinsey scale.

No she's not. Nice fanfic idea/headcanon though

last edited at Jan 31, 2020 1:33AM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Yurika is a 6 on the Kinsey scale.

No she's not.

If you had paid attention, you'd know that Nezchan asked to stop the Kinsey debate. Go take your concerns somewhere else.

joined Nov 14, 2014

Wow this chapter came fast.

Yurika-sama ga Miteru. :P

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Not surprising considering how the girls act and the yuri is handled. The girls act more like parodies of yuri characters than actual lesbians

This manga is sexist as hell. I hate it. I wish I knew why I feel compelled to keep reading. It's like I expect the story to suddenly morph into an actual yuri, or something.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

.... So she's been let loose in an all girls highschool?
holds hand over face for gigollete pose
handcuffed in gigollete pose

Ava%20baby
joined May 5, 2013

To those who doesn't like it: didn't you realize it became a nekketsu ?
An absurd one, and that's why I think it's fun.

Every yuri manga shouldn't be about romance and/or comedy.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Every yuri manga shouldn't be about romance and/or comedy.

The second one is stupid given how absurd it is. If it's not for comedy purpose then it has his purpose.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

The girls act more like parodies of yuri characters than actual lesbians

It's a parody manga. That's pretty much the point. Each chapter has some sort of classic romantic trope that it deconstructs by increasing it to absolute absurdity. Whether it's suspension-bridge-romances or bad-boy-appeals or corny romantic lines ...

Grr. Why can't people just get over themselves?! It's fucking chapter 33, not chapter 3. Nobody needs to come back to complain again and again that some over-the-top comedy manga is not to their taste by being completely over-the-top.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I really can't tell... but writing to say that they stopped caring about this manga, and that they won't waste any more time on it, is a bit purpose-defeating.

Nobody needs to come back to complain again and again that some over-the-top comedy manga is not to their taste by being completely over-the-top.

Expect nobody have said that as far as i'm concerned. majere just said it stop reading, not that it stop caring about it.

last edited at Jan 31, 2020 8:39AM

Akari-mizunashi-transparent%203
joined Oct 10, 2014

I still like it for the comedy. It's been a parody since chapter one. May the yuri be with you all!

joined Jul 4, 2018

Frequent updates....
Nice.

joined Dec 25, 2018

Why did I click on this again I really need to stop reading this I just derive no enjoyment whatsoever from it.

I'm not even reading it anymore I just read the comments to see how much of a disaster it's currently being.

Apparently her old high school now worships her as a goddess of yuri and one girl in there thinks she's been possessed by her and is pretending to be her for popularity. Weird AF basically.

...this may be weirder than the one about the dude's balls which I actually read in its entirety.

"My Balls"s most absurd aspect is its premise and after that it just goes through various fetishes until it reaches the end. This manga is constantly upping the absurdity. It's like a shonen manga with power creep and more insane baddies but instead of that, it's seduction moves and crazier targets.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

OG Yurika-sama gonna put this wannabe bitch in her place.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Like what the fuck... that’s a big jump from graduating to teaching x)

last edited at Jan 31, 2020 11:23AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Mimiyaah posted:

Like what the fuck... that’s a big jump from graduating to teaching x)

Yurika is a college student. No reason she can't be a trainee teacher.

joined Jul 26, 2016

lmao this current story arc i can't even
...then again, neither can Yurika herself. :v

Also i-it's not like I'm into yuri or anything!

Screenshot%202022-04-17%2012.01.52%20pm
joined Sep 21, 2019

I'm a girl who thinks this series has been fun

Images__01
joined Nov 3, 2019

This is so ridiculous... It's great! :D I find this series hilarious xD

joined Oct 27, 2018

They didn't say women couldn't enjoy it, just that it's obviously written by guys, and yeah, they're right, it is clearly written by guys.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

They didn't say women couldn't enjoy it, just that it's obviously written by guys, and yeah, they're right, it is clearly written by guys.

There also women who write shitty Yuris too. Althought i argue it's not shitty per se and it's supposely more absurd than anything. Just because it's mens doesn't means it's bad.

joined Jul 3, 2011

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now Yurika is gonna have to come out of her disguise to put that imposter in her place.

last edited at Feb 1, 2020 9:23AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

It's a parody manga. That's pretty much the point. Each chapter has some sort of classic romantic trope that it deconstructs by increasing it to absolute absurdity. Whether it's suspension-bridge-romances or bad-boy-appeals or corny romantic lines ...

Grr. Why can't people just get over themselves?! It's fucking chapter 33, not chapter 3. Nobody needs to come back to complain again and again that some over-the-top comedy manga is not to their taste by being completely over-the-top.

I know, right? That's the good thing about Japanese forums.

In Japan, most people don't write about series or characters or pairings they don't like. They write about the things they do like. They ignore the rest. If they don't approve of, say, a certain pairing of two characters in a story, they don't touch the threads or comments made by fans of that pairing. If they dislike a show on TV, they carefully avoid conversations held by fans of said show. If someone comes to them and specifically asks what their thoughts on the subject are, they reply: "Sorry, I don't get it." or "I don't get what's good about it."

Here, way too many people who write in forums seem to love nothing more than bashing the things they dislike. They are way more eager to pick fights with fans who hold opposite views than to bond with those who share their own views. Sigh. Pure barbarism, I swear.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Differents culture i guess.I think it's better to discuss opposite viewers than rather than just avoiding the subject. I think it's pretty normalto point out the flows. It's not barbarian at all. If you don't want conflict then i don't know,avoid the forum or ignore the conflict.

To reply you must either login or sign up.