Forum › Yurika's Campus Life discussion

Image0
joined Aug 25, 2018

The dad is highkey creepy to me because unlike Yurika, he uses overtly manipulative tactics commonly seen in abusive relationships, such as making you feel guilty for not returning his advances. This whole series is kind of iffy to me and I read for enjoymemt but his character kind of hurts me personally because of my experience with those kinds of people in the past. I hope for an arc where they both change for the better and do not use women as objects to keep them afloat y'know?

joined Feb 1, 2013

The dad is highkey creepy to me because unlike Yurika, he uses overtly manipulative tactics commonly seen in abusive relationships, such as making you feel guilty for not returning his advances. This whole series is kind of iffy to me and I read for enjoymemt but his character kind of hurts me personally because of my experience with those kinds of people in the past. I hope for an arc where they both change for the better and do not use women as objects to keep them afloat y'know?

Yeah, he really comes across as being far more coldblooded and manipulative. And I also agree with the commenter who said that it shows a lot of lazy tropes employed by bad male writers.

But what I REALLY SERIOUSLY HATE, and I say this as a STRAIGHT MAN, is when male writers think lesbians "just haven't met the right guy". People can't be 'turned' like that! You can't just "charm" a (clearly) lesbian into falling for a man, any more than I could be talked into being gay!

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Yeah, he really comes across as being far more coldblooded and manipulative. And I also agree with the commenter who said that it shows a lot of lazy tropes employed by bad male writers.

But what I REALLY SERIOUSLY HATE, and I say this as a STRAIGHT MAN, is when male writers think lesbians "just haven't met the right guy". People can't be 'turned' like that! You can't just "charm" a (clearly) lesbian into falling for a man, any more than I could be talked into being gay!

Y'know how most comic book writers don't make their villains do the things they do cos they personally support destroying the moon with a laser gun?

BananasOnSunday
joined Dec 3, 2019

Y'know how most comic book writers don't make their villains do the things they do cos they personally support destroying the moon with a laser gun?

It's a wildly different thing to portray it being possible to destroy the moon with a laser gun in your story than it is to portray a lesbian as being so only because they haven't met the right man lol, what a ridiculous analogy

Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

Isn't the father supposed to be a jerk?

I wouldn't assume the writer truly feels that way

joined Feb 1, 2013

Maybe so, but I've read too much bad hentai to be able outright trust a writer under these circumstances.

joined Dec 3, 2019

But its not just that he believes it, its that he was proven "right" that makes the writers garbage

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

Het in my yuri manga? No wonder people are being angry.
I can definitely understand where you guys are coming from though. Because of how this manga works, when Yurika's father said they were gonna be rivals now, that means he's gonna try to get yurika's harem from him, basically a mass ntr situation. And I can definitely understand that just the possibility of that is infuriating, just one girl getting taken away from her partner is hard enough, so a whole harem (or at least a large part) getting taken would prolly be devastating. Let's just hope this arc ends quickly guys coz i really enjoy this series, but like every yuri, putting het in it really lowers its quality, but that's just me uwu

joined Nov 14, 2014

^ It's not really NTR that irritates me, but conversations similar to this:

girl: Back off! I'm not interested in men!

guy: You have not met a REAL man yet.

Aaaand he actually is proven to be right. It's things like this that I hate.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I wasn't exactly a fan of literally just playing into fantasies of "converting" lesbians either, it was really gross to me. That shit literally gets lesbians raped in real life, to try and "make" them straight, it's gross. I don't want to read about it. Especially not in fucking yuri manga.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Yeah I'm pretty tired of this overall, is that another relative of hers being introduced? and among high schoolers? I think I'm done with this one.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So, Yurika vs Yurika?

Count me in!

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

^^this story was never really good imo. A story about a straight woman with the "power" to make women want her is kind of a dumb concept to me. The girls aren't really lesbians and everything just feels like a gag. I don't think a manga that treats being gay as just funny was ever gonna be good.

last edited at Jan 24, 2020 12:57AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Yurika
Straight

last edited at Jan 24, 2020 1:02AM

Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019

Page 100
"Oh? Youre approachign me?"
"I can't make you gay without getting closer."

Jokes aside i keep checking this to see if it goes anywhere, but it doesnt really get any better, every development is just creepier than the last
that stupid joke was the most fun ive had w this and it wasnt even the manga making it

last edited at Jan 24, 2020 1:07AM

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

Het in my yuri manga? No wonder people are being angry.
I can definitely understand where you guys are coming from though. Because of how this manga works, when Yurika's father said they were gonna be rivals now, that means he's gonna try to get yurika's harem from him, basically a mass ntr situation. And I can definitely understand that just the possibility of that is infuriating, just one girl getting taken away from her partner is hard enough, so a whole harem (or at least a large part) getting taken would prolly be devastating. Let's just hope this arc ends quickly guys coz i really enjoy this series, but like every yuri, putting het in it really lowers its quality, but that's just me uwu

The problem is less het in this yuri manga and more the lead wants to be in a het relationship in this yuri manga. If Yurika's dad got her a bf I don't think she'd care about what he does with her "harem".

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

Yurika
Straight

(https://i.imgur.com/jLLPwsc.png)

Are we reading the same manga? Also it's kind of funny that you used a image of a straight woman.

last edited at Jan 24, 2020 2:21PM by Nezchan

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Seemingly not, because at this point is obvious that Yurika is gay as hell and simply doesn't want to accept it. The best example of this is precisely the arc with her dad. If she truly cared only about guys, then her dad taking away her harem would've been a blessing for her, and yet she decided to protect her girls from the sleazeball that is her dad.

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

Seemingly not, because at this point is obvious that Yurika is gay as hell and simply doesn't want to accept it. The best example of this is precisely the arc with her dad. If she truly cared only about guys, then her dad taking away her harem would've been a blessing for her, and yet she decided to protect her girls from the sleazeball that is her dad.

She wanted to beat her father. It was clear it was more about the competition than her getting these women. And if she did want to protect the girls from her dad that's still more about the conflict with her dad than her being gay. What part of a woman openly being annoyed she only gets girls attention and drools over men screams gay? Would you say the same if Yuzu from Citrus started crushing hard on a man?

last edited at Jan 24, 2020 1:10AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

You mean like she was at the start?

Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019

Not wanting a bunch of women to get swindled by someone who you know to be a sleazeball isnt really the best "shes gay" evidence, the manga doesn't even try to support the gay and in denial thing, like not even as a gag, the gag is always "yurika is straight and she sure doesn't like this situation shes in haha"

we're talking about a manga thats had bein gay as the punchline for like 30 chapters and which only tries justifies Yurika being manipulative as shit by having everyone else with a harem being way more manipulative than her

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

You mean like she was at the start?

But is she still? No. Yurika on the other hand is. She's bi at best.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I'm ok with this detour.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

When even in otome games you only get the girls, you know it's time to give up trying to find a guy.

joined Jun 21, 2018

Is this an epilogue to a new series? The idea is fine, but she seriously shouldn't do it with high school girls, even if it's for their own good.

To reply you must either login or sign up.