Forum › The Blue Star on That Day (Ano Koro no Aoi Hoshi) discussion

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

Am I the only one who's linking "being taken away by the mermaid" to suicide by drowning and finding this really dark?...

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Well, on one hand, she's sad because she thinks Shou likes that mermaid more than her...

... but, on the other hand, she wasn't accused of sekuhara, after all! Every cloud has a silver lining, right? (⁰͡ ͜ʖ⁰͡ )

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Am I the only one who's linking "being taken away by the mermaid" to suicide by drowning and finding this really dark?...

You're definitely not the only one. The series has a very eerie and kind of surreal feeling to it, I have a strange inkling of a notion that it's not supernatural but instead the mother drowned. I really hope the story doesn't end in total heart break.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

My working theory now is that dad's drunken joke made a traumatizing impact on her. Little kids aren't good at getting jokes...

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

You're definitely not the only one. The series has a very eerie and kind of surreal feeling to it, I have a strange inkling of a notion that it's not supernatural but instead the mother drowned. I really hope the story doesn't end in total heart break.

Don't lean on me by The Amity Affliction plays in background "let the ocean take me"

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I can’t recall the titles at the moment, but this is at least the third or fourth “do mermaids actually exist, or is this person nuts?” yuri manga series I’ve seen.

Not that I mind, but the theme definitely seems to be a thing.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I can’t recall the titles at the moment, but this is at least the third or fourth “do mermaids actually exist, or is this person nuts?” yuri manga series I’ve seen.

This and this.

(also a zillion Disney movies and TV shows, though those aren't yuri)

last edited at Jan 6, 2020 9:30AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This and this.

(also a zillion Disney movies and TV shows, though those aren't yuri)

Yes, right—thanks. (And those are distinct from the “there are actually mermaids” supernatural ones.)

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

"You see you were born from my butt"
I'm not sure anyone gonna be happy to hear that. But not gonna lie the dad took me by a surprise usually when you saw drunkin dad in anime/manga without a mom some dark stuff tend to happen but i kindda love how this manga went. It just different than the ones we tend to get and some how close and easy to relate.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Mmmm maybe she just dreamed it... I want her to be happy

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

"You see you were born from my butt"
I'm not sure anyone gonna be happy to hear that. But not gonna lie the dad took me by a surprise usually when you saw drunkin dad in anime/manga without a mom some dark stuff tend to happen but i kindda love how this manga went. It just different than the ones we tend to get and some how close and easy to relate.

Translator said that this was taken from Chinese translation right? This is a common saying for "the stork dropped you off at our doorstep". If I'm wrong, woops.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

This manga needs more lizards.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

It's a little refreshing to see how gay Koumoto is. She's so deeply aware of her feelings that she's afraid of all her actions being misconstrued when Segawa thinks literally nothing of it all, but it's like, Koumoto wants more and lusts + love Segawa but doesn't want to do anything to jeopardize their relationship which, mood.

In any case, I think most mangakas don't have the luxury of slow pacing because they never know if it'll be popular enough to not be axed, so I appreciate the pace because at the very least we might get to the end quicker.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

It's a little refreshing to see how gay Koumoto is. She's so deeply aware of her feelings that she's afraid of all her actions being misconstrued when Segawa thinks literally nothing of it all, but it's like, Koumoto wants more and lusts + love Segawa but doesn't want to do anything to jeopardize their relationship which, mood.

Exactly, I relate so much to it and it's refreshing and nice to see it portrayed in this way.

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

xD

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

so fucking cute. i cannot take it.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

This chapter is good but the anticipation just keeps building I'm getting anxious lmao.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I feel...anxiety... I feel like there's a missing "tragedy" tag. Hah...

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

God, this chapter was one "she smells nice" away from a kiss scene with how gay it was. Also, I'll reread this series again, but what is it wuth Ibu-san and glasses girl (Forgot jer name, sorry)? Do they both like Umi or something? Either way, I kinda ship them, bu I'll have to reread it to confirm it. Excited to see volume 2

joined Dec 16, 2017

I feel...anxiety... I feel like there's a missing "tragedy" tag. Hah...

Yeah... that weird frame skip...before the last page....not a warm and fuzzy...

joined Feb 23, 2016

She’s catching feelings~ i like it~ very good scene

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

The series could end right here, and I think I'd be okay with it. Especially since something about this just screams tragedy

Img_1096
joined Sep 29, 2018

This is hitting me in the kokoro in both good and bad ways. I’m veerrry worried.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Ibu seems... very jealous.

To reply you must either login or sign up.