Forum › Crescent Moon and Doughnuts discussion

Mayuri_icon
joined Jun 24, 2015

Satou reminds me of Akashi-san from The Tatami Galaxy a bit, the hair and the personality. Anyone else?

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

I can't believe how absolutely relatable this series is, I'd love to see more of it.

Smk_compress
joined Jan 16, 2017

This is loveeely! Subaru interfering is absolutely wonderful too. More more more more

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

Fix 3rd chapter title: Smal -> Small

:P

joined Mar 18, 2018

Uno is a little too relateable if ya ask me...

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Lol weird how they both happened to be at the same time in that grocery shop and the little sister seemed to immediately recognize Uno from the dropped ID

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

@NaruZombie

Thank you for reminding me of whatever the fuck this is:

imotou

it's imouto*

I shall burn in the pits of hell for making that unforgivable typo

typou*

arougato

it's oregano

oureganou*

what did I create?

nobody knows.

noubody knous*

Auh, yes, excouse me.

(writes a 5 paragraph post about how this whole exchange is great)

You guys really made me laugh. I love you all.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Crescent Moon and Doughnuts Drinking Game: one shot every time someone says "relatable".

Akari-mizunashi-transparent%203
joined Oct 10, 2014

Won't the imouto please tell them to kiss already~

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

India is extremely open about this stuff

Just letting you know India is not at all open about sexuality, or anything progressive, I guess.
The law that made homosexuality illegal was only abolished in September 2018, barely passed the 1 year milestone :'(

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Lol weird how they both happened to be at the same time in that grocery shop and the little sister seemed to immediately recognize Uno from the dropped ID

It's already been established that they live near each other. That's why Satou ran across her at the bench in the first place.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Hey can someone explain to me what do the black page backgrounds signify?
They seems as if they are random

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Looks mostly like the author is using it to show passage of time. Panel backgrounds go dark at sundown and light at sunup. That accounts for most of it, but the author also mixes i some moments here and there where the character's mood brightens the night or darkens the day. By and large it mostly looks like the night/day cycle is the main element. It's kind of an interesting trick, actually.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Looks mostly like the author is using it to show passage of time. Panel backgrounds go dark at sundown and light at sunup. That accounts for most of it, but the author also mixes i some moments here and there where the character's mood brightens the night or darkens the day. By and large it mostly looks like the night/day cycle is the main element. It's kind of an interesting trick, actually.

That's how I'm interpreting it as well. It can be a bit confusing at first as black borders are traditionally used to indicate flashbacks, but I don't she's used it for that purpose so far.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

And that is psychology 101!
The support of others is what helps the most in pretty much all situations, it makes you feel apreciated and accepted.

Such a simple yet efective show of this.

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

one step at a time :)

Ao3
joined Apr 23, 2019

this is perfect. i love them

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Ah, hallucinating people calling your name? That’s a pretty bad sign of PTSD. I’m getting the sense that her parents are probably even worse than most people are expecting.

joined Jan 22, 2015

Ah, hallucinating people calling your name? That’s a pretty bad sign of PTSD. I’m getting the sense that her parents are probably even worse than most people are expecting.

I'm no expert, but I'd wager that is not a strong sign of PTSD. If it was, Bella from Twilight had an extremely severe case of PTSD.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

I've often had times where I think I hear people talking, especially when it's silent for a while and then suddenly there is faint noise. I don't think it's particularly meaningful. In this case I think she was just thinking about Satou-san, heard something, and her brain instinctively processed it as Satou-san's voice, before realizing it was just the wind.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

This is so wholesome, I love it!

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

I'm not complaining about it at all, but there seems to be an uptick in OL and Adult Life yuri lately.

I feel blessed. It's so refreshing and perfectly coincides with my life trajectory.

I could not agree more.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Uncooperative and unpleasant. Satou has an interesting way of calling herself perfect. ;3

I love this pacing.

And the way soceital pressure is depicted. Most people think they are doing right by the main character and mean well but they mess'n up. Then there is the boss who seems to literally be from another era.

last edited at Jan 15, 2020 1:14AM

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

India is extremely open about this stuff

Just letting you know India is not at all open about sexuality, or anything progressive, I guess.
The law that made homosexuality illegal was only abolished in September 2018, barely passed the 1 year milestone :'(

i think they meant nudity and skinship

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

That's how I'm interpreting it as well. It can be a bit confusing at first as black borders are traditionally used to indicate flashbacks, but I don't she's used it for that purpose so far.

I've also seen it used to convey mood, or even danger. I don't know that I'd say there's a "tradition" for it, although using it for flashbacks is the most common technique.

To reply you must either login or sign up.