Forum › Crescent Moon and Doughnuts discussion

Screenshot_2020-08-22%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20vampeerz%20ch05
joined Jan 19, 2014

Man that last Chapter hit me hard. Cleaning your room can be a really big thing for people with depression (I think that she has depression, based on her actions and thoughts). It's one of those things that look really strange from the outside. Most people probably think something along the lines of "just get it over with!", but it can be so hard to get up and do even the most basic things. The author probably has experience with depression him-/herselfe or knows someone who does. He/she does a really great job of portraying some common parts of the illness.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I just wanted to comment 'holy shit why are there 220+ comments in 3 chapters'.

Now to go back and read.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Now to go back and read.

Cause it's really good. It's so fucking good. If it continues being this good and continues to expand I think it's gonna be one of the greatest yuri mangas.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Now to go back and read.

Cause it's really good. It's so fucking good. If it continues being this good and continues to expand I think it's gonna be one of the greatest yuri mangas.

Well, it is forming to be both one of my running favourites and my all-time favourites, so...

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Usui Shio posted the first chapter on twitter and it had a pretty huge response.

Volume 1 came out today, I believe it contains the first 6 chapters (chapter 6 released today - the raws will presumably be available in the next day or two). The translator read it and said that she confirmed here that the story will continue.

last edited at Jan 17, 2020 6:18PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Otek posted:
Man that last Chapter hit me hard. Cleaning your room can be a really big thing for people with depression (I think that she has depression, based on her actions and thoughts). It's one of those things that look really strange from the outside. Most people probably think something along the lines of "just get it over with!", but it can be so hard to get up and do even the most basic things. The author probably has experience with depression him-/herselfe or knows someone who does. He/she does a really great job of portraying some common parts of the illness.

I feel this. It's already one of those stories for which I'll have to check in with myself before I read. (And I really appreciate that you said "some parts of the illness". We can't really diagnose, especially not with so little exposure.)

Temporary or not, the MC seems to me to be depressed in many of the moments the author chose to capture in chapter three, alone and with others present. To me she's suffering anxiety around her to identity and purpose that has rendered her vulnerable to depressive episodes.

It would be cool (albeit more painful) if "falling (mutually) in love" didn't serve as a magic bullet to resolve whatever is leading her to feeling low and troubled, but I do want to see a happy ending for her. (It would lift my spirits, ha-ha.)

last edited at Jan 17, 2020 7:50PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I feel this. It's already one of those stories for which I'll have to check in with myself before I read. (And I really appreciate that you said "some parts of the illness". We can't really diagnose, especially not with so little exposure.)

Temporary or not, the MC seems to me to be depressed in many of the moments the author chose to capture in chapter three, alone and with others present. To me she's suffering anxiety around her to identity and purpose that has rendered her vulnerable to depressive episodes.

It would be cool (albeit more painful) if "falling (mutually) in love" didn't serve as a magic bullet to resolve whatever is leading her to feeling low and troubled, but I do want to see a happy ending for her. (It would lift my spirits, ha-ha.)

It looks to me less like falling in love is a magic bullet so much as having someone accept and encourage her will be therapeutic.

Part of her problem seems to be a lack of people accepting her for who she is.

joined Dec 5, 2019

Usui Shio posted the first chapter on twitter and it had a pretty huge response.

Volume 1 came out today, I believe it contains the first 6 chapters (chapter 6 released today - the raws will presumably be available in the next day or two). The translator read it and said that she confirmed here that the story will continue.

This is incredible news, I'm so glad it will continue, I hope it is a hit now that the volume is out.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

It looks to me less like falling in love is a magic bullet so much as having someone accept and encourage her will be therapeutic.

Part of her problem seems to be a lack of people accepting her for who she is.

I was just saying I hope it doesn't follow that pattern, as it's a common one I've seen in many stories (not just manga). I have no clue if it's gonna go that way or not at this point.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

The only yuri where Jordan Peterson is both the theme and a character.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

When that dude was mentioned on MangaDex, it resulted in a 30 post long argument and a forum moderator had to step in.

joined Oct 22, 2018

I don't understand how Jordan Peterson fits into this work... But it doesn't sound out of place either... I wouldn't mind an elaboration... Just not as long an elaboration as what igenetycs mentioned...

last edited at Jan 19, 2020 5:14AM

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Yeah I'd like to know more too because my god I hate that motherfucker.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah I'd like to know more too because my god I hate that motherfucker.

Any mental energy expended on that fatuous bullshit is better spent doing something more productive, like pondering what dogs would be like if they were turtles, or calculating how much navel lint it would take to fill up the oceans.

last edited at Jan 19, 2020 10:05AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I don't even know who that guy is and i don't really want to know from what i see.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Canadian transphobe and alt-right pundit. Made most of his following by drastically and severely misinterpreting a bill and then saying that people were gonna get thrown in jail for misgendering trans people accidentally. Literally all the bill did was add gender identity as a protected class to the Candian constitution, it changed like 4 words. Thinks we should have a patriarchal society because lobsters do???? Thinks women wearing makeup in the workplace means that men and women can't work together, because it's a "sexual display" and means women just constantly want to fuck in the workplace. Just all-around terrible person.

last edited at Jan 19, 2020 10:24AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Also, he boils patriarchal ideology down into innocuous-sounding self-help platitudes, like “Stand up straight” and “Clean your room,” the latter being the ostensible connection to this series, I take it.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Oh. I'd've preferred a Marie Kondo joke or something then, JP is just such a bad person.

joined Oct 22, 2018

He claims to be a classical liberal (much more similar to libertarians and conservatives than to the "social" liberals of today), but he, just like a certain BS became a prominent alt-right figurehead. Tho, again, I'd like to re-iterate that he's just a figurehead, as the alt-right movement is, in reality, I highly decentralized movement with no real/actual leadership. The alt-right is basically just an ad hoc decentralized internet propagandistic militia of fascists, all things considered.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

It'll be a blast if an alpha lobster shows up in one of the chapters. And its name will be Chad.

last edited at Jan 19, 2020 12:24PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

That's enough of that guy... the thread was going so well...

joined Jan 19, 2020

I can't wait for the translations. I still don't understand japanese, so I haven't really enyojed chapters 4-5-6. Anyone know if this manga comes out monthly?

joined Oct 22, 2018

I can't wait for the translations. I still don't understand japanese, so I haven't really enyojed chapters 4-5-6. Anyone know if this manga comes out monthly?

It comes bimonthly, but it's anyone's guess as to when will chapters 4 through 6 be translated and put here. But once they're here, you can only look forward to one chapter every two months.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Catch me just rereading this again and crying tonight. God this is so good already.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Catch me just rereading this again and crying tonight. God this is so good already.

I’m kind of a sucker for stories where the reader can see what the characters see in each other but the characters don’t see those attractive qualities in themselves.

You know things are probably going to end up in a good place, but there are all kinds of interesting ways to get there.

To reply you must either login or sign up.