Forum › Even Though We're Adults discussion

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

I like how this story tries to go for a more realistic approach to their characters, it feels different from other characters because they feel like they all think a different way and go for different kinds of solutions based on their own "moral code".

I thought at first it would be like, unnecessarily super dramatic or impossibly simple with the problems at hand, I like this.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I love this! I love the pacing, the story, the openness of the characters and the fresh take on the cheating trope. definitely a breath of fresh air. Please keep translating! Thank you!

Yes! I agree with every single word you said!

Leave it to Shimura Takako to come up with such wonderful stuff.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I knew after the first chapter that I probably wouldn't know how I felt about this one until the series was over. I don't hate it, though. I'm a believer of couples trying to work through their problems, but in this case, it feels like it was just a marriage of convenience to begin with, on both sides. You know, not sure what was there at the start is worth salvaging.
...but then we wouldn't have a messy story now, would we?

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Started reading this now, since all my fav series are either over, devolved into Citrus-esque nonsense or cancelled xD

Right off the bat sex and cheating on ch 1. Kodama would be proud...but unsure what to expect other than suffering :-S

last edited at Nov 10, 2019 12:48PM

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Yeah this is it, I'm hooked. Bring on the awkward drama, woohoo

Untitled
joined Nov 13, 2019

Completely different worldviews are evidenced so well in these postboards. Apologists for a character cheating on an unsuspecting Husband, leading to people also claiming that Wataru is a 'little off' due to his numbed state after finding out about his wife and calling that reason to cheat in the first place (???)
Starting to find a lot of not misandry, but denigrating of male characters nowadays. Can't just be a nice Yuri, feeling the same thing from My Unrequited Love. Increasingly more sentiment of facets of contemporary 'pride' than girls' love :/

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Completely different worldviews are evidenced so well in these postboards. Apologists for a character cheating on an unsuspecting Husband, leading to people also claiming that Wataru is a 'little off' due to his numbed state after finding out about his wife and calling that reason to cheat in the first place (???)
Starting to find a lot of not misandry, but denigrating of male characters nowadays. Can't just be a nice Yuri, feeling the same thing from My Unrequited Love. Increasingly more sentiment of facets of contemporary 'pride' than girls' love :/

To show reasons why a character would be less than fully satisfied with their marriage (i.e., the husbands in both series are sort of clueless dorks) is not the same thing as morally justifying or advocating the characters' actions.

Unless you think that fictional stories are actually simply disguised handbooks for proper behavior or a form of political propaganda, in which case, you're on your own.

joined Oct 27, 2018

I Lol'd at your unironic use of the word misandry

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

A story about a gay girl wasting her time with some random married-to-a-man woman with whom she had a one night stand while being drunk, is maybe rare in manga but so cliché in real life.
And the same way I never could give a single fck listening to gay girls talking about their hellish life of being the mistress of a married-to-a-man woman, or listening to married-to-men women crying over the fact that they got caught cheating with other women - I cannot feel any form of sympathy toward any of the characters of this story. The sight of it already bores me out.

joined May 1, 2013

Ohhhh there is something delightfully horrible about well-written passive aggression. The husband's move deserves a chef kiss.

Great juxtaposition there, too. All these games all the other characters are playing, and then Akari just straightforwardly says what she feels and what she wants.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I love this! I love the pacing, the story, the openness of the characters and the fresh take on the cheating trope. definitely a breath of fresh air. Please keep translating! Thank you!

Yes! I agree with every single word you said!

Leave it to Shimura Takako to come up with such wonderful stuff.

^ both of these, so much. This might be one of my new favorite all time works

joined May 31, 2019

This is Prime Angst. I fucking love it.

Komomojpg
joined Aug 6, 2014

The more I see the mother in law the less I can stand her.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Ikr? Some people hating another entire group of people on principle? In this day and age? How preposterous!

joined Jun 1, 2016

I'm really not liking the husband. He's clearly trying to start shit by telling the sister about the affair and where to find her. I get it, you got cheated on. But when you're supposedly trying to make the relationship work, the less people that know the better. He's only gonna push her further away and then blame her when shit gets worse

last edited at Dec 30, 2019 9:15PM

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

So refreshing. Keep going.Remind me more of Yamaji Ebine works.

Pero01
joined Apr 1, 2014

I think the aaaaangst tag should be larger.

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

Ikr? Some people hating another entire group of people on principle? In this day and age? How preposterous!

Poor you, getting hated and treated like trash in 2,5 books and mangas in 5000 years of humanity culture... Can’t even iimagine how hard it is to handle something like that!

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Every chapter of this breathtakingly rendered slow-motion trainwreck leaves me needing more. This was definitely not a virtuous, or even smart, move by the husband, but you have to figure...he is probably desperate to talk about this to somebody, and - in typical male fashion - if he has any other male friends, he would probably not be comfortable admitting to any of them that his wife cheated on him, let alone with a woman.

As for Aya, her feelings are rightly the center of this whirlpool, the eye of this storm. It seems clear to me that she never had any passion for her husband. It was, as she puts it in her reminiscence, a normal, sensible, expected step for her life to take, but it was no romance. Think of that, and just look at her now, all a-blush (and a-sweat) just talking to Akari on the phone. As a woman who does seem to have a rational head on her shoulders in terms of "doing what needs to be done" to get along smoothly in life, I hope Aya will be able to look at the situation with self-awareness and understand what needs to happen, and who she actually wants to be with.

Just a few rambling thoughts. As someone who was deeply disappointed with the final chapters of Aoi Hana, I wonder if it's even wise to hope for a "happy ending" here, whatever that may mean. The only thing you can say for sure is that Shimura knows how to make manga. Thanks for your work, Akiba.

last edited at Dec 30, 2019 9:55PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I'm really not liking the husband. He's clearly trying to start shit by telling the sister about the affair and where to find her. I get it, you got cheated on. But when you're supposedly trying to make the relationship work, the less people that know the better. He's only gonna push her further away and then blame her when shit gets worse

I don't think he's trying to make the relationship work. Or at least, he's not actively fighting for her. It's more like he's trying to figure out what's going on, and he can't help telling some people about it because it just feels so surreal and unbelievable. But he seems like the type of person who would back out if Ayano ever said she would choose Akari over him.

Download
joined May 10, 2016

It hurt to see her cry and begging the protagonist to come back, Don't HURT OUR SWEET BARTENDER U BIATCH

joined May 1, 2013

Every chapter of this breathtakingly rendered slow-motion trainwreck leaves me needing more. This was definitely not a virtuous, or even smart, move by the husband, but you have to figure...he is probably desperate to talk about this to somebody, and - in typical male fashion - if he has any other male friends, he would probably not be comfortable admitting to any of them that his wife cheated on him, let alone with a woman.

And something else: he probably expects his sister-in-law to relish having something "over" a family member and would turn on Aya, because that's what would happen in HIS family. It doesn't occur to him that, push come to shove, she'll side with supporting her sister.

Vader
joined Apr 5, 2019

Akari nailed the words... she was tricked because she didn't know that Aya was married (even when afterwards she go on seeing her) and all the persons Aya's husband talk to think of her as the happy-married-couples breaker...
The past experiences of Akari with girls who had bf/husband dont help at all
Honestly i don't see a happy end to Akari.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

And something else: he probably expects his sister-in-law to relish having something "over" a family member and would turn on Aya, because that's what would happen in HIS family. It doesn't occur to him that, push come to shove, she'll side with supporting her sister.

Why does everybody think the husband is a bad guy? Honestly, though, he seems like the most decent person out of the three. He loves Ayano and wants her to be happy, he's always talked to her and asked her what she wants, then Ayano fucked up bad and he's even trying to cope with it somehow. He hasn't given me one reason to dislike him.

joined Oct 5, 2016

oh god everyone is so nice and everything is so fucked up and no one just gets to be happy or even really seems to feel like they deserve to be happy

To reply you must either login or sign up.