I really don't understand why so many yuri fans are against yaoi

last edited at Sep 11, 2019 8:40PM

Letys%20try%20this%20again
joined Mar 26, 2017

Those background characters eavesdropping had me laughing

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Reminds me a little of Still Sick

Never thought I'd like a manga about 2 fujoshis falling in love. It's.... perfect

I also love all the detail put into everything

And of course how relatable the characters are

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Fetishizing? Is this a hentai? I thought it was just something the characters like to do/talk about like music or play table games... Is like, you want to make it look worse just because you don't like it.

Queer people aren't a hobby is the thing and treating them like one is kind of dehumanizing. It'd be different if it were part of a broader enjoyment of shipping in general but obsessing over and idealizing a minority group that you aren't a part of (in this case queer men) isn't a great look especially considering how entrenched stereotypes are in this kind of fandom. It's not functionally different from white dudes talking about "yellow fever."

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

What does Plamo means? I'm not enought otaku toi understand that lol

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

What does Plamo means? I'm not enought otaku toi understand that lol

People who build and paint plastic models (airplanes, ships, Gundam, tanks, etc)

AHHHHHHHHHHH someone like Keroro. I see I see, I didn't know they have a name but thinking it right they have a name for those who are obsesed with history xD
Also, thank you!

last edited at Sep 11, 2019 9:28PM

joined Mar 30, 2017

Fetishizing? Is this a hentai? I thought it was just something the characters like to do/talk about like music or play table games... Is like, you want to make it look worse just because you don't like it.

Queer people aren't a hobby is the thing and treating them like one is kind of dehumanizing. It'd be different if it were part of a broader enjoyment of shipping in general but obsessing over and idealizing a minority group that you aren't a part of (in this case queer men) isn't a great look especially considering how entrenched stereotypes are in this kind of fandom. It's not functionally different from white dudes talking about "yellow fever."

You... you realize you are on a yuri site right?

last edited at Sep 11, 2019 9:31PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ I was just gonna say this lol. The exact same thing applies to anyone being a fan of yuri surely? are you saying us all loving and being fans of yuri is somehow dehumanising and fetishizing a minority unless we are lesbians? Because that certainly isnt how i think about it.

And on the fujoshi note, I have no problem with them in a story at all- but because im not into BL at all, I'll just say I'm happier if they just talk about it and we dont have to see many pics of it.

p.p.s is that 'precious' she uses Tōtoi ?

last edited at Sep 11, 2019 10:11PM

joined Jun 1, 2016

the nier: Automata text in the end

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I'm the girls in the background of page 41

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Naguya posted:

I really don't understand why so many yuri fans are against yaoi

Because men in yuri or something.

elevown posted:

p.p.s is that 'precious' she uses Tōtoi ?

Yes.

last edited at Sep 11, 2019 11:40PM

Dynasty%20icon
joined Nov 18, 2018

a lot of crackheadery and text but overall ADORABLE nd i love them.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

majere posted:

While I don't agree with that belief (like separating people so each are obligated to like specific things withing their own group only. Feels like that makes it worse for humanity) I actually misunderstood what you said, I thought you meant that we were fetishizing the fujoshis by liking a yuri story about them and I was like whaaaaaaaaaaaaat ah well, fujoshis or not I like this story very much, so I don't intent to argue with people that have issues with it... I'll just await the new chapter.......patiently !

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Sato must really like girls with that hairstyle since she's put another in her works

joined May 17, 2019

Wow. It's like Futari Monologue colliding with 2DK/G-Pen/Alarm Clock.

And Still Sick, sort of...!! with the whole love of shipping stuff lol

Icon3
joined Dec 17, 2017

I hope those being very, very concerned about the evils of "fujoshi fetishizing" would not be the same people reading manga like "Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita!". The lack of self awareness that would display would be staggering.

Cute idea of the manga. Shame it's involving a schoolgirl, if both characters were adults it'd be a lot better.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

This is gold

joined Jul 26, 2016

This thread (or rather certain people in it, you know who you are) demonstrates yet again the universal truth that prudish Moral Guardians are found in every community, great blindness to irony and bizarre mental gymnastics often being involved.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Interesting little story.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

I'm just gonna state now that age gap is my favorite sub genre of yuri, and this was an absolute gem of a first chapter. I have no problem with them being BL fujoshi (don't like BL myself), although it is kinda weird in yuri, but whatever. I'm hoping for more of the same in upcoming chapters.
p.s. If you hate age gap don't respond pls (age gap haters are always somewhere lurking here in age gap works comments for some reason)

joined Jan 8, 2014

Great release ch, i hope the series shines like this ch did ^_^ so precious, so funny <3

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Manga: "She bought the sexy outfit."
Me outloud: "Oh my god. Why."

but in a good way. This was pretty funny.

joined Feb 22, 2018

BL/Yaoi: the over-the-top "gay male" genre that isn't an exploration of female same sex relationships by other means. No ma'am! It is not a concious attempt to disguise female homoeroticism by overcompensating with exclusively Male characters. Characters who are obviously not extremely effeminate, impossibly sensitive and well shaven. These are all caps GAY MEN! And nor is it a darker yin to the yuri yang, with its rampant violence, prevalent rape, common shota characters (perversity that is so prevalent that some researchers think that yaoi exists simply to safely insulate "forbidden" female lust from outside patriarchal scrutiny and its hypocritical codes of "good girl" behavior. Sublimating this lust into gay sex makes it too weird and upsetting for straight men bent on policing female sexuality from even gazing at the covers of BL books). But clearly Yaoi/BL is pure bliss and joy.

To reply you must either login or sign up.